Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Bella Swan Cullen #3

Post by diane771 »

Prove that those" human girls ain't got nothin on us vampires". :lol: Its what they do when the boys take a hunting trip. The boys playing in the woods and the girls play on the dance floor, well Alice is trying to teach Bella how to dance, Bella asked her so they are driving to LA for the weekend.
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

diane771 wrote:Prove that those" human girls ain't got nothin on us vampires". :lol: Its what they do when the boys take a hunting trip. The boys playing in the woods and the girls play on the dance floor, well Alice is trying to teach Bella how to dance, Bella asked her so they are driving to LA for the weekend.
Ok, Sunset Strip, A place I know well from my youth...mis-guide that is...I bet they come back with red eye's...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Sorry to be the killjoy of this group, but Bella hates to be the center of attention, and even as a super graceful and lithe vampire, I highly doubt she's gonna drop it down low at some club. Rose and Alice might be all about the party, but Bella is a homebody. She'd much rather be at home tucked up against Edward watching Ness play in the meadow or reading a book nestled into the chest of her husband. Even when the boys are off hunting, Bella might go for a little girls sleep over party. But, there is no way she's out shaking what Edward gave her.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I posted this in the Denali Coven thread but I don't think it's very active because no one replied :) Question: In rereading Breaking Dawn I noticed that Bella was immune to Kate's electric touch. I thought her power only blocked mental powers unless I misunderstood and it is somehow mental? I don't see how though. Any insights?
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

We talked about this didn't we? I think if you look a few pages back, maybe more than a few, you'll find that it's been discussed, and you'll find your answer (hopefully)!!! Then again, it could have been another question, but I know we discussed Kate a while ago.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Amanda Beth~ HofJ recalls correctly. But, just so you don't have to go looking to find it, the overwhelming conclusion is that Kate's power works much like Jane's. She only creates the illusion of a spark in the person's mind, not an actual electric current. There is no actual physical effect. Thus, Bella is immune and the others are not.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

Jazz Girl wrote:Sorry to be the killjoy of this group, but Bella hates to be the center of attention, and even as a super graceful and lithe vampire, I highly doubt she's gonna drop it down low at some club. Rose and Alice might be all about the party, but Bella is a homebody. She'd much rather be at home tucked up against Edward watching Ness play in the meadow or reading a book nestled into the chest of her husband. Even when the boys are off hunting, Bella might go for a little girls sleep over party. But, there is no way she's out shaking what Edward gave her.
Well it's is a fantasy story right...Now that kitty has claws she might just grow a bit more wild too. You know those quiet girls are the ones that go wild when they are given a chance...see Jessica from Trueblood as the example there...Besides if Edward gets his distraction so does Bella right? Fairs, fair...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Jazz Girl wrote:Amanda Beth~ HofJ recalls correctly. But, just so you don't have to go looking to find it, the overwhelming conclusion is that Kate's power works much like Jane's. She only creates the illusion of a spark in the person's mind, not an actual electric current. There is no actual physical effect. Thus, Bella is immune and the others are not.
Thanks guys... I used the search function but nothing relevant came up so I must have just over looked it :)
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

The Dark Knight wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:Sorry to be the killjoy of this group, but Bella hates to be the center of attention, and even as a super graceful and lithe vampire, I highly doubt she's gonna drop it down low at some club. Rose and Alice might be all about the party, but Bella is a homebody. She'd much rather be at home tucked up against Edward watching Ness play in the meadow or reading a book nestled into the chest of her husband. Even when the boys are off hunting, Bella might go for a little girls sleep over party. But, there is no way she's out shaking what Edward gave her.
Well it's is a fantasy story right...Now that kitty has claws she might just grow a bit more wild too. You know those quiet girls are the ones that go wild when they are given a chance...see Jessica from Trueblood as the example there...Besides if Edward gets his distraction so does Bella right? Fairs, fair...
Yes, it's a fantasy but not a fairy tale. I guess in looking at the characters within the story, I just can't make myself put them that far away from the reality of their personalities. Like I said, there isn't another out there who will ever turn Edward's eyes or heart from Bella. And, there's just no way Bella is going to devolve into some wild child Paris Hilton wannabe.

Now, if you're talking fanfiction, that's a whole other story. But, within the confines of the TwiVerse and canon, then, nope, just cannot go there. They will have their issues to be sure. Bella might get a little jealous sometimes in cases where maybe they meet other old friends or other vamps. But, Edward's numbe rone distraction from now on is his wife. So, I am sure he'll do everything needed and more to soothe that savage beast.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

I would have to agree with Jazz Girl... it's why I have a hard time reading OOC fanfics. In my fanfic I do have Bella coming out of her shell and acting more matriarchal... I mean by the end of BD she was taking more of a leadership role in the family. She had more guts by the end.