Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
zoelynn602
Wandering Through Town

Re: Chapter 16 ~ Epoch

Post by zoelynn602 »

1. When Bella made the connection between the thief and the Seattle newborns, were you surprised? If not, when did you figure it out?
No, i was not surprised, I had guessed it was Victoria from the start. If the Volturi wanted to get to Bella, they would of done it without all this sneaking around.

2. How did you feel about Jess making light of the "friendship" she shared with Bella? Would you have reacted the same way Bella reacted?
Jessica was not a good friend. Bella acted very maturely.

3. Do you think Bella would have been more excited to graduate if there wasn't the danger from Seattle looming over her? Or do you think she still would have been contemplating the "ending" of her human life?
No she wouldn't have been excited, she would have been contemplating becoming a vampire, and not much else.

4. Charlie expresses some concern about not being able to give Bella everything, yet Bella tells him he's been the best dad. How honest do you think Bella was being in that whole conversation?
Very honest, he was there for her in New Moon and was very protective of her through all her emotional trials, like a good dad should be.
I cannot live in a world where you don't exist...
patricac
Settled in Forks

Post by patricac »

1. When Bella made the connection between the thief and the Seattle newborns, were you surprised? If not, when did you figure it out?

I wasn’t surprised. They were emphasizing the Seattle homicides from early on in the book and there had to be some type of connection to the Cullen’s or Bella. When she had the “visitor” that stole her stuff – the connection had to be with Bella.

2. How did you feel about Jess making light of the "friendship" she shared with Bella? Would you have reacted the same way Bella reacted?

Yup! At the end of high school, everyone wants to think of the good things and make light of the bad things. It’s typical. I liked Bella’s reaction, it was real and can be related to.

3. Do you think Bella would have been more excited to graduate if there wasn't the danger from Seattle looming over her? Or do you think she still would have been contemplating the "ending" of her human life?

I think she would’ve enjoyed it a lot more than she did. High school graduation is a right of passage as a “human”.

4. Charlie expresses some concern about not being able to give Bella everything, yet Bella tells him he's been the best dad. How honest do you think Bella was being in that whole conversation?

I think she was being honest. Bella put Charlie through so much in her short time staying in Forks! From running away to Phoenix in Twilight, to her depression, to her zombie state, to disappearing for 3 days – after the death of his best friend. Then having to accept Edward back – who he blamed for all the bad stuff – and deal with the ultimatums she gave him and threatening to move out. Yeah, Charlie was more understanding than most dad’s would have been in similar situations. Bella got away with a lot. I can see why she thinks he’s the best.
twilightapple
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightapple »

no, i read a spoiler by accident ahead of time, so I knew that there was an army gaining up on them without them knowing. I know was would eventually happen, but the details in this story helped the pieces fall together as to why the theif was there.

I tend to be optimistic about people's personalitys. I probably would of been decent to Jess, but I honestly do think that Jess meant it when she said that she wants to keep in touch with her. The thing about high school relationships, is its all a game of who looks better in the image of the click. It you don't fit, you get booted. people pressure other people to to masty things to others..its kind of like a mini soap opera. My point is, I thought that when Jess told Bella about keeping in touch, it show that beneath the mask of little miss popular girl, she may have a decent person in there that may spring out when she gets in college and there is no pressure to be popular... people change.. I know someone who i hated in highschool cuz he was so mean and not i like him. he was pressured by a senior to be mean to me.... it wasn't right but its a survival of high school game. I am sorry I am rambling......I'm tired... but i will add that on Bella's end, she isn't a great friend either. She only listens to what she wants to and she's only kind to Angela...

she would be a little more happy because a lot less would be on her mind. I think that this battle is what is making her comtemplate ending her human life. She sees that being a vampire means killing people. It means that sooner or later everyone you love will die before you. It there was no battle, I thinnk she would just impulsively go to Carsile and say "ok you promised. change me"

Completely honest. Bella is a lot like her father Charlie. She keeps to herself and she's not materializtic at all. So when you cut the factor that Charlie can't really buy her stuff, all you have left is him showing her that he loves her through emotions. He is there for her when he thinks that he should intervene.. He was very suppotive of Bella in New Moon. I sort of hope Bella and Charlie bond a little bit in Breaking Dawn.
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

I was very surprised. I would have never made that connection.

I've always sort of liked Jess, so I think that, even though she and Bella weren't the best of friends, there was still a fragment of the friendship before the zomie-state left. I think that Jess was sorry for abondoning Bella, even if she didn't realize it herself, but I was glad that Bella was civil with her.

Bella would have acted the same with or without the whole Seattle newborns looming over her.

Charlie really has been a good dad. A little over protective, but what father isn't. And considering what he's had to go through with Edward and Bella, I;m surprised that he hasn't completely lost his mind with worry. I think Bella was being completely fair and honest in saying that he was the best dad.
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-I didn't suprise me when she figured it out, but I have no idea when I connected them in my mind.

-Yeah, probably, just because I'm not one for confrontations and it's the last day I would probably see them.

-Maybe she would've been a tinsy bit happier, but I think with Bella being Bella she still would've been comtemplating the "ending" of her human life.

-I think she was being totally honest. Charlie couldn't of been a better dad to Bella and he was exactly the type of parent she needed at the point in her life; somone she didn't need to take care of and someone who let her be free to do what she wanted.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

-It didn't surprise me, although I would have thought that Alice or Jasper would be the 1st to figure it out. I was kind of expecting the Seattle newborns to be involved. They wouldn't have spent so much time discussing the danger in Seattle and the newborns if they weren't going to be a big part of the story.

-I think jessica is a very typical high school girl-gossiping, talking behind Bella's back, jealous-but it wouldn't have been worth starting a fight or anything.

-I don't think Bella is the type to get really excited about things like graduation, even if she wasn't involved with the Cullen family.

-I think Bella and Charlie truly loved each other.

New question: Bella mentioned that she felt bad because everyone she cared about-the Cullen family and the werewolves-were going to fight for her and possibly get hurt. She had figured out that the newborns in Seattle only wanted her. Then, Alice left in the middle of graduation and Edward left right after. I really expected Bella to leave for Seattle with the goal of sacrificing herself to save the people she loved. She was willing to do this in Twilight to save her mother. Did anyone else expect Bella to try to go to Seattle to prevent the Cullen family and the werewolves form having to fight for her?
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by natterss707 »

I had my suspicions and I wasn't really all that surprised. I was impressed by Bella though.

I just pretty much thought it was odd and highly annoying but I would have went along with it and been nice.

I don't think she would have been excited either way. Either way her life would be ending because if not for this her vampire life would still be coming up.

I think she was being honest. Even though he doesn't do much for her and doesn't give her a lot of attention that's what she wants and she really is grateful that he acts the way he does.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. When Bella made the connection between the thief and the Seattle newborns, were you surprised? If not, when did you figure it out? I was surprised it took her so long. I mean, how many vamps are there in the world, really? And how many of them would be so close to the Cullens? Only one, since the Volturi already have an army.

2. How did you feel about Jess making light of the "friendship" she shared with Bella? Would you have reacted the same way Bella reacted? She was gone so fast I probably would've been dazed. But that's just Jessica. :roll:

3. Do you think Bella would have been more excited to graduate if there wasn't the danger from Seattle looming over her? Or do you think she still would have been contemplating the "ending" of her human life? Maybe not excited, but that she would've realized that her normal, human life was coming to an end fairly quickly.

4. Charlie expresses some concern about not being able to give Bella everything, yet Bella tells him he's been the best dad. How honest do you think Bella was being in that whole conversation? Everyone (almost that is) thinks that their dad is the best, so I think Bella was being honest, because she does love Charlie.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
spiritwolf32
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by spiritwolf32 »

No. I didn't know fore sure that the guy in Bella's room was a newborn but I knew that the newborn army was created by Victoria. I knew that after they started talking about Victoria kept coming back trying different ways to get around the wolves.She was seeing where the weak points were and such. In other words she learns quickly from her mistakes so she knew she need some help. Then when I heard about the newborns being created, I knew she had something to do with it.

I think Jessica was sort of snobbish. I think she thought she was better than Bella and didn't see why all the guys liked Bella so much. After she sided with Lauren, she seemed to act like a child. I think Bella acted more grown up than anyone in the school. Besides the Cullens. Then sometimes I thought she was more mature than some of them at certain times.

Bella wasn't into crowds so I don't think she really would have been Enthusiastic about it anyway. But I do think she was still wanting for the end of her human life to end so she could be with Edward.

I think Bella was Okay with not having everything, so him not giving her everything wouldn't bother her. AHH that one is so hard to explain. I do think she wanted him not to feel bad so she told him that he has been the best dad. To me he seems like he could have been a great dad. I would have been proud to have a dad like that in my life.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. When Bella made the connection between the thief and the Seattle newborns, were you surprised? If not, when did you figure it out?No I wasn't. I had made the connection earlier (don't remember for sure it's been over a year since I first read the book!)

2. How did you feel about Jess making light of the "friendship" she shared with Bella? Would you have reacted the same way Bella reacted?I thought it was crazy but just like Jessica. She really isn't that good of a friend. I would've been like what the? But probably not say anything to her about it.

3. Do you think Bella would have been more excited to graduate if there wasn't the danger from Seattle looming over her? Or do you think she still would have been contemplating the "ending" of her human life?I think if she hadn't just figured out what was going on.

4. Charlie expresses some concern about not being able to give Bella everything, yet Bella tells him he's been the best dad. How honest do you think Bella was being in that whole conversation? I think she was being pretty honest. She doesn't seem to need or want a lot of stuff and is happy with what she's got.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson