A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
amandaxcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 4 ~ Invitations

Post by amandaxcullen »

1. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends". Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her?
Being the new girl I think that it would've been awkward, plus I figured she had two left feet.

2. Bella asks Edward if he has multiple personality disorder because he either seems to be overly friendly or sarcastic moments apart. To what did you attribute Edward's odd behavior?
I don't know.
Team Jacob!
Because a space heater has more potential than a rock.
Galinda
Settled in Forks

Post by Galinda »

1. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends". Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her?
I just think that Bella thinks that she can't really dance because of her balance problems and doesn't want to try it. And for the boys: She never seemed to be this kind of girl who just falls in love with a guy who crosses the street in front of her. I think when you move into a new town and go to a new school there are other things you concentrate on.

2. Bella asks Edward if he has multiple personality disorder because he either seems to be overly friendly or sarcastic moments apart. To what did you attribute Edward's odd behavior?
I thought that he would have his reasons but I never thought about what these reasons might be.
The key to being beautiful is to hang around with really ugly people.
LizCA217
Settled in Forks

Post by LizCA217 »

Because she can't dance! I don't think she's into public humiliation or drawing attention to herself.

I thought it had to do with his hunger.
littlenudger
Settled in Forks

Post by littlenudger »

I think that Bella is just the type of girl who is appalled by dances. She does not seem like the girl who even if you have the best guy friend in the world, to go to a dance. i think that the boys just seem ordinary to her, and it took a man like edward to tickle her fancy.

before i read "the book that we can't talk about but we have all read it anyway" i thought that he was just being a boy and testing her out. That he was testing the waters with her. I also think that he was just being a boy and acting strange.
E<3B
Alice Cullen Quirkier than you since 1901
Yes, because a vampire slumber party is the pinnacle of safety conscious behavior.
Muse<3
Settled in Forks

Post by Muse<3 »

I think that Bella didn't want any attention of any sorts. And when the boys were falling all over her, it kinda scared her off. Plus she seemed to be more of the conservative person anyways. And then When she sees Edward she is instintly attracted(kinda) so she didn't really want to go with anyone else. Plus overall she can't dance so its pointless for her to go.

ummm..... idk I just thought it had something to do with he was confused if he was in love with her because she was human, or if he was just... wierd (like not wird but it was a vampire thing. I don't think I thought to much about it, I didn't really know
Because Charlie's at the funeral
I'm sorry you have missed him, leave your number at the tone
and he'll get back to you
<3
iluvuedward
Settled in Forks

Post by iluvuedward »

Because she saw Edward! I think... :?:

That he had double multiple personality disorder. I know, I'm a shocker. :o
t_feva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by t_feva »

i think she didnt want to go to the dance because she cant dance and doesnt like to.

his conscience of whats right and wrong.
teamtaycob.webs.com
twitter.com/tfeva1
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

Because she's shy and doesn't like to dance. Since she didn't really like any of the boys that asked her, it probably just didn't seem worth the effort of feeling uncomfortable all evening just to please them. The reason why she didn't like any of them was because of Edward's presence, I think. Compared to Edward none of the boys appealed to her.

I thought it had something to do with the vampire thing. Didn't know what exactly and didn't give it a lot of thought either.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
Riddalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Riddalyn »

Well, I think that she is half way honest about not wanting to go just so she doesn't have to dance. I think Bella was always meant to be with something... different, and that's why she isn't attracted to the other boys at school. Something else that wasn't your average teenage boy. Even in Phoenix, she didn't date anybody. I think she was destined (hehe destiny is so funny) to be with someone not average, not human.

I, personally, loved the fact that he was always changing his personality. But I attributed it to him being unable to make up his mind.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
Chocolatebrowneyes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chocolatebrowneyes »

Well, I kinda figured that she was really into Edward and next to him regular boys have kind of lost their appeal.

I figured he liked her and was hiding the fact he was a vampire from her, he acted like a 2nd grader pulling a girl's pigtails sometimes though it ticked me off so much! I was like "Your a vampire be Suave or something!" :lol:
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me,I wanted to say. I've tried.
Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Keep it light.

ImageImageImageImage