Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
elisemusta
Wandering Through Town

Re: Jacob Black #2

Post by elisemusta »

Yes, I have read Potters and love them!
Just that is why I can see Jacob as the Aplha and a very good one. I don't think he would be ready for it yet, but maybe later, much later when he has had time for heal from everything what happened. I don't know, maybe it is only that I would so much like to see him there. I think he deserves so much more that the "happy end" SM wrote for him. I see so much potential in him. I think it is wasting to throw it away.
Not bad for a prison break, eh?
Angelvamp
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Angelvamp »

elisemusta wrote:Right, he didn't want it at that time. But I think he was starting to take the first steps for accepting that. He permitted Edward change Bella as Ephraims heir. And he took good care of his pack. I think he could have been able to accept that role later if there were not Nessie. But now everything seems to whirl around Cullens and of cource Bella can't lose her daughter and best friend so I can't see that happen for Jacob anymore.
Wow, I didn't even factor Bella's opinion in all this. Of course she wouldn't want to let go of her daughter or best friend, and from what we've seen of Bella she always gets what she wants. Even at the expense of others.

But I think there is a potential for Jacob to take over as Alpha for the pack. Sam won't want to age when Emily hits a certain point, he will want to stop aging so he can die when she does. Renesmee won't age, so there's no stopping Jacob from maintaining the pack indefinitely. As far as I am concerned, he has proven himself worthy to lead with his decisions in BD. And as far as him "wanting" the role, sometimes the people that are most worthy of leadership are the ones that don't want it. I can totally see it happening, I don't think that future is out of the question for Jacob.
"Life is pain...anyone who tells you different is selling something."
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Jacob can't stay Alpha BECAUSE he doesn't age. The only Quileutes privileged to the werewolf secret are the ones directly involved with the current werewolves. If Jake was around forever then it would kinda be a dead giveaway.
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

I wonder what drove the Quileute elders to conceal the werewolves' existence . . . because obviously, the whole tribe knew about it in earlier days. Why was this secret guarded from even their own tribe members?
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I think it's difficult to get an idea on the actual side of the Quileute tribe-- I wondered so I looked it up and there are currently 750 Quileutes in La Push.... that's a lot of people to keep their traps shut, especially the kids.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Last edited by ringswraith on Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

On reflection, I think it must have been for protection. Imagine what "scientists" would do if they were aware of actual transformations from human to animal! In former years, the supernatural was more accepted as the natural order of things.

BTW, I agree that if Jacob stayed around La Push with Renesmee he would have made an excellent Alpha--assuming Sam decided to stop phasing and grow old with Emily. Maturity would cure a lot of Jacob's reluctance to accept that responsibility, and as Leah said, he was a leader worth following. However, it might be a little odd for the Forks community to see Jacob and Renesmee year after year, unchanged. Eventually they'd have to move for a while . . . and avoid getting their pictures taken!
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

If they move and come back it's doable. Like the Cullens did. Or he can be the Alpha from afar, if he is in the general area. Only the actual pack needs to know about him, and since they're all sworn not to tell once they transform by the Alpha, they can't expose him.

P.S. Glad you're back, Esme Echo.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

Thank you, HOFJ! I just realized from your post that Jacob could lead the pack from anywhere . . . they never found a distance problem with communication; but I'd bet that he couldn't stand to be far away if his pack was in difficulties--fighting stray vampires, etc. It would kill him not to be there with his brothers, sharing their danger (and fun!).
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

I suppose he could return for short lengths of time, visit Billy and the people who "know" and then hightail it out of there again. He can keep visiting consistently without questions probably until he should be in his early 30's.

Wait, okay, we're forgetting something. The Cullens can't stay much longer right?? And once they leave, the next generation of Quileutes will not transform. So if the rest of Jacob's pack stays with him, their kids will be the only ones transforming, and therefore the pack will be with Jacob anyway. By the time the Cullens can return to Forks, everyone who knew Jacob or of Jacob will be long gone. Any family members who have pictures or whatever and can see resemblance, he can just claim to be Jacob's son or grandson.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...