Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

The Twilight Movie at the box office

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

How well do you think the movie will do at the box office? Will it set records or not?
Banner by urcoolcarrie
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: The Twilight Movie at the box office

Post by urcoolcarrie »

oh my gosh yes! it will most definitely set records!! every single movie theatre at the movies near my house is showing it opening night. like, all 20 of the theatres are doing it. and they are almost all sold out. the only tickets still available are a couple of seats on the very front row. this has never happened-even for harry potter. this is going to be epic.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Kizmet
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kizmet »

I don't know whether or not it will set records, but it will definitely earn back its entire budget easily within the first weekend.
Proud Twilighter since October 21, 2006.
switzgal

Post by switzgal »

God I hope this movie breaks records at the box office. I have a feeling the critics will not be kind.

Most movie critics are middle-aged men who will not relate to a movie about teen angst love story. Therefore I see it getting ripped in the reviews. So hopefully opening weekend (before non Twilight readers read the reviews) they get enough $$$.

I just want New Moon and Eclipse made. There are quite a few bad movies that got sequels made so I don't know if we should worry. However since Summit is small and new, I don't know if they want to risk $$$ if the movie isn't successful.
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

You know what? Who cares what the critics say, the people already commited to seeing the movie will far surpase what it took to make the movie. On that note, It will make even MORE because no Harry Potter is coming out this year so this IS what everyone is looking forward to.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
switzgal

Post by switzgal »

threethings wrote:You know what? Who cares what the critics say, the people already commited to seeing the movie will far surpase what it took to make the movie. On that note, It will make even MORE because no Harry Potter is coming out this year so this IS what everyone is looking forward to.
Yeah, I hope so. I'm just pessimistic at times.
BREATHE...
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

I kind of have a feeling that the critics won't be nice too. But I don't care. I am sure its going to be awesome and I am going to see it at least three times no matter what!

I know this movie will have a large profit margin. Since they had a smaller budget. What was the latest prediction? 50 million? Was that just for opening weekend? Its going to be one of those movies that people are going to have to see more than once because they'll miss something the first time, just like reading the book.

I would be so happy if it set records! I am not sure that it will, but that would be a major victory in the Twilight world!
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

lag28wa wrote:I kind of have a feeling that the critics won't be nice too. But I don't care. I am sure its going to be awesome and I am going to see it at least three times no matter what!
same here. but their opinion doesn't really matter to me, because one person doesn't speak for millions of people.

I am seeing it three times, opening weekend. the day it comes out, and then once on saturday and once on sunday. and i am going with my mom and younger brother the day it comes out. PLUS, i know like 8 people that have read the book and they are all planning to run to the theatre the min they get out of school. my friend, her ex and her ex's friend have read the book, they are guys. so yeah.

i think, the twilight movie will make at the very least $400 million in the box office. proberly $50 million or something opening weekend. i HOPE the make more than that. and i will be supporting the summit and the movie %100. and i will be broke after the first 2 times i see it. gotta save up money.
MagicWings
Wandering Through Town

Post by MagicWings »

Well, I was trying to think about it in terms of actual numbers...

I don't know quite how it works, but for example sake... let's say the average movie ticket in the US is $7-9. Again, for example sake... let's say Summit receives about.. $4-5 of each ticket sale. The rest goes to the theater and other companies along the way.

On the Lexicon there are 5,210 members registered...

5 * 5210 = $26,050

The production on Twilight was like 30-40 million, right? That means... if 500,000 people see it, they'll make $2,500,000...

Wow, when you think about it, A LOT of people are needed to make that...

@.@ The numbers are so large, I can't wrap my head around it! And that's assuming they even get that much to the dollar on a ticket...

I think Twilight will at least make back it's production cost though, but I don't think it's going to be a box office smash in the big picture... in the little picture, based on simple cost vs return, it'll be fine.
Anime, manga, and gamer fans wanted:
http://imagineroleplayforum.ultimarpg.net/portal.htm
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Well, I was trying to think about it in terms of actual numbers...

I don't know quite how it works, but for example sake... let's say the average movie ticket in the US is $7-9. Again, for example sake... let's say Summit receives about.. $4-5 of each ticket sale. The rest goes to the theater and other companies along the way.

On the Lexicon there are 5,210 members registered...

5 * 5210 = $26,050

The production on Twilight was like 30-40 million, right? That means... if 500,000 people see it, they'll make $2,500,000...

Wow, when you think about it, A LOT of people are needed to make that...

@.@ The numbers are so large, I can't wrap my head around it! And that's assuming they even get that much to the dollar on a ticket...
Ya, but i'm sure a lot of people aren't on the lexicon because they work.(I only hope)
Still, it's not a whole lot of money........*sigh*. Plus, i'm pretty sure ticket's are only $6.75 here in NC.

We'll get through it!

"I think Twilight will at least make back it's production cost though, but I don't think it's going to be a box office smash in the big picture... in the little picture, based on simple cost vs return, it'll be fine."
^Um, I didn't write this.........
Last edited by threethings on Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage