Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Stacia
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 22 ~ Fire and Ice

Post by Stacia »

1. What do you think about the honesty the boys show each other?
It shows a lot of maturity, within each of them and towards each other. I think it shows that there just might be hope for the two of them yet. They do have a lot in common after all.

2. Are you surprised to see Edward admitting his jealousy and showing less patience?
Meh. Not really. He's a typical teenager in that regard. Not to mention being in the circumstances that he is in this chapter, he showed a lot of self-restraint here.

3. How did you feel about Edward's four options regarding Bella?
I can understand where he is coming from. But he underestimates Bella's feelings in his options though. He doesn't factor in that she loves him just as much as he loves her.

4. What surprised you most about the conversation they had?
Beyond the fact they were both incredibly open and honest with each other? :That Edward pretty much admitted he doesn't know if Bella is in love with Jacob. He still doubts her feelings for him.
vintage_sunflower
Settled in Forks

Post by vintage_sunflower »

I really loved reading the dialouge between the two of them. I liked the fact that they were both so honest with each other about their feelings. I can't help but think "Yeah right...there is no way that would happen in real life!" I love it...but it isn't realistic...but...all the more reason to get lost in a world of fiction. ;)

2. Are you surprised to see Edward admitting his jealousy and showing less patience?
I wasn't suprised that Edward admitted he was jealous because honestly...what does he have to lose? Nothing. I think he knows deep down that Bella loves him and will choose him. There isn't anything wrong with admitting that you are jealous...but there again...no male in his right mind would openly admit to that to said male he is jealous of. I can just picture my husband doing that. :roll: Why can't vampire guys be real?!

I like the one where they get married and she is changed to be with him for all eternity. It was noble of him to even discuss that with Jacob because really...it wasn't any of his business. It would be one thing for Bella to have told him...but Jacob should really respect Edward (as much as wolfy possible...I guess) for letting him into his "mind".

That they didn't wind up killing each other in the tent.
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. I think it is mainly an act. Firstly, because of Bella, or for Bella. Secondly, they are fighting the newborns on the same side, so getting along like this is critical.

2. No. He seems like the kind of person that would be able to admit things like this.

3. I think they should get married, and then she changed.

4. Well, they aren't the best of friends, so it was a change. They also seemed to stay calmer than usual in this conversation.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

ilovespaceheaters wrote: 4. What surprised you most about the conversation they had?
The honesty in it all. It was sweet.
Same here! Honesty is the best in any friendship/relationship.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
vamps4evr
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by vamps4evr »

i thought it was fabulous!! it was nice to see them let their guard down!! even though they thought Bella was sleeping!!

I am not surprised, i think he felt he owed soemthing to Jacob, it was the least he could do...be honest!

I think he did the right thing!

that they were actually quite civil and honest!
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Alphie wrote:Thanks to Be My Escape for her help!

It was raw and straightforward. The fact that for one night, these two faced each other and layed it all out, Jacob got to see Edward as more than a vampire/monster and Edward and to face himself over his decision to leave Bella in New Moon. Pretty cool, I think.

No. It was about time he finally showed this deepest and most intense part of his psyche.

He certainly battled with himself over his wants vs. Bella's and her needs. He was truly frightened of losing her through death of his making, but as always overreacts to the solutions.

That they could actually hold a conversation and be honest without violence - they actually listened to each other even though it did not change their feelings of animosity towards each other. Beautifully written.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

This is my very most favorite chapter...

I love it. I wish more guys were like this. I respect both boys boy acting like men to the best of their ability for Bella. This is when I fell in love with Jacob and Edward and while I'm 51% Edward 49% Jacob...

I was surprised and so proud. His honesty is so endering.

I'm glad he gave it so much thought. I believe that you need at least 3 choices on the table to make a fair, educated and thought out choice.

I can't say anything surprised me, oh yeah I can... the fact that Edward let Jacob in the tent AND in the sleeping bag. I can just say I loved it. I loved ever word, every second and every little bit of the conversation.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

I think it is very mature of them. I think it also shows that they are both very decent people and can get along if they want to. I think it is also showing their growing bond with each other.

No, Edward is a very stand up guy and why wouldn't he admit it? I think he is also showing Jacob respect by telling him exactly how he fells. It's also Edwards way of showing Jacob that he trusts him.

I agreed with him. Those really were the only options.

I was surpised they didn't fight.
ImageImage
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

I love it we finally get a real piece of what both of them are thinking.

Well, i already suspected edward was jealous but i am surprised he admitted it to jacob of all people

mm, how did he come up with those

they were honest the whole way through.
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

Finally!

No. He is truthful most of the time. And I think he has finally realized that Jacob is going to be a part of Bella's life regardless of what happens.

That he was sweet and selfish all at the same time. They need to be together. And Alice already saw them together.

The truce for the night!
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella