Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 3 ~ The End

Post by Alphie »

Questions prepared by Cocoa

1. Did you feel a sense of foreboding in this chapter? At what point did you feel what was coming? Or did it take you by surprise?

2. Just as Bella did, have you ever felt that subconscious desire to grasp a hold of a relationship slipping away?

3. Edward speech was definitely a harsh one, but did it grasp reality for you as it did for Bella? Or were you expecting him to run back to her at any moment? Did you believe him as readily as Bella did?

4. When Sam appeared during the search, describe your gut reaction to his presence.

5. Describe your reaction as you read the "months" pages
Paprika
Wandering Through Town

Re: Chapter 3 ~ The End

Post by Paprika »

1. Did you feel a sense of foreboding in this chapter? At what point did you feel what was coming? Or did it take you by surprise?

I had a hunch that something was going to happen but not something like this. Even when he said that they were leaving, I thought 'okay, they're taking her with them, right?' and then when he didn't, told her he didn't want her and walked away, I didn't keep reading. At that point I'm pretty sure I screamed (making my parents panic that something was wrong) and then began to cry. It took me totally by suprise, I couldn't believe that he could be so callous.

2. Just as Bella did, have you ever felt that subconscious desire to grasp a hold of a relationship slipping away?

I don't think I can relate to it on a level that happened to her, but there was one instance for me. My best friend since the beginning of high school was going out with this guy who i'd known for longer than she had and I just knew he would hurt her and that she deserved astronomically better than him. I'm also not afraid of making my thoughts heard and as such told her exactly how I felt. This resulted in the biggest fight that we'd ever had, where she told me that she didn't think we could be friends anymore after this. I had alot of issues in HS and she was the one thing up unto that point that kinda kept me grounded. When she told me this (doing so by letter) I couldn't think straight, and I only remember tears. We talked and I told her that the only reason i was doing this was because I felt it for her own good. Turns out, in the end he cheated on her with someone else and left her but being right didn't have the vindication it usually did because she was hurt. However, I was thrilled that we managed to hold our friendship together and to this date she is my best friend.

3. Edward speech was definitely a harsh one, but did it grasp reality for you as it did for Bella? Or were you expecting him to run back to her at any moment? Did you believe him as readily as Bella did?

At the beginning I did because he seemed so serious, regardless of how good a liar he is. In Twilight his entire world seemed to revolve around her-how could he hurt her like this so readily? Tears were running down my face-until he warned her to be careful and not hurt herself.In that one split second when he let his guard down, I just knew that he was doing something he thought right to protect her, and that he still loved her. I didn't think he'd dart back to her that fast, because when he gets something into that bronze head of his he sticks to it (however hare brained an idea it may be) but I didn't think it would take him as long as it did.

4. When Sam appeared during the search, describe your gut reaction to his presence.

What the heck?? For me it was pure confusion. I mean, I understand that Charlie is a friend of Billy's but why is a teenager who has no connection to the Swan's out looking for her? The snuffling noise mad me curious too, although at first I took it for a deer or something foraging for food.

As though the bottom had dropped out of my stomach. To not be able to describe time passing except by single words on an otherwise blank page, how much mental agony must that girl have been going through? Enough that I know it's a feeling I hope to never have to replicate.
Come on and pick me up, somebody clear the wreckage from the blast....-Jack's Mannequin, The Resolution

So I know I'm not alone in a world full of Vampires-Jack's Mannequin, Cell Phone
Mary Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Mary Cullen »

1. It took me completely by surprise. Maybe because it was just something I really didn't want to believe would happen.

2. No, but then again I think their love for each other is unlike anyone's. In reality, I don't believe that such a love can exist... at least not the love Bella and Edward have for each other.

3. I didn't believe him. I knew what he was saying wasn't the truth. But it still hurt. It brought me to tears... any girl can feel for Bella (...at least the girls who love Edward). At the same time, though, I didn't think he would run back to her. I knew eventually in the book, they'd be together again but not for him to come back a few days or something.

4. I was so hoping it'd be Edward... when I found out it wasn't him... the tears came back. Her pain became my pain. Totally relateable character.

5. I was so upset about it. I didn't think it would last that long. I expected Edward to come back sooner. Each month was another stab to my heart. I knew what would come after the "Months" past.
"Afraid of a needle. Oh, a sadistic vampire, intent on torturing her to death, sure, no problem, she runs of to meet him. An IV on the other hand..."
SwitzerlandXGirl7
Settled in Forks

Post by SwitzerlandXGirl7 »

My first reaction: "WHAT THE HELL?" Why would he do that? and i questioned theese in my mind because i, like many others, cried hysterically when he left. and i imagend if he was mine it made things worse i was so glad when jake came along but thrilled when Edward was back but i was depressed for jake.
Mary Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Mary Cullen »

SwitzerlandXGirl7 wrote:My first reaction: "WHAT THE HELL?" Why would he do that? and i questioned theese in my mind because i, like many others, cried hysterically when he left. and i imagend if he was mine it made things worse i was so glad when jake came along but thrilled when Edward was back but i was depressed for jake.

I wouldn't say I was depressed for Jake... But I did feel bad for the guy. I was ecstatic when Edward came back!
"Afraid of a needle. Oh, a sadistic vampire, intent on torturing her to death, sure, no problem, she runs of to meet him. An IV on the other hand..."
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. It took me by surprise, even though Edward showed signs that this sort of thing would happen. I didn't even know he was serious when he told Bella.

2. Not really, I never seem to notice things like that coming. But I did notice Bella desperately grap for Edwards attention, and start to worry. So I still understood.

3. I thought, "NO WAY!", he had to be joking. I just thought his odd behavior was just a stage or something. But then when he finally, or actually, left the woods, I freaked, and started crying.

4. At first, he just didn't appeal to me. I just thought he was some odd guy trying to find Bella. But I did have a feeling we woul dlearn more about him, otherwise there would be no point for him in the story.

5. I was just flipping through, and was like "whoa!". At that point I got how Bella really felt, and how much it would take to help her get back to normal.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Oh dude, i sense it the second Edward started avoiding conversation with Bella. Not to mention the fact that the title chapter was "THE END" haha kind of a dead giveaway if you ask me...i started to tear up when Bella took the picture of Edward and noticed the distinct difference between that and a previous picture- the fact that he seemed lifeless...as soon as he put her bag back in the truck and started walking her into the woods i was pretty much like "shiznet, this is it"

Oh definately, though i must say doing that only makes it that much harder on yourself- i wasn't in Bella's situation though in NM- more in Edward's and let me tell you it's definitely one of the hardest things i've ever had to do....but the thing is that i subconsciously held onto it anyway before executing what i knew had to happen...when you love someone that much you just have to tell yourself that there's still hope and you really do try to grip it harder; though you know the end is near

In a sense i understood both of them- it was really weird. I could see where Edward was coming from, but at the same time i was in Bella's shoes thinking "why? there has to be another way.." On the note of believing what Edward was saying, not for one second did he fool me. Like i said, i've been where he was, having to let someone go but desperately not wanting to. I knew he was dying to hold her and tell her it was a lie but that would've made things SO. MUCH. WORSE. Sure it was looking at things in perspective and going back to reality, but i still didn't believe him and knew the reasons why he was doing it...

THANK GOD SOMEONE SAVE HER! lol. I also had the feeling that he was the creature that had sniffed her earlier or w/e. From that point i was pretty much convinced of his werewolf ways...

THAT WAS SO INTENSE FOR ME! i couldn't believe how many months flew by and it really depicted Bella at that moment. No thoughts no nothing, she was blank, devastated. I think it was really good how SM did that, because you really do experience what Bella was experiencing, still utter shock from Edward's departure, nothing else mattered and even though those months flew by it was as if it happened yesterday. You really got to imagine Bella's mindset from what had just happened. I really don't know how else to explain it other than devastation and numbness to everything going on around her...
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
AshleeTwilight8
Wandering Through Town

Post by AshleeTwilight8 »

I could feel it coming too. I was hoping I was wrong but obviously I wasn't. I turned to my husband (he dragged me to a race but I couldn't leave home with New Moon!) and I said I think I might cry! Had I been alone or at home, the tears would have started flowing. I had to flip ahead to see what Chapter the Cullen's came back in, I was starting to feel very anxious.
"Why am I covered in feathers?"- Bella Swan
"I bit a pillow or two"-Edward Cullen
NiCoLeeLoCin
Wandering Through Town

Post by NiCoLeeLoCin »

I never thought he would actually leave her. But like Bella I knew that something was going to happen when he said Let's go for a walk.

No

I did not believe him. But that made it only harder for me to read, because I know that he was trying so hard not to say that it was a lie.

I didn't really react to Sam, because I was also confused like Bella.

The first time I read this chapter I didn't cry. But when I read those pages I fell my heart sink. Maybe because I wanted to believe so badly that he was coming back as soon as posible and then having read those months pages...
2awesome4u
Settled in Forks

Post by 2awesome4u »

i've read all the books, and now i'm re-reading them, and i'm MAD AT EDWARD. if you read them without a break in-between them, how edward PROMISED over and over again he wouldn't leave her, as long as it was the best thing for her and it made her happy. maybe it wasn't the best thing for her by his views, but it still made her happy.

the first time i read the book, when that happened i immediately panicked :o and made sure edward came back. i flipped ahead in the book *cringe*, but i think it helped me enjoy it more, rather than the people who read it searching hungrily for Edward's name. i saw Jacob better, and now i like him so much more. i didnt really get mad at Edward for leaving the first time, i dont know why, but now that im reading it again im really pissed at him.

TEAM JAKE ALL THE WAYYYY
Why should we date?
Because we are attracted to each other.
I'm attracted to pie, yet I do not feel the need to date pie.