Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
catchick
Settled in Forks

Re: Alice Cullen

Post by catchick »

I think that Alice can't see werewolves and the baby because she has never been one. She sees vampires and humans. Well, she is a vampire, and she was once a human. She doesn't remember being a human though, and her visions of humans are less clear. She has never been a werewolf or a human/vampire, so maybe that is why she can't see them.
pharmer4
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by pharmer4 »

no, it's because of the decision-making process.

Vampires are very driven and exact, so their decisions are hard and easy for her to see.

Humans are flighty (in comparison) and capricious, so it is harder to see their futures.

Werewolves are completely beyond decisions - it is totally instinct - so there is no "decision" to be made.

I think human/vampire cross-breeds are different all together - it is likely that their futures are uncertain due to their mixed lineage, so their future is a big "?" (not to mention, it made it easier to explain Alice's extended absence if she is unable to see Nahuea (sp, sorry).
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

pharmer4 wrote:no, it's because of the decision-making process.

Vampires are very driven and exact, so their decisions are hard and easy for her to see.

Humans are flighty (in comparison) and capricious, so it is harder to see their futures.

Werewolves are completely beyond decisions - it is totally instinct - so there is no "decision" to be made.

I think human/vampire cross-breeds are different all together - it is likely that their futures are uncertain due to their mixed lineage, so their future is a big "?" (not to mention, it made it easier to explain Alice's extended absence if she is unable to see Nahuea (sp, sorry).
No, pharmer4- catchick is right. Alice cannot see the werewolves because she isn't one. Same with the half-breeds. She admits this in Breaking Dawn, in a scene while Edward waited for Bella to pull through the transformation.

I don't have the exact quote here, but it's something like "I see vampires best, because I am one. I can see humans somewhat, because I was one."

The theory about decision-making was speculation at one point, but Alice settles the score in this scene.
pharmer4
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by pharmer4 »

ah, yes I remember that now. thanks for reminding me.
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
aliacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aliacullen »

i love alice she my fav character
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

I lovre alice! and if you cant tell by my aiv, banner, the pooint that i run appc. I love her :lol: ashley greene is my new fave actor! I love her, and i thikn that alice is the best, great fashion sense, pretty, nice and upbeat, and always optamistic.
I love her end of story :lol:
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Alice is freakin awesome! I love her & she's definitely my favorite Cullen (besides Edward.) How could you not love her? I wish she were my best friend and or sister.

I had a dream the other night where she planned MY wedding! (Unfortunately I don't remember much except that I was getting married & that she planned it & it was the day of the wedding & I wanted to do or change something and I was like No,Alice would kill me! :lol:) Now how awesome would that be? She did such a beatiful job w/Bella & Edward's wedding, and I would want mine small just like theirs.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Tmia
Settled in Forks

Post by Tmia »

Alice is...well...simply Alice...at first I didn't even notice her that much, but then people started pointing out that I'm just as pushy as she is...and i really hated that, so i was trying to prove them otherwise....yeah right...as if i could do that...
The best thing about this character is that she is always so positive...and pushy..:D, and she can make you laugh any time...and of course she saves the day in Breaking dawn :D
Some say love conquers all, lifts you up when you fall...
Dazzled_by.....JAMES
Settled in Forks

Post by Dazzled_by.....JAMES »

I think Alice is sooooooooo cool! I like the way she is always graceful and easygoing but gets really determined when she wants something! I think it is really mean the way Aro wants to take advantage of her powers! Does anyone agree with me? I think she is also really funny and would be an incredible friend to have!
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" - Edward Cullen

"Do I dazzle you" - Edward Cullen

"You're my life now. You're the only thing it would hurt to lose" - Edward Cullen
alices_sister
Settled in Forks

Post by alices_sister »

I am a huge Alice fan. She is my Favoutite character obviously
I wish i had a friend or sister like that :D

oh and to you fans wanting to attack Alice for Jasper....just give me Alice hahaha I'd turn for her