A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
misskiley
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 14 ~ Family

Post by misskiley »

1. What was your reaction to Jacob and Paul fighting as wolves?
Completely shocked! Here they are suppose to be protectors and Paul just about kills Bella. I understand how upset he could be but.. it surprised me.

2. What was your first reaction to Emily? Did you instantly like her? Did you think she and Bella would get along?
I wasn't expecting Emily to be half messed up. It's very sad and tragic that such a thing would happen to her because of who she loved. I did like her a lot. She felt very warm and nice and motherly. Of course her and Bella would get along! I think after their "you're the vampire/werewolf girl" thing happened they knew it too.

3. What was your reaction to the abilities that the wolves seemed to possess that were uncovered in this chapter - accelerated healing and quick reflexes? Where you worried about them fighting a vampire?
I'm still worried about them fighting vampires! As much as I know they are tough and made to fight them.. it just seems uncompareable!

4. How did you feel about Jacob and Bella's relationship at this point?
I feel they are in more than a friendship. They're not dating but they both love each other and act almost as if they are dating.. just minus the kisses and whatnot.

5. What are your thoughts and feelings on Bella's conclusion that she would love Edward even if he was the vampire who was killing innocent hikers/people?
"Love is irrational." It's true. When she first found out he was a vampire, she didn't even know then that he wasn't off killing innocent people everyday.. she loved him.
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

I was as scared as Bella first, but when the others weren't, I calmed down.

2. What was your first reaction to Emily? Did you instantly like her? Did you think she and Bella would get along?
I don't know... I didn't like her, but didn't dislike her either. At first she was kinda mean to Bella, but later I kinda like her when she worried about Bella.

3. What was your reaction to the abilities that the wolves seemed to possess that were uncovered in this chapter - accelerated healing and quick reflexes? Where you worried about them fighting a vampire?
I guessed they wouldn't be weak or something like that, that they'd have special abilities. And I was surprised, because at that point I believed that nothing at all could kill a vampire.

I was glad that there weren't secrets anymore, but I was sure that Jacob'd try to hit on her again, and that I didn't like as much.

5. What are your thoughts and feelings on Bella's conclusion that she would love Edward even if he was the vampire who was killing innocent hikers/people?
I understand her. She loves him, and nothing would change that. I mean, she could tell him to stay away from her if he were killing people or doing bad stuff, but she wouldn't stop loving him. Ever.
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan
Timothy
Learning to Love Green

Post by Timothy »

Honestly, I wasn't all that worried. I don't know why. Just saw it as guys being guys -- just in wolf form.

Didn't really have a reaction to her, but I began to like her more when I saw that she worried as much as she did.

I wasn't really surprised that they had some sort of abilities. They have to be able to match up or exceed a vampire's strength, so why not?

I wasn't sure how it could continue. I knew they couldn't go back to before the wolf thing got in the way. And with her knowledge of this legend coming true, how to proceed. Just a lot of questions.

Sounded just like Bella.

Death is peaceful, easy. Life is harder.
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

I was a little scared for Bella and then Jacob, but then the others just shrugged it off and I calmed down and realised that Paul does this sort of thing all the time (Y) Amazing Paul :D

I liked Emily, the way that she interacted with the wolves was nice, like they really were her family. I didnt think that this would be the sort of person Bella would get along with as she hangs with the vamps and all that. Then again, Emily was nothing but nice.

I think that the healing and the reflexes evolved with them over time to make them a better match for the vampires. I like the fact that its more even, as they wouldn't really be doing a good job if they didnt have anything to fight them with.

I was glad that there were no more secrets, and that Bella could finally know the whole of who Jacob was. I think it took a whole lot of weight off both of their shoulders, as Jake was doing nothing wrong (that he could help) and Bella knew who he was without all the lies.

I understand that whatever Edward did, Bella would still love him. Nothing could change that, ever.
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I hope Jake doesn't get hurt!

First I thought she was mean and wasn't going to like Bella at all. Two lines later I realized Bella and she would get along.

No, I wasn't worried. By the way Laurent responded, I figured he knew he was no match for the wolves. So why would I feel worried now?

I still thought that Victoria was going to be the only 'problem' in this book. So, I figured they would come together even more, maybe even have a relationship at some point.

I could totally understand it. When you're in love, you're in love.
Gochiruzeru
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Gochiruzeru »

It was pretty violent... An interesting scene to read.

I liked her, and yes, I thought they would get along.

I thought they had really cool abilities, and I wans't concerned about them fighting vampires at all -- they seemed pretty capable.

I like their relationship, honestly. I think that Jacob is really good for her.

Odd... It doesn't make much sense, but then again, she said that love is irrational. Still, I think it's kind of unfair that she was so angry at Jacob when she thought he was responsible for it, yet she would continue to love Edward if he was...
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Typical males!

I thought she was obnoxious at first, actually. Her comment to Bella about her being the "vampire girl", especially given werewolf opinions on vampires, seemed rude and an attempt at stereotyping. But she turned out to be nice.

No. They obviously knew how to beat one, or they wouldn't have beaten Laurent.

I thought they were getting a little too cozy for my liking.

I think one of the reasons Bella loved Edward is because she knew from the start that he wasn't like this. However, she is so deeply in love with him that she can't imagine any scenario where she wouldn't love him. She is also such a caring person that her love covers over sins like this, although I don't think she would ever have loved Edward as deeply if he was like this.