A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Chapter 5 ~ Blood Type

Post by I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?
No.I don't like needles but i don't mind blood at all.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
No.To be honest i didn't feel that she was in anydanger.I mean why would Edward just go "Okay,here's you rchance lets take out Bella while we're alone."I mean i think that Edward showed for the first time in that book that he really cared for Bella by. Number One:Telling Mike Newton to butt out. Number Two:He resiste the temptation of jumping out at Bella when he could have easily snapped.Mind Over Matter.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
I agree with Edward on that one.Why? Because she seems so mature in the way she acts around Edward and she really trusts him.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
I think that this chapter has the purpose of making sure that we know that Edward is giving up on being angry with Bella and that he loves her.
I.WANT.TO.BE.ALICE is my Twi-Twin!
Rain.........Depressing. :D
Avatar and Signature made by me.
4everklutzy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by 4everklutzy »

Not really. I can smell blood--it's like saline to me--but it doesn't make me feel faint. It's ironic that Bella is so squeamish about blood when Edward is a vampire.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that there was blood around might endanger her?
Actually, no I wasn't concerned--she wasn't bleeding and I don't think Edward would take the chance of "taking her out" at school. I actually liked how gallant he was behaving and how he put Mike in his place.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
I agree to a certain extent--Bella is very mature for her years--she had to be the parent to Renee--but Bella still has some self-esteem issues like many 17yr. olds.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
I really liked the change--he starts to let more of his real self show. I think it's because he's come to a decision about Bella. It was really great to read about this from his point of view in Midnight Sun! :D
Jazzy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Vancouver, BC (Where New Moon is being filmed YEAH!!)

Post by Jazzy »

No. I had thyroid disease when I was young, so I was used to going to the hospital regularly and them getting blood out of me for tests. I was so used to it I would watch the procedure and see my blood go into vials.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?

Not at all. I knew Edward would protect her.

I agree. She has her teenager moments, being annoyed easily and having a temper. But she is more mature than the average junior.

I loved how he was so humorous and playful. I loved every time he snickered when he heard other people (At this point I did not know he could read minds, just thought he had super hearing)
Team Edward: Cos I love stupid shiny Volvo owners

Private Nichole Silver of Team PG - Jasper's Confederate Army Second Rank
readmymind
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by readmymind »

LOL. Not a bit. We lived by a vet or a farm when I was little and I'd watch them give the cows shots or brand them or whatever was going on. Anyways, the cows bled and I was fine. Also, I was three, that's why I have no clue what they were doing.

No, I was happy for her and him.

Yes. She does seem older.

He became nicer. I guess saving someone from a blue van does that to you. LOL.
Last edited by readmymind on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen
lauren00
Wandering Through Town

Post by lauren00 »

text 1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?
sometimes, when dealing with shots, etc. , yes but accidents, no.

text 2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her? no not afraid. yes, because in the future of the other books she dreams of the volturi, and just yes.

text3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment? i disagree, i think she just right to be a junior

text 4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?he actually cares that she is hurt (or passed out) by seeing the sight of blood.
Hawaii214
Wandering Through Town

Post by Hawaii214 »

Not my blood, only when someone elses blood gets on me. :|

I thought it was nice and sweet that he picked her up and took her to the nurse. No danger what so ever. :)

I agree that shes much more mature then a junior, probably why she tottaly fits as a vampire type. ;)

I thought he knew he couldnt stay away from Bella, but still scared to tell her the truth about him. :|
"Death, that hath Sucked the Honey from thy Breath, hath had no Power yet upon thy Beauty"-Edward Cullen
"Enjoying the Bouquet, while Resisting the Wine"-Edward Cullen
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

Yes, and no. I don't get freaked out over blood, exactly, but when there's a lot of it, that's when the queasiness hits me.

No, I wasn't afraid for her at all. It was only 5 chapters into the book. Nothing major could have happened.

She doesn't seem like she's not a junior in high school. She's just generally a quiet and reserved person. That's just her personality.

He seems a little bit more...light. I don't really know how else to describe it. He seems more human in this chapter to me.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
CarissaCullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by CarissaCullen »

No. Blood doesn't bother me at all

Not at all, he seemed so in control of everything that there was no way anything bad could happen, plus like someone else said, it was only 5 chapters into the book

hmm.. in a way. Belle reminds me of myself because she is quiet and reserved and sarcastic, lol. and fairly mature. So, in some ways it does make her seem older than a Junior, some ways she's just a teenager

Edward is much more human in this chapter, but at the same time he is letting down his guard and showing more vampire characteristics.
"Between the pain and nothing, I chose nothing"
scarlet_forever
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by scarlet_forever »

Def. not!! I work as a nurse and draw blood throughout the day and change wounds. Sounds gross..guess I'd be good as vampire then huh? lol ;)

No, I wasn't afraid. I thought it was cute...he came to the rescue! I don't think anything would have happened w/ all the bloody fingers around...now that being said if it was Bella's blood who knows what could have went down, but I beleive we all know Edward would hold back.

Yes, I agree. She pretty much took care of her mom and now she has been cooking for her dad and everything. She does the grocery shopping and her own clothes. She fends for herself alot of times.

He seems more caring and really wants to protect her.
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
jesscaa
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by jesscaa »

Yes I do lets just say blood isn't my favorit thing in the world. I'm not quite as bad as her around blood though.

I didn't think that at all. To be honest I was like yay edward to the rescue! :D

I agree she seems more mature in her actions and thoughts. She's very self-sufficient.

It shows that he's giving up on avoiding her and that he really does care about her.
Jasper's Confederate Army-Delilah Devon. Recovering patient at Carlisle's Medical Center. Sarah is my Twi-twin!