Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by -Jasper »

JessRuby wrote:Have you guys seen the DVD cover yet?

http://cdn.buzznet.com/media/jjr/headli ... er-art.jpg

I'm excited to buy it (:

Wow! It looks so cool, probably it will sell out :D
When can we buy it? I didn't even know it was out.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
Maira
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Maira »

60 DAYS!!!

I have a mental countdown going.

My mother thinks I'm insane.

I'm going to lose my obsession in a week, and, er, regain it in 50 days.
Private Aubrey Tobin in Jasper's Confederate Army.
You have to see this. *freaks*
Beep... Beep... Beep... Maira is going out of order... Bee- back eventually...
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Hi-just stumbled onto this forum!

Does anyone know where that interview was about the deleted scene from MS? I read it on a prior post and it gives me hope for the DVD!

I just the movie 2x in2 nights and I think I share the sentiments of people here that it was great to see it on the big screen, but there was just so much left out and its seemed so choppy!

I know from the Harry Potter experience why things need to be cut/rewritten, whatever, but the essence of how E and B fall in love is just lost in the movie. I did read the screenplay, and it seemed like it was there, but didn't make it to the film.
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
mandyb7
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by mandyb7 »

Another thing I noticed (especially after reading the script) and don't like, is that Bella and Edward are always mad or frustrated with each other, they rarely spend time with each other, and of the time that is spent together none of it is happy or nice and then all of sudden they confess that they love each other! And the conversation in the forest right before they admit their love ("and so the lion fell in love with the lamb") is too tense, it's like they are having a fight and Edward is so mean and harsh towards Bella. I don't like that at all.

edit: LOOK WHAT I FOUND! (sorry if it's already been posted lol)

***January 10, 2009***

I apologize for forgetting to post the DVD release date yesterday (I didn't realize that the Amazon page doesn't have the information yet). The Twilight DVD will be released on Saturday, March 21st. Although I'm sure most of you have already pre-ordered your 'Special Edition' DVD's by now, I thought I would post the special feature information that Summit sent in case you haven't seen it anywhere else yet:

SPECIAL FEATURES — DISC ONE

-Five extended scenes with director introductions
-Audio commentary (Catherine Hardwicke, Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart)
-Three music videos (Muse, Paramore, Linkin Park)

SPECIAL FEATURES — DISC TWO

-Five deleted scenes with director introductions
-Seven-part documentary: "The Adventure Begins: The Journey from Page to Screen"
-Comic-Con Phenomenon featurette
-And more!

So, if you have not pre-ordered the movie already, you can click here to do so. Have a great day — just 10 weeks left until you can watch Twilight in the comfort of your own home!

--Seth
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
WA Addict
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

mandyb7 wrote:Another thing I noticed (especially after reading the script) and don't like, is that Bella and Edward are always mad or frustrated with each other, they rarely spend time with each other, and of the time that is spent together none of it is happy or nice and then all of sudden they confess that they love each other! And the conversation in the forest right before they admit their love ("and so the lion fell in love with the lamb") is too tense, it's like they are having a fight and Edward is so mean and harsh towards Bella. I don't like that at all.

edit: LOOK WHAT I FOUND! (sorry if it's already been posted lol)

***January 10, 2009***

I apologize for forgetting to post the DVD release date yesterday (I didn't realize that the Amazon page doesn't have the information yet). The Twilight DVD will be released on Saturday, March 21st. Although I'm sure most of you have already pre-ordered your 'Special Edition' DVD's by now, I thought I would post the special feature information that Summit sent in case you haven't seen it anywhere else yet:

SPECIAL FEATURES — DISC ONE

-Five extended scenes with director introductions
-Audio commentary (Catherine Hardwicke, Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart)
-Three music videos (Muse, Paramore, Linkin Park)

SPECIAL FEATURES — DISC TWO

-Five deleted scenes with director introductions
-Seven-part documentary: "The Adventure Begins: The Journey from Page to Screen"
-Comic-Con Phenomenon featurette
-And more!

So, if you have not pre-ordered the movie already, you can click here to do so. Have a great day — just 10 weeks left until you can watch Twilight in the comfort of your own home!

--Seth

I completely second your opinion that in the movie E and B don't really seem to be happy when they're with each other. As I'm currently listening to TW, the movie never seemed to pick up on the small things between them-being hesitant to even touch each other, the vulnerability of both them, that they are happy when they are with each other. In the movie, she doesn't even really thank himfor saving her in Port Angeles, or being excited that he wants to have dinner with her. Sorry if this has been said before, but as I'm going through it again, these were the thoughts that I had. Thanks for letting me rant! :D
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
Vampire4eva

Post by Vampire4eva »

I have just come back from watching it for the second time. The first time I saw it without reading the book but after that I read it and decided to see the film again, I actually agree with what everyone has been saying about the film.

Does anyone know what that smile was about at the beginning when Edward walks into the cafteria, one minute hes walking with no expression and then he lets a sneaky smile out.
My friend enjoyed the film and is now going to buy the books...woohooo!!
shortstuff

Post by shortstuff »

Vampire4eva wrote:I have just come back from watching it for the second time. The first time I saw it without reading the book but after that I read it and decided to see the film again, I actually agree with what everyone has been saying about the film.

Does anyone know what that smile was about at the beginning when Edward walks into the cafteria, one minute hes walking with no expression and then he lets a sneaky smile out.
My friend enjoyed the film and is now going to buy the books...woohooo!!
he smiles because jessica is talking about him to bella (and he can read minds) At that moment, jessica says "he's totally gorgeous, obviously, but apparently nobody here is good enough for him.."
Vampire4eva

Post by Vampire4eva »

Ah yes got it!!!

Going to see it again tomorrow. I think its the last week its at the cinema :(
Vampire4eva

Post by Vampire4eva »

I noticed Edward smiled alot during the film as well not that i'm complaining. Did anyone notice if Bella ever smiled back?
SpiiderMonkey
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by SpiiderMonkey »

Loved the movie, just watched it for the 3rd time...

I just have a little question, I don't know if this is the right place, or if its been told already, but I was under the impression that Vampires don't bleed.. I don't know if they do and i just wasn't paying attention to that detail in the book but I always though they didn't have blood...
The reason i'm saying this is because in the fight scene in the movie, when Edward is holding James up and sort of rips off a side of his neck, it shows blood coming down james' lip, I was just wondering if anyone else noticed that, or am I losing my mind? :lol:

Thanks!
-Brittany

Edit!
Nevermind, I just thought about it and it must be the blood from bella's arm when he bites her.. yeah i'm obviously not the brightest haha.. thanks anyway :roll:
-And, by the way, I adore you...in frightening, dangerous ways.
Edward Cullen - Midnight Sun, pg 125.