Chapter 7 ~ Unhappy Ending

Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Oh Rosalie!
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Harper's Island. Hiding from John Wakefield and Henry Dunn.

Re: Chapter 7 ~ Unhappy Ending

Post by Oh Rosalie! »

1. What do you think about the track records Rosalie mentions, hers and the others? How many people do you think Esme has killed? Emmett? Alice?
-esme seems nice and innocent. i'm not sure if she killed people. emmett and alice, i think for self defense and for the good.

2. What do you think about Edward’s reaction to Rosalie being changed?
-edward find it very hard to accept rosalie as a family. but he did said that she may have her own path if she likes to.

3. Rosalie set out to kill the men who had harmed her. Do you think any of the Cullens helped her? How do you think Carlisle felt about her killing people?
-carlisle doesn't care how many people rosalie killed, its not like carlisle is her realy father. carlisle just wanted rosalie happy with her new life

4. What do you think about Rosalie’s reasons for disliking Bella? Do they make more sense now that you know her story?
-yes, she does miss the human life. i felt very bad about her. she may do so many stuff while she was still human, cut short. raped by her boyfriend. dropped dead on the snow
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

1. What do you think about the track records Rosalie mentions, hers and the others? How many people do you think Esme has killed? Emmett? Alice?

Well, this is hard to answer. I would say Emmett had killed quite a few just from what I've read. Midnight Sun talks about him killing a woman so we know he has killed one. I have a hard time imagining Esme killing! But from Rosalies story we know that she has. I've always wondered about Alice. I guess from the story we know that she has killed but it makes me wonder if she saw the Cullen's right after she became a vampire and so she tried to be like them or if she was like any other newborn for a while and then saw the Cullens. Hard to say.

It made sense. She was a well known girl and I'm sure she was somewhat notorious for her attitude.

3. Rosalie set out to kill the men who had harmed her. Do you think any of the Cullens helped her? How do you think Carlisle felt about her killing people?

I doubt the rest helped her with killing the men. I'm sure Carlisle didn't like it but thought that maybe she kinda had a right. I mean they did something completely evil to her. Like Edward tells Bella that he killed people who were going to hurt someone else so it was kind of justified.

4. What do you think about Rosalie’s reasons for disliking Bella? Do they make more sense now that you know her story?

Yes and no. Rosalie was used to having everyone admire her and Edward didn't but then this little human comes along and he thinks she is the best thing ever. I can understand her perspective.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
Ellie
Settled in Forks

Post by Ellie »

I don't know. I'm kind of hesitant to speculate on it.

I can see both sides too well to object. I can understand his comfort level with the family just consisting of Carlisle and Esme and himself, and his concern over Rosalie being so prominently known in the community that it might endanger them. On the other hand, it would have been nice if he'd trusted Carlisle's judgment and been more welcoming to her, especially knowing what kind of pain she was undergoing. But at least he got over his complaints quickly.

I'm not sure they helped her (would she have needed or even wanted help?), but I'm pretty sure they didn't get in her way. If Carlisle objected at all, I don't think he did so strenuously. In Rosalie's case, there's nothing that could have been done to hold her attackers legally accountable. Nobody knew what happened to her, except that she went missing during a walk home.

It's easy to understand Rosalie's disapproval of Bella's decisions, and even her vanity/jealousy thing is a forgivable character flaw. But not how she handles things. She was all in favor of simply killing Bella at the very start, because Edward's high-speed rescue of Bella in the parking lot accident might start suspicions about their family. She was ready to make her track record 8... and for what? Over a girl that Edward was falling in love with that might attract attention they could easily move away from?

Inexcusable.
*NightFire*
Settled in Forks

Post by *NightFire* »

I really liked this chapter. I love finding out the history of a character-especially a Vampire...

This was interesting-because I'd never really thought about it in detail before. I think; Esme: not that many-as she seems to be naturally good-natured, Emmett: Alot-as it would suit his full-on personality, Alice: A fair few-but maybe not too many.

I think that because he could read her thoughts & so he saw everything that she wanted out of life; Material things, marriage, children, etc, that he knew how it would affect her to realise that she had lost the possibility of most of that by being turned into a Vamp. Back then because he hadn't met Bella, he probably had a much more cynical view of any of that happening once you're a Vamp. He probably held the same view as he does now about not wishing becoming a Vamp upon anyone, & then there's the fact that she was also a well known woman aswell.

I get the feeling that she probably had to do it alone, & that all of the Cullens-especially Carlisle-greatly disapproved.

Rosalie's reasons for disliking Bella make much more sense now (although I was always sure that there must be a reason). Bella has & is everything that Rosalie wanted to have/be before it was all taken away from her in one night. On top of it all, Bella has a choice whether or not to be turned-Rosalie didn't. I don't however think that it justifies Rosalie being so hostile towards Bella & wanting to kill her(at first).
xxx Peace, Passion & Love! xxx
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. What do you think about the track records Rosalie mentions, hers and the others? How many people do you think Esme has killed? Emmett? Alice? Esme, maybe around 15 in the beginning. Emmett I could see more, maybe about 20 in the beginning. Before Alice found (or saw) the Cullens, I bet she preyed on humans so maybe around 30-40ish.

2. What do you think about Edward’s reaction to Rosalie being changed? He was probably horrified. I mean, Carlisle had him and Esme, so why would he need anyone else?

3. Rosalie set out to kill the men who had harmed her. Do you think any of the Cullens helped her? How do you think Carlisle felt about her killing people? In MS it says that Carlisle thought that Rose was making her own decision, so I guess he didn't want to force her to do anything when she had been wronged like that. I don't think the Cullens helped her though.

4. What do you think about Rosalie’s reasons for disliking Bella? Do they make more sense now that you know her story? In the beginning, it was vain and petty. I can see why she doesn't like her when she's giving up what Rose wants though. So it does make more sense.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

I really don't know. I don't think Esme could've killed many people. She was with Carlisle from the beginning so I'm sure he kept her somewhere far away from humans in the beginning. I guess she must've had some slip-ups but I really don't know how many. Same for Emmett, but I seem to remember reading in Midnight Sun that he had some more trouble with the not-killing-humans-thing then the rest of them. And Alice would depend on how long it took her to see the Cullens and find Jasper.

It made me smile. Rosalie must've been really hurt in the beginning that he wasn't more enthusiastic about her joining their little family. :)

I think she told them her plans and that they tried to talk her out of it for a while, but when they found out she wouldn't let it go, they gave in and helped her with the preparation so it wouldn't get out of hand.

Yeah, I get it now. Bella has everything Rosalie could dream of and she's just throwing it away for immortality.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
Movielover22
Settled in Forks

Post by Movielover22 »

Well Alice I'm pretty sure struggled a bit more than the others since she woke up alone. Yes, she did have her vision to guide her to the Cullens, but she didn't have anyone with her to help her along. But I think the others have just had their own little slip-ups I guess you could call them. Emmett does mention in one of Stephenie Meyer's outtakes how he had more trouble than the others as a newborn, they had to move a few times because of his lapses in control. But every so often they probably just slip, and it seems as if Rosalie is very impressed with herself for not having any of those.

It made perfect sense to me. I don't think it had anything to do with the fact that he didn't like her, I just think it was more about the fact that she was known through town, especially since her association with the Kings. There were going to be a lot of people looking for her when she went missing, it wasn't like it was with Edward. When Edward was changed, he had nobody left, Rosalie still had her family, her would-be future family, and friends all still alive, which would make it much more difficult for the Cullens to blend in, even if they left Rochester.

I don't believe that any of the other Cullens helped her with this, but I do have a different view on it after reading Midnight Sun. Carlisle mentions that he "looked the other way in Rochester," he allowed her to have her revenge on those who had wronged her. So I don't believe that any of the Cullens helped her with killing the men, but I do think they kind of silently allowed it.

It makes so much more sense after Rosalie tells her story, especially after she tells her story and she gets very passionate in telling Bella that she was throwing everything away. Rosalie has had time to look at everything in a bit more perspective than Bella has. Rosalie has had the years to think about being a vampire, and Bella is still in her teen years. Yes, it is almost a guarantee that she will still be as in love with Edward as she is now many years down the road, but Rosalie is simply asking her to look at all sides. There are so many things that, as Leah says, you don't realize you want until you can't get them. If Bella were to be changed, and then later wanted to have a baby or go back to being human, she can't, and I think the biggest thing that upsets Rosalie about Bella's decision is that Rosalie doesn't believe that Bella is truly thinking everything through the way she should.
"You held out your hand, and I took it without stopping to make sense of what I was doing. For the first time in almost a century, I felt hope." ~ Jasper Hale
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

- Being as Esme is a lot like Carlisle to me, I don't think she has killed anyone. Or if she did, only maybe a few.

- Rosalie is definitely vain, self-centered, and VERY much a snob! Edward knew better than anyone since he could read her mind. If you've read "Midnight Sun"...you will notice what I'm talking about.

- Carlisle definitely doesn't like the idea of murder of any kind, but I think he understood and let her do what she needed. As for the others, I don't think they helped her.

- She had a very "troubled" life before nearly dying and being changed into a vampire. And the Cullen family means so much to her, she doesn't want anybody or anything to come along and risk everything. She is just still getting used to Bella being around and she finally realized how much Bella means to Edward (New Moon). SO if Bella means that much to her beloved brother, then she will work on it.
BellsEdwardalways
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by BellsEdwardalways »

Let's start with Rosalie's track record. My opinion, I don't feel sorry for the guys that she killed. That being said it doesn't necessarily make it right. It just means that I feel no sympathy for such pathetic excuses for human beings. Maybe that's unfair because there isn't a whole lot to them individually but I am not interested in knowing anything more about what kind of guys they were during the day because how they treated Rose that night all drunk and crap shows me enough.

Esme now, I would guess maybe about ten people at most because if I remember correctly Rosalie said that her track record was a bit better than Esme's. I don't know that I have much of a reaction to the fact that Esme's record isn't perfect. It seems like it is a pretty hard to be "vegetarian" so, I can't be overly angry or anything. Not to mention I am a little biased you know since I like the Cullens and all.

Emmett is going to be next. I think he's definitely killed more than Esme. If I had take a guess maybe twenty people but it's possible less or even more. If his numbers are that high it still doesn't change how I feel about his character.

Alice I think probably killed quite a few humans. I mean she had absolutely no one to guide her or direct her once she was changed. So, I am guessing her numbers may be um, up there. I suppose in the hundreds possibly but I could be wrong. We have never heard her experience of her first year as a vampire and no little about her vampire life before she came to Carlisle and the family. We just know where she met Jasper and where she was changed. Of course, it matters not how many people she's killed I still love Alice. How do you not love Alice? (rhetorical question by the way) At any rate all that matters is she no longer feeds on humans.

So, obviously I am biased I love the Cullens and no matter how many humans any one of them have killed in the past will change that. I mean heck, look at all the people Jasper has killed which is too many to count but I love him anyway, I have a soft spot for him.

It seems that it was appropriate. I mean Edward doesn't seem like he would be one for a girl who is um full of herself and I don't know it was just an appropriate reaction for Edward.

No, I don't think that any of the Cullens helped her. It sounded like it was something she did on her own. I think that he may not have approved but highly doubt he felt a whole lot of pity for the guys that died. But maybe that's just me coming through again.

I think that reasons for disliking Bella are not unjustified. I mean she sees Bella deciding to become a vampire a waste of a life. A life where Bella could have all the things Rosalie wanted. Though her reasoning for not liking her in the beginning was majorily shallow. And yes her reasons make more sense knowing her story. It also, brought more understanding why she doesn't like Bella. To me it really seems like she dislikes Bells decisions more than she actually dislikes Bella. I mean she never had to go in and explain anything to Bella. To be perfectly honest I don't think most people would explain themselves like Rose did to Bella about her not liking her. In fact, people make it clear why they don't like the other person (and not always in a nice way) and that's the end of it. But Rose seemed like she cared about explaining her reasons and was not rude to Bella about it.

Okay that's it. If that made any sense at all.
http://chelseadawn.webs.com/
Banner by Kimmy. Avatar made by Narnia
Banner by threethings
runningali
Settled in Forks

Post by runningali »

Esme, likely very few...especially since she has been with Carlisle from the start of her vampire life. Emmett - lots, he's got a quick temper. Alice clearly developed a "conscious" on her own so I would imagine some at the beginning but then she quickly changed and found Carlisle and Esme.

I think it was kind of funny and made me love Edward even more! I love that he's not swayed by Rosalie's beauty - he has depth!

No, I think that Esme, Carlisle and Edward would not want any part in killing people. But recognize that she needed her retribution for that awful fiance!

It makes sense, but still seems selfish of Rosalie to me. She doesn't realize how much Bella loves Edward! She's somewhat selfaware...but ironic that she's still judging Bella.