Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Re: Twilight Movie~Actors' Performances

Post by nafereti »

lovemotherhood wrote:I was curious if anyone else noticed Stephenie Meyer in one of the diner scenes? In the scene after Charlie finds Victoria's foot print, and then mike tells Bella he doesn't like her seeing Edward, Bella walks into the diner and the waitress hands Stephenie a plate at the bar. She is sitting there with a menu or something. And I'm certain the waitress used her first name. I thought that was pretty cool. I guess I could be mistaken but I was pretty sure, but then again it was very quick.

If someone else already mentioned it sorry, I didn't have time to read through all of the replies. Also, I hope I put this is the right place . . . I'm new.

Loved movie, love books, can't wait for more!
Oh yeah, I saw her too. Me and my sister were the only ones cheering for her in the movies...LOL
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
Rob
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Rob »

nafereti wrote:
lovemotherhood wrote:I was curious if anyone else noticed Stephenie Meyer in one of the diner scenes? In the scene after Charlie finds Victoria's foot print, and then mike tells Bella he doesn't like her seeing Edward, Bella walks into the diner and the waitress hands Stephenie a plate at the bar. She is sitting there with a menu or something. And I'm certain the waitress used her first name. I thought that was pretty cool. I guess I could be mistaken but I was pretty sure, but then again it was very quick.

If someone else already mentioned it sorry, I didn't have time to read through all of the replies. Also, I hope I put this is the right place . . . I'm new.

Loved movie, love books, can't wait for more!
Oh yeah, I saw her too. Me and my sister were the only ones cheering for her in the movies...LOL
It was a bit... well ostentatious :)
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31
amie

Post by amie »

I wouldn't call it ostentatious. Stan Lee is in every comic book movie on the planet. It's a little nod to the authors, and a little bit of an inside joke. I actually liked that it wasn't a cheesy character (like the little ones Lee plays, some guy who almost gets hit or has one tiny line here or there). The waitress handed her a salad and said "here you go Stephanie" as part of an establishing shot that they're in the diner now. It certainly could have been less subtle, but it wasn't "let's give the author a one-liner" either, so it could have been far worse. *shrugs*
Rob

Post by Rob »

amie wrote:I wouldn't call it ostentatious. Stan Lee is in every comic book movie on the planet. It's a little nod to the authors, and a little bit of an inside joke. I actually liked that it wasn't a cheesy character (like the little ones Lee plays, some guy who almost gets hit or has one tiny line here or there). The waitress handed her a salad and said "here you go Stephanie" as part of an establishing shot that they're in the diner now. It certainly could have been less subtle, but it wasn't "let's give the author a one-liner" either, so it could have been far worse. *shrugs*
Thats what i meant, it was very... not subtle.
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31
everlong
Learning to Love Green

Post by everlong »

Edward - Beautiful smiles make me swoon, but he acting and lines wernt done very well. He looked stupid most of the time, no wonder people were laughing. People say he was showing his awkardness but i hope next movie he'll be acting a bit more smooth.

Bella - WAY WAY WAY much better than i ever expected. She really is a great Bella. I hated her before i saw the movie but she was really great.

Jacob - awww cutie even with a wig. I loved his glare and cannot wait to see how he goes with New Moon

Carlisle - Wonderful

Esme - Meh

Rosalie - I think they could of chosen a much better Rosalie, but she played her well.

Jasper - *dies* He hardly didnt get any lines, but damn can he make my heart flutter in his sexy edward scissor hands type persona.

Alice - not as cherpy and bubbly as i would of hoped. But i loved her kicks in the baseball scene :)

Emmet - I wish he had more lines, but hes THE perfect emmet.

Victoria - Great at the end

James - Does great weird faces haha

Laurent - very classy and smooth, i dug it.

Eric - Wow who knew eric would be so in it? He was great!

Mike - awwwwww mike, he was fabulous.

Angela - Too talkative for angela.

Jessica - A different Jessica than i imagined but it fit well

Charlie - one of my favourite people in the movie, he was AMAZING!!
AliceLove
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by AliceLove »

Edward - he looks awesome, but he seemed kinda awkward and uncomfortable during the movie, and it didn't really sound like he was madly in love while at the same time trying to refrain from killing people

Bella - she wasn't bad, it was just she talked in a sorta monotone, and never really showed too much happiness...

The Cullens - i think they fit the part, but they didn't get all that many lines. i really loved everyone in the baseball scene, that was amazing.

The Forks Kids - They were pretty cool. Angela didn't seem as shy though, and Jessica was... interesting. I loved how Eric was so... haha.

Jake - i loved him, though his "long hair" was sorta weird. wish he had more scenes, but wait till new moon... :D

Thanks ilovetwilight!
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Sorry about this, but I think Jackson Rathbone and Ashley Green make the best looking couple. I mean when I watch them together they really look like they enjoy each others company. I wonder if they are together/dating in real life. Just a thought. :)

Anyone know?
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
everlong
Learning to Love Green

Post by everlong »

Yeah they always look like they like each other irl :)

i would be so happy if they were!
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

amie wrote:I wouldn't call it ostentatious. Stan Lee is in every comic book movie on the planet. It's a little nod to the authors, and a little bit of an inside joke. I actually liked that it wasn't a cheesy character (like the little ones Lee plays, some guy who almost gets hit or has one tiny line here or there). The waitress handed her a salad and said "here you go Stephanie" as part of an establishing shot that they're in the diner now. It certainly could have been less subtle, but it wasn't "let's give the author a one-liner" either, so it could have been far worse. *shrugs*
Peter Jackson was in The Two Towers at Helm's Deep - he was one of the soldiers up on the wall and he was also on one of the boats in Return of The King. He was the one that got hit with the arrow from Legalos when Gimli tipped it. Remember?

It did not bother me that SM was in the movie, she really did not do anything other than play on her laptop and smile at the waitress. That's fine. :|
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

I could sit and list all the characters, but then again, all I'd be repeating is "perfect" over and over and over again. :) I loved everyone.
Just a couple detailed takes on the characters...
Edward-despite what people say, I think Rob played him PERFECTLY!! I think he got the Edward-hates-himself thing down. He realized how Edward had to be played, and did it beautifuly. Nobody could have pulled that off they way Rob did. :)
Bella-I always loved her as Bella. From the first released picture of her to the last scene of the movie, she was Bella. Brilliantly done. :)
Emmett-he got minimal lines, but was he great or what?! I wish we would have seen more of him. Kellan IS Emmett. :)

Like I said, the other actors did great. I loved Nikki as Rosalie. I became very confident with Jasper when I saw him-hair done well-in the cafeteria scene. Peter pulled Carlisle off nicely. Esme only got like, 2 scenes, but I see no faults. Ashley played the pixie I wanted Alice to be, and even Jake wasn't half bad. His hair is a bit iffy, but otherwise very nice.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin