Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Tanya

Post by spicey16 »

Lunna-san wrote:
moon.cherry.twilite wrote:I think Tanya is one of those people who has trouble understanding WHY someone might not be attracted to her. Yeah, a little like Rosalie. But for Rosalie, it came from her beauty, purely. With Tanya...I think she's...I don't know...sexy? In terms of personality and appearance.
Well, the Denali girls are not just vampires, they are succumbus. So, she's used to have things on her way to men. To use them and discard when they get tired of them. I think she had some major plans of taking Edward as her lover for a couple of decades, without too much of a compromise and then move on. I think that's why Edward really never got interested in her. You ladies know Edward, he's all about romance, getting married virgin... :lol:

In BD, I thought she was okay. She knew it was time to back off when Edward introduced Bella as his wife. I like the way Tanya and her sisters are loyal to Carlisle and the Cullens.
i thought to be a succubus you had to sleep with humans. when did they do that?? i must have missed it.
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

spicey16 wrote:
Lunna-san wrote:
moon.cherry.twilite wrote:I think Tanya is one of those people who has trouble understanding WHY someone might not be attracted to her. Yeah, a little like Rosalie. But for Rosalie, it came from her beauty, purely. With Tanya...I think she's...I don't know...sexy? In terms of personality and appearance.
Well, the Denali girls are not just vampires, they are succumbus. So, she's used to have things on her way to men. To use them and discard when they get tired of them. I think she had some major plans of taking Edward as her lover for a couple of decades, without too much of a compromise and then move on. I think that's why Edward really never got interested in her. You ladies know Edward, he's all about romance, getting married virgin... :lol:

In BD, I thought she was okay. She knew it was time to back off when Edward introduced Bella as his wife. I like the way Tanya and her sisters are loyal to Carlisle and the Cullens.
i thought to be a succubus you had to sleep with humans. when did they do that?? i must have missed it.
Tanya and her sisters were the origin of the legend of the succumbus in Middle Ages before they adopted the veggie diet. They used to killed human men when they had sex with them. The Denali Clan is pretty old, especially if you consider that Tanya's mother was raising a vampire child. Edward makes a comment about that when he was trying to convince Tanya's clan about Renesmee.
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

^Strange that Edward asked Carlisle for help when it came to him and Bella. He could have talked to someone with a little more experience...but then again, Edward probably wouldn't want to talk to Tanya about sex.
Anyway...I think it's all in chapter 2 of midnight sun. The stuff about the Denalis being succubuses or succubi or whatever.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

Rosalie_team
Settled in Forks

Post by Rosalie_team »

I like Tanya, she's nice.

She's my Tanya, her name is Tanya Dziahileva
Here is her sister.
http://bp1.blogger.com/_FSwHawaMfKk/SJB ... hileva.jpg
La mia ROSALIE, l'estremo di BELLEZZA
Rosalie_team
Settled in Forks

Post by Rosalie_team »

I like Tanya, she's nice.

She's my Tanya, her name is Tanya Dziahileva
Here is her sister.
http://bp1.blogger.com/_FSwHawaMfKk/SJB ... hileva.jpg
La mia ROSALIE, l'estremo di BELLEZZA
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I thought it was funny when Bella asked Edward about Tanya. He said that she was interested in him, but he showed no interest at all. And then he's like I perfer brunettes.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
Mylove.Mysinger
Settled in Forks

Post by Mylove.Mysinger »

After reading and writing about Tanya being the home-wrecking bee-otch who always interefered with Edward and Bella's love life- or she was Edward's previous lover- I automatically assumed that Tanya would be that kind of vamp: a home-wrecking bee-otch who was trying to interefere in the relationship.

And so, I was pleasantly surprised when Steph turned that around and made Tanya a likeable, non-home-wrecking bee-otch who interefered with the relationship! :D

Tanya, despite her here-and-there appearances, was accepted by me. At least, everytime her name appeared (that is, after meeting the "real" Tanya), I didn't start as huge cursing bout. :lol:

So, in all, I am pleased with her. But in the fanfics, she's back to being a home-wrecking bee-otch who intereferes with the relationship! ;)
Some people want a Digimon. Others want a Pokemon.

Well, heck, I want a DigiPokemon!
EBAJCERE
Settled in Forks

Post by EBAJCERE »

ha ha! i love Tanya. i think she's awesome. in midnight sun, when Edward leaves, he visits Tanya's family and then he is speaking to Tanya and then she is thinking of all the men she's seduced and he's reading her mind and then he teases her and says "Succubus" and she replies "The original" and i just find that SOOO hilarious! :lol:
And i don't know why, but for some reason i picture Scarlett Johanson as Tanya...it's weird. i don't know why, but she might fit the role...
:?
Mara Jade Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Mara Jade Cullen »

Poor Tanya. I felt for her. I think that, while she has fun with the human males, she would have liked Edward to have been more to her than just a conquest. I think she appreciated his finer qualities and how special/different he is.
And being a strwberry blonde myself, I can sympathize with her since he prefers brunettes. Damn. :cry:

But Edward is so old-fashioned and such a gentleman. Rather odd for being a vampire, really. I don't really think it was her appearance that he wasn't attracted to. He knows minds. And in MS you see how he's offended by crass thinking--Jessica's fantasies about him, Mike Newton's fantasies about Bella, the waitress at the Port Angeles restaurant. I"m sure Tanya's mine after centuries of being a seductress isn't terribly attractive to Edward. He joked about her being a succubus, but I would suspect that its a real turn-off for him.
Team Edward
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

EBAJCERE wrote:ha ha! i love Tanya. i think she's awesome. in midnight sun, when Edward leaves, he visits Tanya's family and then he is speaking to Tanya and then she is thinking of all the men she's seduced and he's reading her mind and then he teases her and says "Succubus" and she replies "The original" and i just find that SOOO hilarious! :lol:
And i don't know why, but for some reason i picture Scarlett Johanson as Tanya...it's weird. i don't know why, but she might fit the role...
:?
Well, Scarlett is a bombshell. She could definetely put out a vampire. ;) Yesterday, I watched that film "Stardust" with Claire Daines and she had her hair pale blonde and everytime she showed up in scene it made me think of Kate.

I'm a fanfic writer myself and I always thought of the Denali sisters like he bad girls or as good rivals. Better than Lauren and Jessica. Because this would make a fair fight. They are in their league. And a story needs a conflict.

I'm happy Tanya is not that way. She was nice and stepped out when she realized it was the time. But, again, I would love o see Bella a bit jealous after the whole thing in Eclipse. But this is just me.