Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
NewMillenium
Wandering Through Town

Re: The Official Twilight Soundtrack

Post by NewMillenium »

I just listened to Full Moon by Black Ghosts and loved it! I still like Leave Out All The Rest the most, but this comes close too :D I can picture it playng after Edward saves Bella. And I was really dissapointed that the trailer music was generic(Or is it? :lol: ). It really had the 'twilight' edge 8-)
WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above, as apparently my cats have learned how to type.
tearsoftopaz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by tearsoftopaz »

BroadwayAmanda93 wrote:Does anyone else think I'm weird for not wanting to hear the soundtrack before the movie comes out? I mean especially Bella's Lullaby...I think that's something that you should hear for the first time in the scene, not through a speaker. That just kinda takes the magic away from it I think. So I'm not going to get the soundtrack until after I see the movie. Anybody with me?
Okay, so i don't think i could resist from listening to the other songs on the CD, but now that you said that, i really don't want to hear the lullaby before the movie comes out. That scene is just too sweet, and while it wouldn't be totally ruined, i still want the lullaby to be a surprise :]

"Forever and forever and forever..."
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Miss Cullen »

Ok, even though I still don't think all the lyrics relate to Twilight, I have decided that I LOVE the paramore song, 'decode' :) Can't wait to hear the rest of the soundtrack.

Edited to add: Just listened to Full Moon by The Black Ghosts, love it also!
YingYangxo
Settled in Forks

Post by YingYangxo »

Hey , yeah i was also wondering about that
I LOVE decode.. but for certain lyrics cant see how it fits in with Twilight... can anyone help me with their thoughts?
lyrics like:
But you won’t take away my pride
&
I used to know you so well
?
Any thoughts to how they fit?
tearsoftopaz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by tearsoftopaz »

YingYangxo wrote:Hey , yeah i was also wondering about that
I LOVE decode.. but for certain lyrics cant see how it fits in with Twilight... can anyone help me with their thoughts?
lyrics like:
But you won’t take away my pride
&
I used to know you so well
?
Any thoughts to how they fit?
I've been thinking the same thing- I love love love it too, but I'm trying to fit the puzzle pieces together. For "i used to know you so well" i was thinking, maybe like in the beginning before she thought he was something inhuman. But my theories don't make any sense, so don't listen to me on that. Just attempting :P

But i love the lyric-
"Screaming I love you, my thoughts you can't decode"

AHH :]

"Forever and forever and forever..."
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

^^
Since i started listening to Paramore about 4 years ago, i feel obligated to help you guys out lol. Here's the thing, Paramore writes all of their music based on personal experiences. Decode was written long before they knew it was going to be on the twilight soundtrack, thus some of the lyrics don't fit. Many say that Paramore wrote the song specifically FOR twilight, but this in fact is NOT the case. I *along with many others* talked to Hayley on Paramore's livejournal about being on the Twilight soundtrack. We had all known that Hayley was reading the Twilight books (and loves them by the way) from the band's livejournal, and someone brought up how awesome it would be for Paramore to be on the soundtrack. Once saying this Hayley said something like "Oh that'd be awesome, we have the perfect song for Twilight".
Turns out that song was "Decode" and although not all the lyrics fit, the general idea of the song does. Just because it's the movie's leading single doesn't mean every single lyrics has to match the story and doesn't mean that the song was written specifically for twilight.
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
KatieCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by KatieCullen »

I'm not usually a pararmore fan, but I really love Decode. There's something kind of addictive about it and seems to fit the movie very well. I wonder where they will put Supermassive? My friends and I have this theory it will start playing whenever Rob comes onto the screen and kinda fade out after a few seconds :P
Can't wait to hear Rob's song, although I don't know whether I like his voice or not. He definitely can sing- just not my style...
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

call me crazy but i don't really like the song decode, it doesn't really fit too well with twilight and the music is blech, lol. but i've never been a paramore fan so.... yea :D
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
viokagloring
Wandering Through Town

Post by viokagloring »

im pretty excited about the soundtrack! i mean i dont listen to some of those bands. but i mean come on muse and linkin park for the soundtrack?! heck yessss!!
and the fact that paramore is on there. o. my. goodness. i flipped when i heard about it! its like my two favorite things TOGETHER! and i love decode. i cant wait for i caught myself.
and i flipped again when i heard that rob was on there writing and singing his own material. i like fainted. haha! :D
i think i might have heard bella's lullaby. its on a myspace that says its the movie soundtrack, but i dont know if its official. if it is the real song, its encredibly beautiful and sweet. i almost started crying when i firsts heard it.

gosh im so excited for this movie!

...strong emotions can alter us in permanent ways.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Go to SMs website to hear Perry Farrell's song, "Go All The Way (into the Twilight)"