Twilight Movie~ Changed/Added scenes

Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Re: Twilight Movie~ Changed/Added scenes

Post by JodeenSings »

soozabooza54 wrote:I liked that one of the links they showed close up was for Little Brown... shout out to Steph's publisher! :)
I laughed out loud in the theater when I saw Little, Brown and it was like "crickets" seriously . . . .
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

Although it would have been nice to see Alice primp on Bella, I did think it was more in Bella's character to wear a Chuck instead of a stilleto.

One of my favorite parts is when Edward smirks because he "hears" Jessica saying some thing about "I guess no one here is good enough for him." At the midnight show the crowd busted out laughing. The second time I saw it, it was like "crickets" all over again.
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

It's because the midnight show was all the peeps that had read the book so we all knew he could read minds and thought what she was saying is funny. :)

I cracked up when I saw Little Brown... I was also the tool clapping when Steph is on the screen. LOVE HER SO MUCH! :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
NessieFan
Wandering Through Town

Post by NessieFan »

I loved the Dream Sequence that Bella has of Edward biting her. That was incredibaly sexy!
From this moment on your story starts now, all that came before is prelude. Write the ending as you see it and live it, not as how the fates decide it.

soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

^Um. Yes. It makes me so excited for Breaking Dawn!!! :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
PhantasmaWolf
Learning to Love Green

Post by PhantasmaWolf »

I thought all the mentions of the pepper spray were funny. Yeah, like a can of pepper spray is going to do much good against a vampire. xD I also enjoyed the scene where they had italian music playing and were cooking italian food.
"Is she even italian?"
"Well, her name's Bella.' :lol:
amie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by amie »

If you go back to establish if it's Edward flipping the bird or doing an oh-darn snap, listen, too. I've seen it three times and each time, to me it has sounded as though whatever Rob says just then is with his british accent - I think it's an outtake they left in! The words are indistinguishable to me, but it sounds british.

I suspect the images of Carlisle changing Edward and Esme in the wards was done that way because all of the flashbacks are from Bella's point of view, not reality. She even has a brief flashback to herself falling down the stairs after the ballet studio, when she's told that's what happened, and of course we know it wasn't.

And while I missed him singing to her, too, of course, he couldn't do it, since Bella's Lullaby wasn't written yet! Until they knew for sure what music would be there, Edward couldn't sing it.

And just a thought - do you think the added bit of Alice being the one to deliver James' death blow was added for all those that say Bella is an anti-feminist character? One of the biggest complaints I've heard about the series is that Bella is a girl who always needs her boyfriend to save her, and no matter how many times it's pointed out that any human would need any vampire to save them in these situations, it still comes up. But with tiny, girly Alice being the one who kills big bad James, that's pretty clearly a girl power moment, you know?
newborn23
Settled in Forks

Post by newborn23 »

Where do I begin?

Bella did not cook a single meal the whole movie!!!! The audience does not see her develop into a independent daughter who takes care of Charlie.

"Do I dazzle you?"
"Frequently"
HOW COULD THEY LEAVE THAT OUT?

Bella fainting after their first kiss!!!

It felts as if Edward & Bella fell in love overnight, however it takes awhile.

I wish there was more scenes of Edward in her room at night.

Carlisle's office scene and his story.

Edward's Meadow!!!!!! How are they going to do New Moon without a specific beautiful meadow?

I wished they showed Edward & Bella asking each other questions!!!

And I am upset that in the hospital scene, when Edward kissed Bella on the forehead her heart didn't beat faster. That is a major part of the book how she almost faints even when Edward just touches her lightly.

One of my favorite lines, "He said you looked nice, thats practically an insult" or however Edward says it when he is mad at Jacob for coming to Prom.
in my mind Edward is my boyfriend
Alice is my best friend
Emmett is the big brother i wish i had
and Jake...
he's around if i get cold
twilighter4eva
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilighter4eva »

All funnny parts that I liked:

Mike dancing outside the window...

Charlie in general... pepper spray, gun...

I had an adreneline rush, it's very common. You can google it.

Money...sex...money...sex...cat.

these are all I can think of now!!!
"Uh, I had an adrenaline rush. It's very common. You can google it."- Edward

"How do we even know she's Italian? Her name's Bella."
PrincessSparkle84
Settled in Forks

Post by PrincessSparkle84 »

First off, I LOVED this movie! I think with the budget restraints they did an amazing job. I could go on and on about the things they did RIGHT, but since this is a thread about the changed/added scenes, I'll try to stick to that. I guess the change that I am most upset about is the fact that neither Edward nor Bella EVER says I love you to the other. Seriously how could that get left out? I know it is implied, but it is so important to see them each say it for the first time. I was very disappointed in that omission. Really it would have taken only seconds to add that in there...