Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
glstewart
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Leah Clearwater

Post by glstewart »

waiting tobe dazzled wrote:I pitied Leah. Not only did the man she love leave her but he left her for her cousin. Then she has to go threw a biological nightmare, to where she is having doubts that she is actually female and on top of all of that, she has no choice but to share her innermost thoughts with her ex. Then she has to hear all of his, including his thoughts on Emily and she gets the pleasure of having a group of teenage guys, including her little brother, know all of her dirty laundry. I understand her being a pain in the butt. If I had to live through all of that, I would probably be bringing up some uncomfortable memories too. Come on, the phrase “hell hath no fury like a woman scorned” didn’t come from no where.

Meh. If I were that miserable, I'd do anything to make it go away. Not multiply it. I would have left the pack and gone off to college on the east coast somewhere. As far, far away from the pack as possible.

I do understand her pain, I wouldn't wish all that drama on my worst enemy. But even in BD, her bitterness (even as it's waning) bugs me.
I Want to Believe
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

but would you have acted any better?

i'm not sure she could have left, or that she knew it was an option. remember, she only recently graduated (i think) and then her father died and then she actually became a wolf at the end of eclipse and there's not much time between then and BD so.....

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
glstewart

Post by glstewart »

I was under the impression she's around 20 or so. At the beginning of Twilight, Sam is 19...and she and Sam are the same age, right? Her circumstances are so extreme, but at one time in my life my "Jacob" dumped me, and rather than let the anguish eat me alive, (and make everyone else miserable too) I put as much distance between us as possible. Immediately. I don't care if Emily is her cousin, her own mental/emotional health comes first.
I Want to Believe
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

glstewart wrote: I would have left the pack and gone off to college on the east coast somewhere. As far, far away from the pack as possible.

I do understand her pain, I wouldn't wish all that drama on my worst enemy. But even in BD, her bitterness (even as it's waning) bugs me.
Leah most definitely has reason to be bitter. Giving her sympathy... she definitely deserves it. And I don't think she's able to leave. As holdingoutforjacob said, she just joined the back. Her phasing, keeping her emotions under control, is probably far from perfect at this point, and she enjoys running. Also, I doubt Sam would let her leave the pack. He probably doesn't see her as capable enough to be off on her own like that either. He's the Alpha and she has to obey him. No choice.
Meh. If I were that miserable, I'd do anything to make it go away. Not multiply it.
Tell that to Bella.

It's not Leah's choice to stick around. First he imprints on her cousin— her *best friend*— her sister. Then, they ask her to be a bridesmaid. She puts on a brave face and says yes— now she can't run off or it will ruin everything. She turns into a wolf, now she's stuck there because her phasing is not under control, she's probably extremely confused. Her best source of comfort, Emily, is more a source of sorrow now. Her father dies and there's nothing she can do (SMeyer said he might have died because of the shock of both his children turning into wolves).

So... if you're going to berate *anyone* for being miserable, go yell at Bella. (Although Leah already beat you to it) :lol:
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
everlong
Learning to Love Green

Post by everlong »

Ah Leah
It was so upsetting to know that she had to listen to all Sam's thoughts about Emily, and to know she wasnt wanted. Makes me tear up. I was so happy when Seth Jake and Leah made their own pack, we really got to see the real Leah.
People give Leah too much of a hard time, I would be acting the same way if I was in her situation. I hope there are future books involving her.
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

I think Leah's capable of a lot. She's so much stronger than Bella, and even Jacob in a way. That girl will go places. Theoretically. Unless Stephenie Meyer decides to write about her or something. But you have to give her some credit. She didn't shut down as a person after Sam left her, the way Bella did when Edward was gone. And she didn't decide that she's throw away her life, like Jacob wanted to.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

moon.cherry.twilite wrote:I think Leah's capable of a lot. She's so much stronger than Bella, and even Jacob in a way. That girl will go places. Theoretically. Unless Stephenie Meyer decides to write about her or something.
This is exactly why I feel that Leah's story wasn't complete. She was starting to heal - she didn't give up, but compromised by getting away from Sam, still staying. She was bonding, but then... Jacob imprints on Renesmee. She still stands by him, but we don't know what happened really. I'd like to know what Leah is doing, finish her "happy ending." And that doesn't have to be imprinting, finding a mate, etc. I feel like I didn't get closure with Leah and I learned to like her character through Jacob's POV. More details!!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

but glstewart we know nothing about her until she becomes a wolf. we know she's unhappy, but she's not acting badly on it until we see her as a wolf. which happens to be when she has to listen to all of sam's thoughts about emily and everyone can hear her thoughts.

glstewart

Post by glstewart »

I'll concede the fact that we don't know the Happy Leah. We've only ever seen the Heartbroken, Angry Leah. When we first met her at Billy's spaghetti party, I didn't like her. But now, we know that she had already been given the boot by Sam, in favor of her cousin. You're right, that's got to put a knot in anybody's personality. I suppose I'll make an effort to give her the benefit of the doubt, and assume there's a kind, loving person hiding underneath all that raw, naked anger. I was thinking about all that anger this morning, and I decided that Jacob forming his own pack was a gift from heaven for Leah. Yes, it allowed her to finally get away from Sam and let her own healing begin. Having Jacob's friendship was also a godsend, because she finally had a chance to speak privately to someone about all that she's dealing with.

I don't think she ever thought of Jake as a potential SO, she's still too in love with Sam. And SM specifically stated that they would never be more than good friends.
I Want to Believe
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

i'll admit i didn't like her before BD. but after eclipse was over, i really couldn't hate her, especially when we saw how hard it was for her to be in the pack. i think that she was giving what she was getting to be honest. i think being away from sam did her good. a lot of good. you can see that although she's still bitter, as soon as she's with jacob and away from sam, she's able to move past that a little bit almost immediately, and we soon see her become a caring, wonderful friend. ironically, that's evident when leah yells at bella (was i the only one who was cheering her on??)