A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 20 ~ Impatience

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

1. Alice tells Bella that the family will do what it takes to protect her because no one wants to look at Edward for the next century should Bella die. How do you feel about this line now that you have read New Moon and know exactly how Edward would react were Bella ever to die?
I think that statement was fair and true. We know what Edward would do, and even if Bella were to die, she wouldnt want Edward to go off to Italy because he will also hurt his family in the process.

2. Jasper talks more in this chapter than any other chapter. What things do we learn about his character from the way he reacts to Bella? Were you ever afraid of him during this chapter?
He has a hard time dealing with being around people who smell so nice. But he is learning to adjust really well. He still does stay away from Bella I think. I wasnt afraid of him. I never have been.

3. This is the first time we learn that the vampires are venomous. What was your reaction to this news and did it make you think twice about the fact that Edward had kissed Bella?
Now that I think about it. Its kind of weird how he can kiss her..and not give her a lot of venom. Maybe thats why he doesn't want to do anything else, or go too far with her.

4. Why do you suppose Edward has been so adamant about not telling Bella how someone becomes a vampire?
He probably doesnt want her to get any ideas.

5. Alice has a vision of the dance studio and the proceeds to question Bella about any reasons why she might go there. It seems to me that Alice saw Bella at the studio. Why didn't Alice clear this up for Bella by explaining to her that she shouldn't go to the studio?
She probably didnt think that Bella would actually go there. Maybe if Alice told Bella thats she saw Bella going to the studio that she might want to go. But it would have been useless for Alice to tell Bella that she shouldnt go.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
Riddalyn

Post by Riddalyn »

1. Alice tells Bella that the family will do what it takes to protect her because no one wants to look at Edward for the next century should Bella die. How do you feel about this line now that you have read New Moon and know exactly how Edward would react were Bella ever to die?
Oh, God. I... don't know. I guess I feel so much gratitude toward Alice for painting that picture for Bella. She knew exactly what would happen if Bella were to die, and she told her. It's exactly what Bella needed to hear.

2. Jasper talks more in this chapter than any other chapter. What things do we learn about his character from the way he reacts to Bella? Were you ever afraid of him during this chapter?
I was never, ever afraid of Jasper. I admired him for his strength. We knew it was hard for him, but he stuck it out anyway.

3. This is the first time we learn that the vampires are venomous. What was your reaction to this news and did it make you think twice about the fact that Edward had kissed Bella?
I never thought twice about Edward and Bella kissing... I guess I never worried about it so much, because Edward didn't.

4. Why do you suppose Edward has been so adamant about not telling Bella how someone becomes a vampire?
Either he doesn't want to scare her away, or he doesn't want her to get any bright ideas. Or maybe a little bit of both.

5. Alice has a vision of the dance studio and the proceeds to question Bella about any reasons why she might go there. It seems to me that Alice saw Bella at the studio. Why didn't Alice clear this up for Bella by explaining to her that she shouldn't go to the studio?
I was just talking about this the other day.
My only guess is that, if Alice saw Bella at the studio, that she knew that it was what Bella thought she needed to do. I don't know why she would let her go, though... I guess she probably knew that they would get there in time and she wouldn't die. Maybe she knew all that, but didn't really know how close they were cutting it? Or... maybe she really missed it. I don't know. :(
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
Chocolatebrowneyes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chocolatebrowneyes »

I'm thinking that maybe Edward hadn't fully thought about what he would do if Bella were dead or else Alice would've known he wouldn't live without her, not that she downplayed his feelings for Bella at all, I think she knew that his heart would be broken and it would definitly be a bad thing but not the full extent.

I fell in love with Jasper in this chapter he's so kind and gentle it seems, very devoted to his "family" and no I wasn't afraid at all.

I was like oh but I think Venom needs to be injected into your bloodstream and I don't think he was ever that rough kissing her (except maybe in BD)

I'm with everyone else on this one...so she wouldn't get any ideas.

Not sure... :?
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me,I wanted to say. I've tried.
Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Keep it light.

ImageImageImageImage
Elisabeth33

Post by Elisabeth33 »

That upsets me even more now that I know about New Moon. I can feel my face crumple and my stomach is sooooooo sick, because I know that's the next thing I'll be reading about.

He's got good self control and is very gentle with her. No, I trusted him not to do anything and Alice to keep him in line.

I didn't think anything of it.

So she wouldn't get any ideas about becoming a vampire, since she's in such danger all the time.

