A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Krystal
Lured By the Scent

Re: Chapter 13 - Confessions

Post by Krystal »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part?
Bella tells him how much she cares for him, and Edward tell her how he wanted to kill her, and how he lusts for her blood.

2. Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading?
I want to know what goes on in his mind when he is hunting, and how he feels about Bella (after he doesn't hate her anymore).

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter?
The way they act towards eachother and when they are sort of figureing eachother out by toughing each other, in a non sexual way.

4. This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you?
I can't really choose, I love all if so much!
by myhopesaresohigh @ vesperarium
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

4. This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you?

I thought that the most romantic moment was when Edward was lying on the ground with no shirt on, on the sun. Bella was rubbing his hand. Such a simple moment, but I thought that it was very romantic that he would let her do that to him.

(Sorry, I can't answer the other questions cause I can't think of anything and I would need my book, but my friend is borrowing it. He needs to read faster... I miss it *evil stare*)
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. Um... him being a vampire, and wanting Bella's blood.

2. How he actually manages to follow her and know where she is at all times.

3. They are warming up to each other and learning more of each other.

4. That's a toufie. I don't know, it is pretty much all romantic to them.
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part?

Bella ~ She said out loud that she loves him.
Edward ~ The way her blood smells to him.

2. Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading?

This whole chapter in Midnight Sun. I really want to know what was going through his head when he ran from her, and when he kisses her.

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter?

When she is sitting there just rubbing his hand and he is just letting her.

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb."
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
juliietuggle
Settled in Forks

Post by juliietuggle »

My Favorite chapter is Twilight because they are coming "clean."

1. Bella's biggest confession is how much she wants to stay with him-forver- but she can't because it's "impossible". Edward's is explaining to Bella how dangerous and lethal he his around her, and how easily it would be to kill her, and also how hard it is not to.

2. What he is thinking when he speeds away from her and is dangerous, his reaction to things, and of course how he feels about Bella during the whole chapter.

3. How nervous they both are. You know how shy Bella is and how afraid she is that Edward doesn't want to return the favor and Edward not wanting to kill her but not wanting to scare her but he wants to too, but it really comes down to their "humanly" feelings about how they care for each other, and maybe they are hiding the truth through their frights and what not.

4. "You are the most important thing to me now, the most important thing to me ever."
"So the lion fell in love with the lamb."
When they are sitting there touching and holding each other... so romantic how feeble they both are about
their feelings towards one another. The silence was the loudest to me!
ImageImageImage
krissf
Settled in Forks

Post by krissf »

I think for Bella it would be her saying that she would rather die than stay away from him.For Edward it would have to be him really showing who he is.For me that entire chapter was meaningful on Edwards part because he was really opening up in everyway possible whereas Bella still held back a little.

All of them to be completely honest.But hey how many people can say that havent read Midnight Sun yet?

I think it is best showcased when she is just lightly tracing his hand when they first get to the meadow, and then he panics when she gets close to him.Its a normal human reaction to panic a bit and to me that best displayed the human interaction between them.Even though Edward is constantly saying he is a vampire 'a monster' i dont think he truly realises just how human he really is at the same time.

Besides the kiss which is so sweet and innocent but intense.....that would have to be when the just trace each other with their hands and lay their head against the others chest.It was just so tender and loving and sweet.
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

bella- she loves him more than her own life
edward- that her blood was exactly his type of heroine

Mmm, i really want to read confessions in midnight sun, the part where he runs away and goes into that frenzy, and also when he kisses her that would be interesting.

How they get more comfortable with each other.

mmm, i have a couple, um when she was toching his face, which is something that she had been longing to do for ages, i thought it was cute.
viokagloring
Wandering Through Town

Post by viokagloring »

for Bella i think it was admitting that she might not be worthy of him and that she wants him forever. for Edward i think it was telling Bella exactly how hard it is for him to resist the pull of her blood, her scent. and how he does and also doesnt want her to be afraid of him. does want her to be afraid because he could so easily hurt her. but doesnt because he doesnt want to hurt her, he wants to be with her. he swears he would never hurt her. and how she is exactly his brand of heroin. they both admitt that they want to be around each other much too much. i loved this chapter! it was the first time they got really close in that way!

well i already read the partial draft. but i was most looking forward to reading about where Edward went off to that first week. and then also about Edward sneaking in to watch Bella sleep. and 'confessions' from Edwards point of view. i cannot wait to read the rest!!!!

i think the best example of it is how they hesitate whenever they touch each other...well mostly Edward. Bella just cant help herself. but Edward somehow has time to think eveeryything through. he hesitates whenever she leans in to smell him and whenever he tries to kiss her. he hesitates in a very most human way.

omygoodness! everything! this chapter was soooo so so beautiful. i mean this is where Stephenie got all her inspiration to write it all right? everything in this chapter was so meaningful and romantic! especially when Bella and Edward were being slow and silent. tracing Edward's hand and face. resting on each others chests. not willing to move at all!! and of course the kiss!!! so amazing.

...strong emotions can alter us in permanent ways.
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

Bella - when she tells Edaward the reasons she is afraid. The reasons not being that he is a vampire, but that she is afraid that she can't stay with him even though she wants to, and that she wants to stay more than she should.

Edward - when he is telling Bella about how incredibly potent her scent is to him, and how easily he could slip and kill her, and when he tells her that he wouldn't be able to live with himself if he hurt her.

I'm looking forward to reading all the times he is in her room while she is sleeping, just being able to understand what he was thinking when he was watching her sleep. I know thats not mentioned in this chapter, sooo...
When he mentions that he fought with Rosalie, Emmett, and Jasper.
And his viewpoint of the kiss.

When they were telling each other how they felt, because it made them vulnerable, which is not an easy thing to do when you're a vampire.
And the fact that they are both experiencing love for the first time, because to me love is the most human feeling there is.

The WHOLE thing really, but I escpecially loved when Bella was tracing Edward's facial features, and when she lays her head against his chest and says 'this is enough'. Then he put his arms around her and pressed his face against her hair.
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

For Bella, I believe it's when she confesses her true fear...that she wants to stay with him far more than she should. For Edward, I think it's when he tells Bella that she is the most important thing to him ever.

I want to see the accident in Chapter 3 from his perspective.

In their confusion over what they are feeling and how to deal with it.

It's so hard to pick just one. I guess my first choice would be when Bella is touching Edward's face.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/