Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
TwilightAli
Settled in Forks

Re: Jacob Black

Post by TwilightAli »

DesiringJB wrote:
eclipserox wrote:Really? I loved Twilight, but NM really dragged on for me. I was really sick of Bella moping around and Bella and Jacob doing the same old thing all the time. I was waiting for something, anything to happen. Ideally, I wanted Edward to come back, but it would have kept me more interested in Jacob and Bella had become romantically involved instead of staying friends. I keep reading that you have to read NM twice to really enjoy it, though, and I've only read it once. I don't own the book, but I'm considering buying it so I can re-read it and see if I like it better the 2nd time. Eclipse is obviously my favorite ; )
Well I loved NM the first time through.. And I never felt like things dragged on with Bella and Jacob's friendship. I found all their time together fascinating.. Thats why I like Bella and Jacob together more than Edward and Bella.. I feel like Edward and Bella moments drag on.. Their moments are repetitive, IMO. The most boring part in all the books for me is Bella and Edward's honeymoon.. :roll:
Ugh, I was never a big fan of Jacob. I always thought that he was butting in where he didn't belong. I'm a big fan of Bella and Edward even though Edward left her.
DesiringJB
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by DesiringJB »

TwilightAli wrote: Ugh, I was never a big fan of Jacob. I always thought that he was butting in where he didn't belong. I'm a big fan of Bella and Edward even though Edward left her.
Butting in? Why because Edward left Bella? Or because Bella ran to Jacob?? What should Jacob have told Bella? To go away? No, he was a good friend. He helped put Bella back together after Edward broke her. Jacob didn't intrude on anything. He had a right to be there as much (or maybe even more so) as Edward.
Last edited by DesiringJB on Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

he belonged with Bella as much as edward did. in a different way perhaps, but he belonged nonetheless.

did i miss something? why did threethings need to PM??

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
DesiringJB
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by DesiringJB »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:he belonged with Bella as much as edward did. in a different way perhaps, but he belonged nonetheless.

did i miss something? why did threethings need to PM??
Thanks HOFJ :)

I think threethings was just pming about how the jacob thread is like maxed out..
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Yep, that's right. Ninna said she did already, I was talking to her, so no worries. :D
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
mom26ks
Wandering Through Town

Post by mom26ks »

Wow, That's some serious feelings of dislike for Bella and New Moon. Remember she LOVED Edward, he was in her mind-her life. He left her why?? Come on we all know the answer to that. Jacob made her feel like a human again not just an aching lost soul. (can you honesty say you never felt that bad because of a break up). She tried in the book to make it very clear to him that she was never going to cross the line and her heart was always Edwards. She did however admit if things were different she would have stayed with him. In all honesty we know why Bella loves Jacob and he her,he pulled her out of an awful spot, gave her some life back and always promised to be there- not even mentioning what happens in Breaking Dawn. Edward was always first even if it meant getting a small part of him back. She did spent all her time with him and was crazy in love and he with her. Jacob was the warmth she needed to help her through the cold (no pun) of being alone. She often thought to herself she was damaged goods...how they get this across in a movie will be interesting to see. She relied on Jake and his friendship but never really fell out of love with Edward. BTW Eclipse was my favorite book.
s69.photobucket.com/albums/i47/len...
TwilightAli
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightAli »

DesiringJB wrote:
Butting in? Why because Edward left Bella? Or because Bella ran to Jacob?? What should Jacob have told Bella? To go away? No, he was a good friend. He helped put Bella back together after Edward broke her. Jacob didn't intrude on anything. He had a right to be there as much (or maybe even more so) as Edward.

You make a very good point. Edward did leave Bella to move on with her life and forget him. I just thought that she should have found other people to befriend. *I'm sorry if I caused you to become upset.
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:Eclipse is 100% and without a doubt my favorite, even though i want to smack all the characters except charlie, billy, and jacob (most of the time) during it. It was just definitely the most well-written. Twilight comes next even though there's not much jake, because bella is tolerable then. and then new moon, i just think it's so sad because jacob is doing so much for her and she is so ungrateful and self-centered and then she just forgives edward and turns her back on jacob without so much as an i'm sorry or an explanation. grrr.
I'm not a big Jacob fan so how much he is in the book doesn't make or break it for me. I don't dislike Jacob. He's a good guy. I was just always rooting for Bella and Edward. I like Eclipse, MS, BD, Twilight, and NM in that order. I've only read each book once, though, so I guess that might change.

I do agree with you that Bella is ungrateful and self-centered. I think she can be selfish even in her relationship with Edward, but her treatment of Jacob was not OK. He was a really good friend to her. He did so much for her. She knew he had stronger feelings for her than she did for him. She should have broke it to him gently and then left him in peace so he could get over her. I know he made this difficult, telling her he was OK with being just friends with her and popping into her life constantly, but she knew it wasn't right. She said several times in NM and Eclipse that she knew she was being selfish by keeping him in her life when she was hurting him and yet she never managed to give the poor kid a break.

Also, I never really understood why Bella was angry with Jacob for imprinting on Renesmee. She knew first hand what a great guy he was, he had been nothing but kind to Renesmee, she understood that imprinting was out of his control. I would think she'd be happy that he was finally over her, would be able to be part of her life, and was making her daughter happy.
TwilightAli
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightAli »

eclipserox wrote:
holdingoutforjacob wrote:.
I'm not a big Jacob fan so how much he is in the book doesn't make or break it for me. I don't dislike Jacob. He's a good guy. I was just always rooting for Bella and Edward. I like Eclipse, MS, BD, Twilight, and NM in that order. I've only read each book once, though, so I guess that might change.

I do agree with you that Bella is ungrateful and self-centered. I think she can be selfish even in her relationship with Edward, but her treatment of Jacob was not OK. He was a really good friend to her. He did so much for her. She knew he had stronger feelings for her than she did for him. She should have broke it to him gently and then left him in peace so he could get over her. I know he made this difficult, telling her he was OK with being just friends with her and popping into her life constantly, but she knew it wasn't right. She said several times in NM and Eclipse that she knew she was being selfish by keeping him in her life when she was hurting him and yet she never managed to give the poor kid a break.
This is how I feel 100% :D
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

eclipserox wrote:Also, I never really understood why Bella was angry with Jacob for imprinting on Renesmee. She knew first hand what a great guy he was, he had been nothing but kind to Renesmee, she understood that imprinting was out of his control. I would think she'd be happy that he was finally over her, would be able to be part of her life, and was making her daughter happy.
I think it basically boils down to this... Bella was, despite her unexpected control over her new amped up emotions and senses, a newborn, and as such, despite the legitimacy and fortuity of his having imprinted on Renesmee, all Bella was capable of seeing was that although she was only like 3 days old, she already had suitors, and Bella felt the need to protect Renesmee...
I'm not saying I think she should have attacked him, but, given the circumstances, I don't see how it could have gone any differently...
Thank god she didn't bite him though!!
scary...
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp