A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Riddalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 23 ~ The Angel

Post by Riddalyn »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place?
I guessed what was going on. Oh, and it broke my heart. To hear Edward sobbing... erg... :'(

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation?
I half did and half didn't. Okay, like, 60-40. I guess at the time it made the most amount of sense... like it always did... for him to change her. But Edward is so damn stubborn that I guess a part of me (probably of all of us) knew he wouldn't.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
dazzleme
Buying a Better Raincoat
Location: At school, watching that pale guy with red brown hair... does he sparkle?

Post by dazzleme »

1. Ya, I kinda got that Bella couldn't open her eyes cuz in the chapter before she was passing out. But, at first I did not think it was cuz she was in pain.

2. NO! I knew that there was no way Bella would get turned into a vampire in Twilight. I could kinda guess that Edward would be against any future like that.

Oh, and did anyone else understand that at first, they didn't know Bella had been bitten? They figured it out when she screamed that her hand was on fire. A lot of my friends didn't realize that.
Do I dazzle you?
Frequently.

E <3 B
E <3 ME!!!!!

Taylor Lautner-From shark to wolf
http://www.fanfiction.net/secure/story/ ... chapter=1/DONT ANSWER Q ON CHAP2
Chocolatebrowneyes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chocolatebrowneyes »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place?

I did kinda put it together yeah...

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation?

No, he would doeverything to keep her human, because he really loves her and wants her to have everything.
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me,I wanted to say. I've tried.
Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Keep it light.

ImageImageImageImage
Elisabeth33

Post by Elisabeth33 »

I knew what was going on, except for when she James bit her and then she was screaming about her hand.

No, he was so intent on her not getting any ideas I didn't think he'd given in so easily.
Forever_Twilight
Wandering Through Town
Location: Running as fast as I can with Edward and the Cullens on a cloudy day in Arizona

Post by Forever_Twilight »

Though I had to read slowly to catch everything, I understood what was happening. It gave me chills just picturing the entire scene!!

Well, yeah, who didn't? She was dying and, from Carlisle's example, Edward would help Bella's life by turning her into a vampire.
<3 I've been Vamped by Edward Cullen ~ Followed by Emmett and Jasper <3
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

No I focused and reread to make sure I understood everything that was going on.

Well James had given Edward that option by biting Bella. But Edward didn't want that life for Bella he felt guilty that she was in this situation because of him, and he thought that she would resent him if she was turned because of this situation.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place? Honestly, I thought she was dead and the "angel" she spoke of was a real angel and when it said "No! Carlisle!" that the angel feared Carlisle would take her back and make her a vampire. Then I realized reading it a second time that the angel was Edward.

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation? Not when there was an option of sucking the venom out.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
natterss707

Post by natterss707 »

I think for the most part everything was pretty clear to me. But at the same time I wondered if I was right. I'm glad it was cleared up.

Umm.. that's a good question. It's hard for me to say. I think that if it were a matter of life and death I would want him to change her. But I don't know if he actually would. Hmm..
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

I didn't get all of it at once. It took some time before I realized exactly what was going on.

I thought he'd eventually change Bella but not at that moment. He was too 'anti-changing-Bella' at that moment.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-nope, i didnt have to wonder what was happening, because i understood what was happening.

-well, i hoped he would be changing her, because of the situtation, but i think i knew deep down it was just too easy.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight