Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 17 ~ Alliance

Post by Alphie »

1. Do you think the majority of the people came to the party to celebrate with Bella or just to see the inside of the Cullen's house?

2. Were you as surprised as Bella was that Jacob came to the party? Would you have asked him to leave?

3. Do you think Jacob's gift of the bracelet was more of a reminder to Bella or to Edward about his friendship and devotion to her?

4. How did you feel about the alliance that was formed between the wolves and the vampires? Was it something you had expected for a while or were you surprised?

5. Did you think the alliance was going to work or did you have concerns over their ability to actually work together?
Sarah-Lynn

Re: Chapter 17 ~ Alliance

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

1. Do you think the majority of the people came to the party to celebrate with Bella or just to see the inside of the Cullen's house? Yeah, I think most of them showed up to see the Cullens' house. Bella wasn't all that popular.

2. Were you as surprised as Bella was that Jacob came to the party? Would you have asked him to leave? I was a bit surprised... again, it's him asserting himself into her life. I probably would have asked him to leave, just so he and the pack didn't get into a fight with the vamps while there were hoards of humans around.

3. Do you think Jacob's gift of the bracelet was more of a reminder to Bella or to Edward about his friendship and devotion to her? Hmm, that's a tough one... I think it's a little of both.

4. How did you feel about the alliance that was formed between the wolves and the vampires? Was it something you had expected for a while or were you surprised? I didn't expect it... I kind of thought that it would come down to a fight between Edward and Jacob for Bella... and I'm glad the story didn't end that way- it's too predictable...

5. Did you think the alliance was going to work or did you have concerns over their ability to actually work together? I did have concerns. I kept thinking that the wolves were learning the exact moves to take out the Cullens if "something" ever happened... that "something" being Bella's transformation. That's why I didn't read anything about BD before it came out; I read nothing on this forum; I wanted to be totally surprised... I thought that Bella's transformation would have triggered war between the wolves and the Cullens... I'm so glad that's not what BD was about! Purely on the social level, this alliance teaches that we as a people can overcome whatever differences to bond together to work towards a certain cause.
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. Just to check otu the Cullen's, see how "odd" they really are. If they were real, that would be my reason, just do to their behavior. I am a curious person, so I would be curious to check them out.

2. I saw it coming. I had a feeling someone "unwanted" at the party would come. If he was bothering Bella, or being rude, I would have him kicked out. Otherwise, I really wouldn'tcare if he was there.

3. I think it was a reminder. Just so Bella wouldn't leave Jacob alone in the dust forever and go off with Edward. I think he was trying to show Bella that he did care.

4. I thought it was awesome. The werewolves were the only ones that could help, since Victoria's coven was so big.

5. I thought there would be an akwardness, or tension in the group. But to keep the area safe, they would work together fine.
MissV327
Settled in Forks

Post by MissV327 »

1. I think the majority of the people came to the party because they were curious about the Cullen family and their house. Plus, the town of Forks seems like a really small town so I'm sure a lot of the people had nothing better to do. :-)

2. I was not surprised Jacob came to the party. After all, he said he was going to fight for Bella. Making his prescence known as much as possible is one way of telling Edward that he's not going anywhere.

3. I think the bracelet was a little bit of both. But I think it was a good idea on Jacob's part because it was a constant physical reminder to Bella. Even when Jacob is not around Bella, she can always look down at the bracelet and think of him.

4. and 5. I was suprised that the vampires and the werewolves were able to KEEP the alliance that they created. I was convinced that it would be a good idea to them in theory, but when it actually came down to it, to actually start fighting, that they would never be able to pull it off successfully.
Nightvision
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nightvision »

1. Do you think the majority of the people came to the party to celebrate with Bella or just to see the inside of the Cullen's house?

I think sadly it was more to see the Cullen's house. Heck even if I was friends of Bella I would want to know what it looked like.

2. Were you as surprised as Bella was that Jacob came to the party? Would you have asked him to leave?

Not at all. I would have been happy to have the wolf pack around since they pretty much rule in my mind.

3. Do you think Jacob's gift of the bracelet was more of a reminder to Bella or to Edward about his friendship and devotion to her?

Both in different ways. A sly threat to Edward and a ploy to keep Bella on him

4. How did you feel about the alliance that was formed between the wolves and the vampires? Was it something you had expected for a while or were you surprised?

I was say freakin sweet when I read that part.

5. Did you think the alliance was going to work or did you have concerns over their ability to actually work together?

I knew it was going to work because those wolves love vampire flesh, or rock.
la_tua_cantante
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

I mean, most people in Forks High School knew who Bella was, but I think that it was more to see the 'reclusive Cullens' like Edward said.

I would have asked him to leave, but I don't like Jacob, so... lol.

Edward. Definitely. Which is one of the reasons I've always been so anti-Jacob. As sweet as it seemed, that's pretty shady.

I thought it was a fabulous idea. I had wondered how SM was going to weave them together.

I definitely had worries. For some reason, I was really worried about Jasper, since he was in the middle of everything all the time. I really thought one of the wolves would attack him or something. I mean, Jasper would have won in that fight, but the repurcussions would have been disastrous.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Stacia

Post by Stacia »

To see the inside of the Cullen's house.

I was surprised that he showed up. But at the same time I'm not because he'd do anything to stay in Bella's life, even showing up at the Cullens.

b. Do you think Jacob's gift of the bracelet was more of a reminder to Bella or to Edward about his friendship and devotion to her?
Both

I expected them to unite at some point because the common link is Bella. And both groups would protect her so it makes perfect sense.

It had a 50/50 shot. Both are stubborn and neither group likes the other but again, their common goal is to protect Bella and I don't think that they'd let their differences get in the way when Bella's life is at stake.
kristakamikaze
Settled in Forks

Post by kristakamikaze »

I really think it was to see the Cullen's house.

I was insanely suprised. and yes, if I were Bella I would have acted the same.

Eeek, now that I think of it, it's a bit of both

I was hoping for it!

I'm a little worried about the wolves , they seem a bit more edgy?
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

:lol: The house without a doubt. Bella was just a nice cover-up for that.

I was vaguely surprised, but if we consider Jake's personality traits, it's not that shocking. I would have definitely asked him to leave. That's some drama that wasn't needed, but in the end Jake and his pals were just what they needed after all.

Mostly for Bella, but a reminder to Edward that Jake wasn't giving up. He'd fight to the finish

It was...nice and extremely helpful. It was a little surprising, but not that unexpected. A "clash" was inevitible. It's just nice that it was a good kind of clash.

It'll work. With peace-lover Carlisle leading the vampires, it'll work out just fine.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
mcdowellswife
Wandering Through Town

Post by mcdowellswife »

1. I think some people came specifically to celebrate with Bella, like Billy, Angela/Ben, the Clearwaters. I think while some people came to celebrate with Bella, the driving factor was seeing the Cullen's house.

2. I figured Jacob would show up for the party, I was suprised at how he conducted himself. Once he acted out, like he did, I would have asked that he leave.

3. I think it was done with mixed intentions. I truly think he wanted Bella to have a reminder of him, but Jacob isn't stupid. He knew that it would be a subtle form of taunting directed at Edward.

4. I figured something would be worked out. I couldn't imagine SM letting to many bad things happening to the characters we have all fallen in love with.

5. I pegged Leah as a loose-link in the alliance. I didn't think she would do anything maliciously, but I was wary of her all the same.