Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CullenByAssociation
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight Movie~ Changed/Added scenes

Post by CullenByAssociation »

i honestly LOVED the movie! obviously, not as good (or detailed) as the book, but with the budget and time limits that come with movies, I think they did a pretty kick-a$$ job! :)

Like many of ya, i wish the meadow scene had been more true to "edward's meadow" in the book... and i definitely would've liked to have seen more of the dialogue between edward and bella like it was in the book. I missed the "do i dazzle you" too - and I also thought that they would have included Edward's comment to Bella about it being "twilight".

But I loved the meet-the-cullens scene with them cooking and meeting Bella -it definitely defined the basics of each of them: Emmett making jokes, Rosalie being a pain, Carlisle and Esme being so welcoming, Jasper being cautious, and Alice being so sweet and energetic.

The fight with James was awesome too, since we got to see it played out - and being an Alice fan I loved seeing her do her part to finish him off! ;)

And the "1st-night-I-dreamed-of-Edward-Cullen" scene, when Bella woke up and saw him standing in the corner and then he "disappeared" when she turned on the light - gave me goosebumps

All-in-all, i'm pleased by the movie adaptation - saw it twice already and i KNOW i'll be seeing it again! :D hope they make the other ones quick!!
rapidheartbeat<3twi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by rapidheartbeat<3twi »

notATeenAnymore, you're right! That was my problem with Edward sucking out the venom. He was getting carried away, where as in the book, that doesn't happen. I just didn't like it!
"If you're going to have a lapse in control, I can think of a better place for it."-Bella-Eclipse
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

okay so i sort of keep changing my mind...
while i love all the added things.

i really really really miss conversations
i re-read twilight yesterday.. litterally in a day.
and i really missed the conversation at the lunch table-
the conversations in the meadow the way it should have gone.
him explaining the drug addiction thing.
the conversations in her bedroom the first time he stayed with her..
and the next morning.

i miss the conversations PERIOD. and i am rather pissed that nearly NONE of them were really included.
I loved the movie for it what it was- i just miss the convos bella and edward had that i feel DEFINED there love.

and wait a second... where in the book does it say that edward DIDN't get carried away?? Bella was pretty much in and out of consciousness the whole time- we were lucky to even get a fight scene yeah? and remember Rob did get input about Edward from SM herself... but i do think his face was well FUNNY when it shouldn't have been.
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Yeah... I think that Edward could have very easily gotten carried away... so I think the movie stays true to that...
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I think one of the scenes that really bothered me was when Edward showed Bella what happens to them when the are in the sunlight.

It was just like "BAM" shirt open and there you have it. Not like in the book where he broaches the subject more slowly and with a little more apprehension.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

In support of the movie, I have to say, if there was too much conversation the movie would drag on and get boring. Maybe not to you and me, but to any average non twi-hard fan. The voice overs bugged me because there were so many of them. I also understood they were important to tell the story.

I won't read a book a month or more before and after the movie or I will pick it apart. Jumping around the in the trees was not in the book but I loved it. It showed the power of the vampire and where they live, the strength and agility and not a word had to be said.

LOL Rob with his shirt open. I bet they made him do that so that they could show more glitter on the skin, as it was quite a subtle effect. I noticed that his hairy boddy as burred out by the glitter.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

spookybell wrote: I noticed that his hairy boddy as burred out by the glitter.

LMAO.."his hairy body". For some reason I completely busted out laughing when I read this! I have no clue what is wrong with me sometimes.
Heart Song
Wandering Through Town

Post by Heart Song »

G-Faerie08 wrote:
spookybell wrote: I noticed that his hairy boddy as burred out by the glitter.

LMAO.."his hairy body". For some reason I completely busted out laughing when I read this! I have no clue what is wrong with me sometimes.
Nothing is wrong with you G-Faerie08, it was funny.

First let me say that I very much enjoyed the movie overall. The scenes and story may have been changed in places but the heart still beat true.

I agree with many of the meadow comments so I'll refrain from saying more.

Two scenes have nearly driven me to insanity for how wrong they were however. Carlisle would not have bitten Edward or Esme in the hospital wards. How disturbing would that be for the other patients? Oh, here comes doctor vampire to bite my neck!

Esme was so far gone she was taken directly to the morgue. Maybe Carlisle would have bitten her there because he would have lost her if he waited but it seems unlikely that she ever got assigned to a bed.

Edward would have been in a ward with several other patients. His mother's bed was next to his for heavens sake. Carlisle knew that Edward had at least a few hours of life remaining. He spirited Edward out of the hospital and bit him in another location, possibly his home.

I've got more gripes but I'll be here all night if I start into them so I'll mention a praise.

I LOVED Edward's expression the first morning he drove Bella to school. He was so radiantly happy.
banner by the lovely ~ouisa~ adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis

Twilight Stories and Host Stories
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Heart Song wrote:
Two scenes have nearly driven me to insanity for how wrong they were however. Carlisle would not have bitten Edward or Esme in the hospital wards. How disturbing would that be for the other patients? Oh, here comes doctor vampire to bite my neck!

Esme was so far gone she was taken directly to the morgue. Maybe Carlisle would have bitten her there because he would have lost her if he waited but it seems unlikely that she ever got assigned to a bed.

Edward would have been in a ward with several other patients. His mother's bed was next to his for heavens sake. Carlisle knew that Edward had at least a few hours of life remaining. He spirited Edward out of the hospital and bit him in another location, possibly his home.
I'm the movie protector police! I can't help myself. I agree with the Carslisle biting on the nexk. So wrong to us fans. We know better. However, they accomplised 4 things in these brief scenes.... #1 Told the general audience (those not obsessed with the books or even having read them) that Carslise turned Edward. #2 Told general audience that Carslile chaned Esme. #3 told the general sundiene both were ill and in a hospital for some reason (ie... not bitten out of need to bite... #4 The audience is familiar with typical vampire bites and fangs etc, so they don't know How Stephenies vampire infect with venom & have no fangs.

To condence what could be a 12 hour movie... the movie has to tell the Major story. Unfortuantly, Edwards mother does nothing to move the plot point along and without her in the film, it does not change the story whatsoever.

okay, okay, forgive me. I was a film school student for many years and worked in film. Did i mention that I hated it after I finally graduated???? Jaded by the dang industry.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

^Agreed. The name of the game for adaptations is to get across the most amount of information in the least amount of time visually. :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/