This one still confuses me too.
Forever_Twilight
Wandering Through Town
Location: Running as fast as I can with Edward and the Cullens on a cloudy day in Arizona

Post by Forever_Twilight »

It really was the truth. Both of them (Edward and Bella) couldn't possibly live without the other and that just proved that they belonged together, forever. <3

He's like the Emmett in this situation. He's trying everything he can to protect both his love, Alice, and his brother's, Bella. Though he was tempted by Bella's blood, I believe that the feelings Edward had for Bella kept him in power of protecting her. What an awesome bro. XD

It didn't bother me so much. They said if a vampire bites you, the venom would go into your bloodstream, not kissing. I believed Edward wouldn't have kissed Bella several times if that were the case. =o

Since he knew how curious and adventurous Bella was, he didn't want to pursue her into trying to become like him. All he cared about was letting Bella live her life as a human and not to choose her path as a vampire then regret it later.

Bella didn't have any thoughts of going to the studio. Alice can only see things as they are chosen so there would be no way to warn Bella. If she told Alice and Jasper that she had no thoughts of going there, then the future wouldn't be made yet.
<3 I've been Vamped by Edward Cullen ~ Followed by Emmett and Jasper <3
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

I think that they knew that Edward would do anything to keep Bella safe even if it meant that he couldn't be with her, and this would hurt him more than dying because it would torture him for the rest of his existence.

It shows that he does care about Bella, and how much he loves Alice and would do anything for her. I was never afraid of him, I know it's hard for him but he understands that he would loose more than he would gain if he hurt Bella. Jasper is a sweetheart he just show's it to Alice Lucky girl!

I was surprised a little but I figured there had to be something that changed them not just the fact that they were bitten. I didn't think about Bella kissing Edward like I said before Edward wouldn't do it if he knew that he would poison Bella. And even if that was the case I wouldn't care give me some Edward please :oops: .

Because he knows that Bella loves him and would consider becoming a vampire just to be with him and he doesn't want that for her.

Bella hadn't made up her mind to go there yet because she didn't know about James plan, But James already had a plan so I think that she could only see James future not Bella's since she hadn't made that decision yet.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. Alice tells Bella that the family will do what it takes to protect her because no one wants to look at Edward for the next century should Bella die. How do you feel about this line now that you have read New Moon and know exactly how Edward would react were Bella ever to die? It's more true than ever.

2. Jasper talks more in this chapter than any other chapter. What things do we learn about his character from the way he reacts to Bella? Were you ever afraid of him during this chapter? I was never afraid of him and we learned his more stragetic side.

3. This is the first time we learn that the vampires are venomous. What was your reaction to this news and did it make you think twice about the fact that Edward had kissed Bella? I didn't even register that, actually.

4. Why do you suppose Edward has been so adamant about not telling Bella how someone becomes a vampire? He doesn't want her to be one.

5. Alice has a vision of the dance studio and the proceeds to question Bella about any reasons why she might go there. It seems to me that Alice saw Bella at the studio. Why didn't Alice clear this up for Bella by explaining to her that she shouldn't go to the studio? She didn't want to compel her to be there, maybe? I don't know I've never thought about that.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
natterss707

Post by natterss707 »

I'm glad that Edward has such a great family and it's definitely understandable. Everyone could not imagine what it would be like to lose their soul mate.

No I was not afraid of him and I thought he was great, very helpful! I really like him.

I didn't think that anything would really happen. If he thought something was dangerous, then he wouldn't do it.

He wants her to be aware because he doesn't want that kind of life for her.

She probably didn't think she would really get out of her sight. Also, Bella didn't have a reason to go there yet so it was really James' future she didn't wanna provoke it? Idk.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

I thought it was very true. Since Edward actually tried to get himself killed after he thought Bella had died, that means that Bella's death would really affect him in the most horrible way.

I wasn't afraid of him during this chapter, no. I thought he handled the situation very well. This showed how devoted he was to his family.

I was surprised. I had no idea about the venom before that. I didn't think twice about the kissing. I just assumed the venom wouldn't spread like that.

He didn't want her to become a vampire and he didn't want to make her consider it. He also didn't want to scare her even more, I think.

Alice couldn't see Bella in the dance studio because at that point Bella hadn't decided to go there yet. Or at least,that's what I think.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-alice is dead on with that sentence. edward tried to kill himself when he thought bella was dead in new moon, so if she had died in twilight, edward probably wouldnt of been able to deal with it.

-i really liked jasper in this chapter! it showed how devoted to him family he was. i wasnt afraid of him.

-my reactions was like, well yeah ! of course theyre venomous, how else do they create other vampires? but it didnt make me think twice about edward and bella kissing. its not like hes biting her when they kiss.

-probably so she wouldnt get any ideas of becoming a vampire herself.

-alice probably thought that bella wouldnt be out of her's or jaspers sight, so she didnt metion it to bella.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight