Alice Cullen

Character Discussion Forum

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Re: Alice Cullen

Post by vampirenerd »

Well...you have to remeber Alice doesn't remember what it's like to be human...so she's kinda living vicariously through Bella. And yeah, she's a little materialistic but she's such an upbeat, happy person that to me her great personality is a good enough reason to overlook that flaw
JoanneMaria
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: crying in the midst of a boundless labyrinth of ancient trees *New York*

Post by JoanneMaria »

During her human life Alice had NOTHING but darkness. She now has a family and a guy who love her, not to mention they have tons of money, why shouldn't she spend and spend. It is not like she only spends it on herself!!!
"Life sucks, and then you die." BD 143
Shakespeare
Wandering Through Town

Post by Shakespeare »

vampirenerd wrote:Well...you have to remeber Alice doesn't remember what it's like to be human...so she's kinda living vicariously through Bella. And yeah, she's a little materialistic but she's such an upbeat, happy person that to me her great personality is a good enough reason to overlook that flaw
I never understood the "living through Bella" claim. Being a vampire obviously isn't stopping her from shopping and going to the prom. I don't see why the Cullens can't celebrate birthdays even if they aren't actually aging. Alice is about a century old, right? Don't you think she has had enough of these experiences to be able to give Bella some space? Perhaps her happy personality makes up for it slightly, but she still annoys me and I don't think she treats Bella very well.
I'm actually an anti. I don't like the Twilight series at all.

I'm here because I enjoy discussing literature and I think it's often much more interesting to talk to people who disagree with you.

And yes, I have read the books. ;)
JoanneMaria
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: crying in the midst of a boundless labyrinth of ancient trees *New York*

Post by JoanneMaria »

I think Alice treats Bella just like an older sister would.
"Life sucks, and then you die." BD 143
emmett_<3
Learning to Love Green

Post by emmett_<3 »

Alice aggrivates me. Sorry. :/
"The piercing, heartbroken howling grew fainter and then disappeared entirely." <3

"Could a dead, frozen heart break? It felt like mine would." -MS
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

I really like Alice. She's quirky and fun.

But she also seems very materialistic. I think SMeyer created a great character... and then added this obsessive shopping trait that just didn't seem to fit.

I could see Rosalie being that stereotypic blonde who is completely obsessed with her appearance (I was actually hoping to see a stronger side of her, but was disappointed after all four books), but Alice was the cool psycho— sorry, psychic— chick. :D

It would be nice if Alice liked reading or something. It would be nice if any of the female characters other than smarty Bella enjoyed something other than clothing, makeup, shopping and gossip. But that's for another time and place... :)

Anyway, I still like Alice's basic character, but this 100 + year old vampire is still obsessed with birthdays, proms, and shopping?
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
KaseyHeartEdward
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by KaseyHeartEdward »

Amivera wrote:I really like Alice. She's quirky and fun.

But she also seems very materialistic. I think SMeyer created a great character... and then added this obsessive shopping trait that just didn't seem to fit.

I could see Rosalie being that stereotypic blonde who is completely obsessed with her appearance (I was actually hoping to see a stronger side of her, but was disappointed after all four books), but Alice was the cool psycho— sorry, psychic— chick. :D

It would be nice if Alice liked reading or something. It would be nice if any of the female characters other than smarty Bella enjoyed something other than clothing, makeup, shopping and gossip. But that's for another time and place... :)

Anyway, I still like Alice's basic character, but this 100 + year old vampire is still obsessed with birthdays, proms, and shopping?

Sorry i know this is the alice thread but Rosalie is really into cars and fixing them.

Oh glad you like Alice!
Love Always ~KaseyHeartEdward

Original Twilighter
harmony_624
Wandering Through Town

Post by harmony_624 »

Sarah wrote:Wow - first Alice post
Anyway, I love Alice, totally my favorite character
But I was really disapointed by how she acted in BD :(
She always seemed i don't know, there, in the other books. But she wouldn't be near Bella when she was pregnant, and then all to soon she just /leaves/.
That made me angry.
Of course, its not up to me, but I don't think Alice would do that, no matter what :-/

I cried when Alice left, I never thought that she would do that to Bella...or Edward. I was so heart broken...I couldn't believe that she would abandon her family that way. :cry:

And you are so right, she was so...not there in BD...I was upset at SM for doing that. But I was happy when she came back. :D
One word says it all: Twilight

Team Edward - because who really needs a headboard?! ♥

Me without Twilight is like Bella without Edward, and we all know how that played out!

Image<-- Egg(s) are clickable (please click!!)
TheVampireGirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by TheVampireGirl »

I love Alice. Sure, she can be a little ostintatious at times, espesialy when it comes to events such as Bella and Edward's wedding and the party she threw for graduation. BUT! She would be the best sister ever. She has great fasion advice...I have to admit she pisses me off at times though <_<....BUT! Who doesn't piss someone off at least once in their life? EXACTLY! Alice is my bestest best friend...even when she isn't real and is in a book......
I am team switzerland. I refuse to take part in the territorial disputes between feuding mythical creatures. Oh yeah. Thats me. Team Switzerland.
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

I love Alice!!! I have a friend who looks like her almost exactly!!! She could be Alice except her name is Emma and she doesn't like shopping. But that's ok with me, I don't like shopping either.
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey