Alice Cullen

Character Discussion Forum

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Re: Alice Cullen

Post by vampirenerd »

Alice is another one of my favorite characters. I love how for the most part she is happy go lucky, bouncy little Alice. She's always seen to be in good spirits and she hardly ever gets down about something. I love how in BD she uses Jake and Seth as medicine to her headaches lol. She reminds me the most of Carlisle actually. She is a geniunly good person. No matter what happens she's always there for her family and Bella. even when she "left" she was doing it for there own good, to help them out.
LipsForeverSealed
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: In a black leather chair, that spins, *spin* weee! In Ireland

Post by LipsForeverSealed »

Alice!
heehee yay I soo love Alice! She rocks!
I was soo beyond depressed when she left in BD, I was like Alice wouldnt do that, she'll come back any second now....,
When she did come back I was like freaking out with happiness! The page of her return has ALICE! written on every blank space..., its actually rather alarming...., ah well! :lol:
LipsForeverSealed
Image Edward Cullen
AliceLove
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by AliceLove »

If Bella and Edward and Jacob didn't exist (haha) then Alice would be my fave character! She's so sweet and cute and bubbly! :D I was like crying when she left in BD, even though I knew she must have something up her sleeve. :P

Thanks ilovetwilight!
LizzieBug
Settled in Forks

Post by LizzieBug »

New to the site so I couldn't figure out how to quote, but early in the thread (page 4, third post down by Malaz,) someone asked why Alice didn't see Bella going to meet James. She did see it, and was answered, earlier, she was looking for the "trigger" for that. I think (and I'm reading between the lines here) that when she went to the restroom with Jasper as "guard" Alice must have had some spark of realization of what was happening and the only reason they didn't try to stop her is that they wanted to wait for Carlisle, Emmet & Edward to arrive so they could all go together and stop James. Alice may have had more visions of what exactly to do and where exactly to go while Bella was making her way back to the dance studio. We just don't know it because the story is told from Bella's point of view.

Someone also asked something about why Alice saw Bella as becoming a vampire when a decision hadn't been made. This question was early in the thread too but when I went back to find it, I couldn't, so I don't know who asked. I went to Stephenie Meyer's site and read the Midnight Sun pages that she posted and it explains it well there. Edward hadn't decided yet if he was going to drink her blood or if he was going to keep her safe even from himself. However at that point, he HAD decided that he wasn't going to stay away from her anymore. Alice saw the outcome of THAT decision (giving in to the love he felt for Bella and staying with her instead of resisting) going two ways -- either he'd eat her or she'd become one of them.

Now, on to my question, which is, who was Alice's creator? I read the minute details provided in one tiny paragraph-and-a-half in chapter 22 (I think - I don't have my book handy) called Hide and Seek in Twilight five times and from what I gather she was in an asylum because she had visions (in New Moon we find out that her parents put her there and then said she was dead, putting up a tombstone with her death date the same as the day they dropped her off). From there it gets a little sketchy. What was James doing hanging around the asylum? I gather that there was an old vampire who ran the place (doesn't give a name). I'm imagine it would be a convenient place to work for a vampire if people dropped off their family and planned to never come back and then told everyone they were dead. So was James used to going round to the asylum for some easy prey, or did he see her in town before and follow her there? I wish that Stephenie would have explained it better, because we get a good look into all the other characters' creations in the other books. Back to the point. The old vampire sees that James is on the prowl for Alice and so he changes her, making her safe from James, because he's grown fond of her? Did I get the gist of it?

That kind of says something to me about Alice. If she was charming enough to become the object of an old vampire's affection as a mortal, how much more charming would she be in real life? She deals with the hand life deals her with a positive outlook. "Alice will be Alice." Part of her charm is that she is so confident in what she is doing. She knows what is going to happen and that it will all be good in the end, so she goes on her way, happy with what she has.

The vampires that make up Carlisle's family each play a part in the plot and I don't think that any one of them could be cut. But if I had to pick a favorite (discounting Edward, of course), I think it would be Alice. She can plan my parties anytime.
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

i just have to say, that i literally got up and screamed in absolute joy, yelling "go alice! go alice! uh huh. uh huh," when alice came back in breaking dawn. i was so happy!!
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
pubesy
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by pubesy »

i dont think the Assylm was run by a vampire. where did it say that?

but poor alice...they would rather pretend for her to be dead...that is completely sad.

how long was she in the asylum for? and who "changed" her? and what happened after the transformation?
Team Switzerland - Thanks for the sig Alysha
adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis
AliceLove
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by AliceLove »

LizzieBug wrote:New to the site so I couldn't figure out how to quote, but early in the thread (page 4, third post down by Malaz,) someone asked why Alice didn't see Bella going to meet James. She did see it, and was answered, earlier, she was looking for the "trigger" for that. I think (and I'm reading between the lines here) that when she went to the restroom with Jasper as "guard" Alice must have had some spark of realization of what was happening and the only reason they didn't try to stop her is that they wanted to wait for Carlisle, Emmet & Edward to arrive so they could all go together and stop James. Alice may have had more visions of what exactly to do and where exactly to go while Bella was making her way back to the dance studio. We just don't know it because the story is told from Bella's point of view.
Nice. :D *smiles in appreciation* not sure if any of that is absolutely certain, but its a good theory!
:P

Thanks ilovetwilight!
BiteMeEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by BiteMeEdward »

Alice is one of my favourite characters! I love her upbeat personality and her perkiness and how she treats Bella like a Barbie doll. I also love how kind and caring she is. She puts others before herself and I can truly relate to her character. :)
AliceC
Learning to Love Green

Post by AliceC »

Awww,
I adore Alice. She has to be the quirkiest character in the whole book!
She's so funny, and when things get serious, she's always the one who breaks the ice.

I loved her in Twilight, because she was just awesome, with her little visions. I loved her in New Moon, because there was so much time spent with her, and she was the reason that they all got back together. I loved her in Eclipse, because the whole storyline with the Porsche and the argument with the werewolves during the graduation party was all so funny to me : )

I loved her in Breaking Dawn, except that I missed her when she wasn't around much during half of it.

She's my vampire idol.

XD

You. Are. Not. Leaving. Me. - Ian O'Shea
Shakespeare
Wandering Through Town

Post by Shakespeare »

I've always found Alice to be a bit too materialistic. I didn't really mind her too much in Twilight, but I think her character started going downhill in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn.

I especially hated how she dressed Bella in a cocktail dress when she was in horrible pain. That did not seem like a very sisterly thing to do.
I'm actually an anti. I don't like the Twilight series at all.

I'm here because I enjoy discussing literature and I think it's often much more interesting to talk to people who disagree with you.

And yes, I have read the books. ;)