Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Re: Emmett Cullen

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

^ ^ I assume she meant Henry.

Anyway, the story of Emmett's background is one you get from Rose's viewpoint in Eclipse and Emmett's viewpoint in the outtake I mentioned in my last post. You really need to read both to get the full picture. Emmett seems to have had a religious experience of some sort thinking Rose was an angel, Carlisle was God and the pain of being changed was the fires of Hell. Rose on the other hand saw a childlike innocence in his face and couldn't let him die. By the way, the whole innocence part is funny to me since he himself admits that he wasn't innocent. I think he was instantly attracted to her beauty and that quickly turned to love. And there is an arguement for it being love at first sight because Bella mentions that Emmett is the only one that understands what she is experiencing because he loved a vampire while still human even if it was very brief. But for Rose, she was attracted to the childlike qualities she saw in him because she wanted a baby like Henry so badly. And then that turned into love, although I've never figured out how quickly it happened for her.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

Bronze Haired Girl wrote:^ ^ I assume she meant Henry.

Anyway, the story of Emmett's background is one you get from Rose's viewpoint in Eclipse and Emmett's viewpoint in the outtake I mentioned in my last post. You really need to read both to get the full picture. Emmett seems to have had a religious experience of some sort thinking Rose was an angel, Carlisle was God and the pain of being changed was the fires of Hell. Rose on the other hand saw a childlike innocence in his face and couldn't let him die. By the way, the whole innocence part is funny to me since he himself admits that he wasn't innocent. I think he was instantly attracted to her beauty and that quickly turned to love. And there is an arguement for it being love at first sight because Bella mentions that Emmett is the only one that understands what she is experiencing because he loved a vampire while still human even if it was very brief. But for Rose, she was attracted to the childlike qualities she saw in him because she wanted a baby like Henry so badly. And then that turned into love, although I've never figured out how quickly it happened for her.
I had been wondering how someone like Emmett could fall someone like Rosalie. I read the outtake and I shook my head. Poor Emmett, all that blood loss and he thinks he's in love. Oh well, Rosalie should be grateful that Emmett looked pass all selfishness and saw her beauty, oops I mean heart.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
Jazziscool
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jazziscool »

It also says somewhere that Emmett and Rose are opposires and the NEED each other, so that would also contribute to him seeing her "heart". :roll: :P

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
Moonlit Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Moonlit Sunlight »

Kachiti wrote:
Moonlit Sunlight wrote:
ilovetwilight wrote:does anybody know what emmett's story is? they never explain it in any of the books...
Yeah they do explain it in one of the books i can't remember which one exacly but he get's attacked by a bear while one a camping trip or a hunting trip.. well anyways he get's attacked and Rosalies hunting when she sees him and she saves him because he reminded her so much of timothy one of her friends sons when she was human.. well anyways rosalie saves him and she supposedly takes him to carlisle... and they have both been together ever since... now i remember where i saw his story it was during Eclipse and while Rosalie is telling Bella why she would stay human...... it sort of explains it better than i did....
I think you mean little Henry.
I'm sorry i did mean Henry i don't know why i said timothy... sorry...
What a lucky duck! Wish he'd give me a hickey!
"LIfe sucks, and then you die." Jacob Black
Sponser of DBJ & Co. Donating Blood To Jasper & Co.
Moonlit Sunlight

Kachiti wrote:
Bronze Haired Girl wrote:^ ^ I assume she meant Henry.

I had been wondering how someone like Emmett could fall someone like Rosalie. I read the outtake and I shook my head. Poor Emmett, all that blood loss and he thinks he's in love. Oh well, Rosalie should be grateful that Emmett looked pass all selfishness and saw her beauty, oops I mean heart.
I agree Emmett is such a great guy rosalie should be happy that he stays with her.....
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

ok, thanks to everyone :D ! but does anybody know what happened to emmett BEFORE he got attacked by the bear? like did he have a family? where did he live? did he have a job? because in the books it tell's everyone elses stories just not emmetts...
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
Moonlit Sunlight

ilovetwilight wrote:ok, thanks to everyone :D ! but does anybody know what happened to emmett BEFORE he got attacked by the bear? like did he have a family? where did he live? did he have a job? because in the books it tell's everyone elses stories just not emmetts...
I think that he had a brother and some other family... but i'm not sure i think it said that in one of the other books....
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

ilovetwilight wrote:ok, thanks to everyone :D ! but does anybody know what happened to emmett BEFORE he got attacked by the bear? like did he have a family? where did he live? did he have a job? because in the books it tell's everyone elses stories just not emmetts...
Ok, it's time for the list of Emmett Facts again. I haven't done it on our new boards, but for those of you that were around on the old boards you will probably recognize this.

Emmett “facts” we know from Stephenie:

Facts are in bold.
Things we can imply from the facts are in italics.

1. Emmett’s last name was McCarty.
2. Emmett was the youngest of a huge Scotch-Irish-American brood.
3. Emmett was from Gatlinburg, TN.
4. The bear attack happened in 1935 when Emmett was 20 years old. The bear that mauled him must have been a black bear because there are no grizzly bears in the Appalachian Mountains.
5. Emmett was born in 1915.
6. Since Emmett thought his change was the fires of Hell and he figured he had earned that end, we know that Emmett must have had some colorful experiences as a human. (But he couldn't have done anything too bad -- he's Emmett!)
7. He loves any kind of competition or challenge.
8. He likes to gamble with Jasper.
9. We know that Emmett has a 4.0 like the other Cullens, so he's smart. He may not have been overly educated as a human, but he was not and is not stupid.
10. He was mauled by the bear and Rosalie saved him. He reminded her of her friend's baby, the baby she would never have, and she couldn't let him die.
11. He thought Rosalie was an angel and fell madly in love with her. He will do anything for Rosalie.
12. He loves his family and will do whatever it takes to protect them. He considers Bella a part of the family. He's a great brother.
13. He's straightforward and says exactly what he thinks. He doesn't edit.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

Bronze Haired Girl wrote:
Ok, it's time for the list of Emmett Facts again. I haven't done it on our new boards, but for those of you that were around on the old boards you will probably recognize this.

Facts are in bold.

4. The bear attack happened in 1935 when Emmett was 20 years old. The bear that mauled him must have been a black bear because there are no grizzly bears in the Appalachian Mountains.
6. Since Emmett thought his change was the fires of Hell and he figured he had earned that end, we know that Emmett must have had some colorful experiences as a human. (But he couldn't have done anything too bad -- he's Emmett!)
9. We know that Emmett has a 4.0 like the other Cullens, so he's smart. He may not have been overly educated as a human, but he was not and is not stupid.
10. He was mauled by the bear and Rosalie saved him. He reminded her of her friend's baby, the baby she would never have, and she couldn't let him die.
11. He thought Rosalie was an angel and fell madly in love with her. He will do anything for Rosalie.
12. He loves his family and will do whatever it takes to protect them. He considers Bella a part of the family. He's a great brother.
Thanks, between you and SM website many of my questions are being answered.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

Kachiti wrote:
Bronze Haired Girl wrote:

Facts are in bold.

Thanks, between you and SM website many of my questions are being answered.
yea, same here! thanks! :D
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!