Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: The Twilight Movie at the box office

Post by BlueStarlight »

Well, I've seen the movie twice, and I plan to see it twice again this weekend. Every little bit helps! :lol:

Yeah, I read that EW article in the link on the NewsBlog section. I can't say staunchly that I'm worried about the NM budget right now. I feel that Catherine is justified in asking for more money because of the things needed for NM- MAJOR CGI work for the wolves' phasing; on-location in Italy would be SO nice, too; motorcycle stunts. The phasing is such a big part of the NM story, I really hope they work on it to make it look as real as they can.

I'm just ecstatic that Twilight had such a huge opening weekend and blew away the predicted figures!!
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

I am furious from reading the EW article.
If Summit really wants to give new moon a small budget, i will be furious. I mean, i tossed the "small budget" to the side when i went to watch twilight and i loved it, knowing the fianancial aspect for the movie was pretty limited. But twilight made it big and they need, no, they MUST give new moon a huge budget. and they definitely need to get a new directer. I am just miffed and jealous because the Harry Potter movies are AMAZING, so why can't the same be done for twilight? summit, you have the money now. you need to make new moon EPIC just like HBP will be. and i am even more miffed because Nickolas Cage's movie "knowing" is distrubuted by Summit and there are lots of CGI done for it.

twilight made a $103 million as of now. and it's only the first week. i am going to watch it again to get my healthy dose for the week. okay, that sentence totally implys i am addict. i am obsessed.
chichichobits
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by chichichobits »

I would think that they would new a bigger budget just for the wolves. I have seen three times in the movies and my friends are getting tired of going :lol: I need new friends ha. No but I might see it again but it would have to be by myself for the weekend. I can't get enough.
Official Robnapper Explosions Analyst ( Because Rob makes me go bang ! )
I_love_Bloodsuckers
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by I_love_Bloodsuckers »

Apparantly Summit dosen't give a damn shoot about the twilight movies. Seeing that they give so much money to others, and now they want a low budget for New Moon you say? I sure hope that's just a rumor. >.<
-Jen.n
Edward prefers BRUNETTES *Tee-hee*
"How the hell did Mike Newton end up in this conversation?" xP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwvHTfza ... re=related
Masayume
Settled in Forks

Post by Masayume »

According to that article, Summit really doesn't see a need to give New Moon a bigger budget, since they made Twilight just fine. *rolls eyes* That's pathetic. I went and saw Twilight aware of how small and limited their financial and locational resources were. That's what has allowed me to overlook much of the movie's flaws. To pull the same thing with New Moon is completely ridiculous. If they think they can make New Moon successfully on that kind of a budget, they're INSANE.

I have absolutely no issues with Catharine Hardwicke; I think she did the best job she could given the materials, time, and money she was given. Even she isn't fully happy with Twilight and I think way too many people, ignorant of the situation, are falsely blaming everything on her. Though a new screenwriter would be great. If Rob and Kristen are still awkward in New Moon I will be very unhappy. There were way too many one-liners in Twilight, where it seems like they just kind picked and chose their favorite lines and then worked around them. There was no true, natural flow to Bella and Edward.

Overall, Twilight has made tons of money in just the first week alone. They would be stupid to not try and give New Moon whatever it needed to stay true to the story. Hopefully that'll also include a new Jacob *prays*.
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

We've totally surpassed everything I expected. I thought maybe 50 million or so, but that happened like the first day! I'm amazed!
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

I wonder how it'll do this weekend. I think most U.S. girl has seen it that want to and some have seen it 3 or more times already!! So I wonder how big the drop off will be this weekend and also because of that Australia movie!
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I'm just going to say I was honestly surprised at how well it did at the Box Office. I couldn't understand what the big deal everyone was making before it was released. I guess I didn't realize how big the fanbase is! I didn't expect to make more than maybe $30 million the first weekend and it made what close to $70? And now it's made over $300 million worldwide. Which I think is just awesome! Us Twilight fans are awesome!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson