Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Riddalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Target

Post by Riddalyn »

1. Who did you think the visitor in Bella's room was?
I was so confused. I accepted Carlisle's theory about a curious visitor really easily.

2. Do you think Edward was too harsh on Alice for not seeing the visitor? Why or why not?
Yes, I really do. He has her watching for so much, of course, like she said, things are bound to slip through the cracks.

3. What do you think about Edward and Jacob’s conversation and their sudden willingness to work together?
Mutual desire to protect the woman they love... it's a sad truce.

4. If you were Bella how would you feel about their conversation?
I honestly can't say.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
twilightapple
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightapple »

One of the guys from the Volturi....

2. Do you think Edward was too harsh on Alice for not seeing the visitor? Why or why not?

Yes! I know he loves Bella but Alice is watching a million things at once. It wouldn't hurt him to say thank you once in a while...

3. What do you think about Edward and Jacob’s conversation and their sudden willingness to work together?

I think that its just because they love Bella and know that being enemies isn't helping anything.... the moment that this mysterious visitor is caught, Edward may go back to being civil, but Jacob will defiently go bakc to being an immature jerk.

Awkward and kind of guilty because I would know that Edward and Jacob are not being civil because they truely want to make peace with each other.

haha if I was Bella, I'd slap Jacob everytime he called my boyfriend or his family a bloodsucker! :x
Elisabeth33

Post by Elisabeth33 »

Someone connected to the Volturi.

Yes, because it wasn't her fault. But he was mad, so I thought him calming down after a few minutes was really good.

Finally! They're compromising!

See my last answer?
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

I kind of suspected that it was either the Volturri or Victoria, I just wasn't sure who.

Edward will be Edward, and he always overreacts. I think that he was so upset though because he was imagining his life again without Bella in it and he knew that he couldn't live/exist without her with him.

I think that their main reason for working together was because they both wanted Bella safe.

I am not sure, it is very hard to put myself into Bella's shoes.

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun
zoelynn602
Wandering Through Town

Post by zoelynn602 »

I immediatly thought it was Victoria.

Yes, i know he was upset and all, but Alice can't see absolutly everything.

They are willing to work together because they both want Bella to be safe, Victoria provided them with a common enemy.

I would be happy that they were working together.
I cannot live in a world where you don't exist...
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

Vitcoria. Of course.

Yes. Edward tends to have a temper whenever Bella's safety is involved, but he didn't need to act like Alice was to blame. It wasn't her fault someone had found a loophole in her visions.

They're willingness to work together was all because they bother care deeply for Bella. Nothing else.

I would be like "Yes! They'll finally working together somewhat civilly!" But I would still feel kinda quicly knowing it was only me that caused it.
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-I thought it was someone from the Volturi guard.

-Yeah, he was. Alice can't see everything and its not her fault she missed that.

-I was wicked suprised by it! They were always so cold and bitter to each other, so it took me by suprise how well they worked together.

-If I was Bella, I probably would've been happy that two people I loved who usually hated each other could work so well together.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
natterss707

Post by natterss707 »

I immediately thought of Victoria.

He was a little too harsh on her. But at the same time I can understand why he was that harsh. He could have lost everything if she would have been there. He apologizes though so it was fine.

I was quite surprised about their willingness to work together. I imagined it would take a lot more effort to get them to talk about this, and the fact that it was Jacob's idea.

I guess I would like the fact that they were working together finally.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

I thought it had something to do with Victoria.

Yes, very much so. Edward acts like it is Alice's responsibility to see everything. It's not, and she watches Bella because Edward asked her to, not because she has to. It's not Alice's fault that someone got around her visions. Edward was being a jerk.

They were only willing to work together to save Bella. Otherwise, they would have remained enemies.

Relieved that they were no longer fighting over her
kcrn1995
Settled in Forks

Post by kcrn1995 »

1. without a doubt it was either victoria or a "friend", the comment that Edward didn't think so because he didn't recognize the scent is kind of funny. at the prom at the end of twilight, victoria was at prom standing at the roulette wheel when Bella and Edward entered the prom and he didn't smell her then?????, so why would he make the comment that the scent wasn't familiar.
2. Edward's reaction to Alice and the visitor was the culmination of frustration. Not only is Alice watching, Edward at Bella's every evening and the wolf pack around and "someone" still got by all of them and into Bella's house.
3. For the benefit of Bella they decide to work together. Edward is still flowing in character as from the beginning and wanting what is best for Bella. For Jacob it is a way for him to be the "protector" in Bella's life. They both want to prove who is best for Bella. This could have all been avoided if Bella would have just made her feelings absolutely known to Jacob. Its almost like she doesn't want to in case she needs a fall back love interest.
4. When Bella hands Edward the phone she gives him a bad look like she doesn't want him to say something harsh to Jacob. Bella has no idea still what she wants: Edward or Jacob. She wants them to be friends so she can have the best of both worlds at this point in the saga