Completely Dazzled!

Re: Bella Swan Cullen #2

Post by Amethyst1 »

delete
amethyst
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by amethyst »

Yes . . . but, that's not who Rosalie is . . . I find Rosalie to be much more complex than Bella. Bella, although a generally well-rounded character (well she is the protagonist) has a flat perception to her character because everything she says and does is expectant - she doesn’t own a surprising element in her conducts. For instance, she’s a martyr - you can count that she will try to pull of the “I am so selfless, I’ll die for my family” in an always naïve way. Whilst Rosalie is just more abstruse in the way she comprehends her thoughts and I love that.

For discussion sake . . . Rosalie, in my eyes (although trés vainteux and unreasonably conceited at times) is a much better person in terms of overall persona. There’s something about her extreme loyalty, loving nature, comprehensive complexity . . . that is well good. People confuse her with some nefarious agenda that i've yet to actually read about. Although I like Bella, i've seen more of her bad than good *cougheclipsecough . . .*
"I never would have banished him from her society as long as she desired his. . . . . But, till then--if you don't believe me, you don't know me--till then, I would have died by inches before I touched a single hair of his head!"
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

To ME, that is who Rosalie is. However, I do see your point and understand where you're coming from. I've had a similar conversation on the Rosalie board and have come to understand why some people don't think she's all bad, but I don't agree. I never saw her as particularly loyal. She certainly wasn't that loyal to Edward or Alice. I'm sure she would have been loyal to Emmet, but we never really saw an instance where Emmet needed her to stick up for him or fight for him. She did have some semblance of loyalty to the Cullen family as a whole because she fought with them. I definitely don't see her as an extremely loving character. There's no doubt that she loves Emmet, but I think she loves herself more. Again, her actions did not make it seem as though she loved Edward as a brother. I think she cared for Esme and Carlisle, but I never saw her act especially loving. She gets jealous of everyone. She was jealous of her best friend as a human, jealous of Carlisle and Esme's favoritism of Edward, jealous of Alice's relationship with Bella, etc.

As far as Bella, I definitely agree. I never saw her as a particularly selfless person. She had her moments but she also had insanely selfish moments (most of Eclipse). I think Alice is the kindest and most selfless character
gypsyeyes112
Settled in Forks

Post by gypsyeyes112 »

well...ok,i have a lot of things to say,lol. at first i didn't like the idea of bella and jacob falling in love with each other, i thought jacob was messing up the bella/edward thing. But after i thought about it...bella has known jacob since childhood, and both of them would be the classic relationship of two best friends realizing there feelings for each other and taking a chance to experience something more together (become a couple). I think that jacob may have fell in love with bella while still human,and when he turned into a werewolf his wolf instincts or whatever helped him realize his true feelings for her( maybe the fact that jacob possibly loved bella before turning into a werewolf is the reason he couldn't imprint on her), and he for some reason knew bella loved him back and tried to break her and edward up. I do wonder how jacob woud react if he knew the only reason bella flirted with him at the campsite was to get information on edward,hmmmm? Would jacob still pursue her? If jacob and bella did become a couple, i think jacob would be too controling/greedy/possessive of bella, and i don't think he would have as much time to spend with her (unlike edward does) because he wouldn't have become an alpha and would have a lot of wolf things to do, and he kept breaking his promise to stop calling edward,etc. bloosuckers, in a way he kinda acted like he was a better choice for bella, i think he kinda made bella fall in love with him, and tried to convince her to be with him instead of the bloodsuckers. I think the only reason bella fell for jacob because edward left is because when edward did leave jacob saw his chance to move in and try to comfort bella (and slowly over time if edward hadn't come back jacob knew he would get bella all to himself), and what does every girl do when her boyfriend leaves? Find the next available guy, no im not calling bella a slut, im just calling jacob the re-boud guy. Jacob kinda acted like he was the only guy bella was to be with, sure edward was way overprotective at first but eventually he would've done anything to make bella happy even letting her be with someone other than him, now would jacob ever do something like that for bella? No, i don't think so. I'm more in favor of bella/edward than bella/jacob...i just think bella and edward's relationship would work out more.
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

[quote="Jazz Girl]Quesiton Time:
Rosealie and Bella seem to have made a truce of sorts in BD. In fact, there are times it snaps my teeth together because, IMO, Rose downright interferes with Edward and his attempts to help Bella in BD. How does Bella's relationship with Rose progress from there? Do they remain close? Or, now that the common goal of getting Renesmee born is gone, do they go back to their civil siblingry of before?
[/color][/quote]

Maybe, like others said, something in between. i really don't see Rosalie and Bella as great, close friends. They don't have much in common. It's like the Prom Queen and the book worm. It's a weird mixture.

I believe Rosalie will slow down a bit with the mean comments in the future. What is the point, anyway? Bella is already a vampire. Plus, she has a child that Rosalie adores. Maybe she'd stop the hostilities not because of Bella, but because of Renesmee. Renesmee loves her mother dearly and she's strong opinions about what she wants and what she likes. And if Rosalie starts being nasty with Bella, Renesmee with turn her back to her. Rosalie is not stupid.
amethyst
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by amethyst »

eclipserox . . . you say “but I think she loves herself more” - that fact would only be true if Rosalie believed it herself. But she doesn’t. That, and her actions don’t necessarily say the same either. While I understand where you’re coming from . . . That the way her character reads to you makes it problematic to find her admirable and or acceptable? Believe it or not, I am on the same boat with you in regards to another character so I can actually relate.

One of the reasons I appreciate Rosalie so much is because almost always the basis to her motivations are altruistic and sympathetic and that’s an attribute that I favour greatly opposed to the action itself, and also the fact how her past shaped her and the mutual warrant of it. Despite some of her unfavourable attributes, I can find more good in her than I find bad and certainly more beauty inside than I find outside. She has the same difficultly to live with who she is like Edward and the same abstruse complexity that I love.

I would love to reply to some of your other points eclipserox, it rather difficult with this being the "Bella Swan" thread. I don't want to sway and or go off topic. ;)
"I never would have banished him from her society as long as she desired his. . . . . But, till then--if you don't believe me, you don't know me--till then, I would have died by inches before I touched a single hair of his head!"
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Ahhh, Jazz Girl, now I get your reference...
The Delajio?
I humbly apologize. :oops: ;)
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

SenorGimp wrote:Ahhh, Jazz Girl, now I get your reference...
The Delajio?
I humbly apologize. :oops: ;)
SenorGimp, you guess correctly.
Here is your cookie, and your question.

We've talked about Bella's best & worst qualities, and what makes them such. But, what about her best and worst moments? What is your favorite and/or most hated Bella moment in the saga?
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

That's a good question, off the top of my head I'd have to say it was the moments when she did something martyring and stupid without fully thinking it through. It was wrong not to tell Carlisle that the morphine wasn't working, even if she plans to. If she had talked to Alice before running off to James, Jasper and Alice could have killed him without any trouble. I don't feel like going in-depth with my explanation, so I won't.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Worst Bella moment:
Idiotically running off to die at James hands, rather than waiting for her much more capable soon to be family-in-law and letting them in on the situation, which would have saved everyone from a lot of grief.
Best Bella moment:
Her steadfast stance on keeping Renesmee! I've never like Bella more than when she assumed the role of Mother Hen, and refused to be swayed in regards to the health and safety of her little nudger.
Also, her amazing sudden control of her shield in the Bloodlust chapter in Breaking Dawn!
Go Bella, you bad @$$ you!! :D
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp