If there is an Eclipse...

Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward
Posts: 2811
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:20 pm
Location: england

Re: If there is an Eclipse...

Post by love_is_noise » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:43 am

sarah! wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:
who_needs_fangs? wrote:I may be alone in this, but one of, perhaps THE, best aspects of Eclipse was all the backstory we learned. Also, Summit seems to be more about the quantity of the cash than the quality of the movie, Jasper has a very large fan-base, so people would not be happy to see his moment in the spotlight taken away from him. I know I wouldn't... *grabs pitchforks and torches just in case*
Who_Needs_Fangs, I am with you, carrying my own torch and pitchfork. I will be one pissed puppy of they do not include Jazz's and Rose's backstories. I think Jazz's is so important to the action in Eclipse. They could easily pawn off the dialogue to someone else. But, they absolutely should not. And, I agree with DebussyGirl that there isn't anyway they can pull off a believeable story for Breaking Dawn without Rose's backstory. Though, as I said, they could insert that in BD and get away with that as long as they tell it.

I agree.
Jasper's fanbase is huge and they are going to make alot of people angry if they cut out his part to shine.
especcialy since they forgot to mention his power...and in the bsaeball scene they left out his arm scars,even though his sleevs were short!
i think they owe it to all us twilight fans to be truthful and honest to the characters and SM's work
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Image
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer

FindYourTrueCalling
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:49 pm
Location: London

Re: If there is an Eclipse...

Post by FindYourTrueCalling » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:23 pm

love_is_noise wrote:
sarah! wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:
who_needs_fangs? wrote:I may be alone in this, but one of, perhaps THE, best aspects of Eclipse was all the backstory we learned. Also, Summit seems to be more about the quantity of the cash than the quality of the movie, Jasper has a very large fan-base, so people would not be happy to see his moment in the spotlight taken away from him. I know I wouldn't... *grabs pitchforks and torches just in case*
Who_Needs_Fangs, I am with you, carrying my own torch and pitchfork. I will be one pissed puppy of they do not include Jazz's and Rose's backstories. I think Jazz's is so important to the action in Eclipse. They could easily pawn off the dialogue to someone else. But, they absolutely should not. And, I agree with DebussyGirl that there isn't anyway they can pull off a believeable story for Breaking Dawn without Rose's backstory. Though, as I said, they could insert that in BD and get away with that as long as they tell it.

I agree.
Jasper's fanbase is huge and they are going to make alot of people angry if they cut out his part to shine.
especcialy since they forgot to mention his power...and in the bsaeball scene they left out his arm scars,even though his sleevs were short!
i think they owe it to all us twilight fans to be truthful and honest to the characters and SM's work
Absolutely, I dont know about the rest of you, but Jaspers,Rosalie and Emmett's stories are some of the best parts in Eclipse. If they don't make Eclipse, my god, the fans are gonna protest. They have to finish the series otherwise the first two movies were made for no reason, if their not gonna give a conclusion to us.
ImageImage
Image
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.

debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies
Posts: 6978
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:10 pm
Location: preparing for next winter
Contact:

Re: If there is an Eclipse...

Post by debussygirl » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:57 am

^^Summit already has the rights to EC. It's going to happen. The release date for it is June 20, 2010
Image
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com

DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Posts: 11483
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:20 pm
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE
Contact:

Re: If there is an Eclipse...

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:56 am

yeah i heard that too, but they arent filming new moon and eclipse back to back?
they should cause the faster they get the movies out the more the actors look like they did in twilight!
we dont want them agin right?
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Image
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake

FindYourTrueCalling
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:49 pm
Location: London

Re: If there is an Eclipse...

Post by FindYourTrueCalling » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:36 am

DunnerheartsTwilight wrote:yeah i heard that too, but they arent filming new moon and eclipse back to back?
they should cause the faster they get the movies out the more the actors look like they did in twilight!
we dont want them agin right?
Yeah I heard that too.
They are gonna wanna get them filmed faster I guess, while the Twilight mania is still here.
ImageImage
Image
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.

redlulu
Settled in Forks
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:12 pm
Location: California

Re: If there is an Eclipse...

Post by redlulu » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:47 pm

I read somewhere that they were going to try and start Eclipse 8 weeks after the finish New Moon. But who know I no Summit bought the rights and they have already started writing the script. This is some of the stuff I have read...

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/twilight ... ease-date/

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800 ... id=13&cs=1

http://www.summit-ent.com/
Image

maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk
Posts: 3571
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:25 pm
Location: Looking for Taylor Lautner!

Re: If there is an Eclipse...

Post by maddy<3twilight » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:32 pm

I heard they were filming it back to back and that Eclipse is coming out in July 2010....
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
Image

Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle
Posts: 2723
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:43 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: If there is an Eclipse...

Post by Jadey » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:47 pm

I heard

-Films NM-

8 week break

-Films Eclipse-

Promote NM, Christmas, Few months Holiday.

-Films Breaking Dawn-

But nothing is official


UPDATE: David Slade is the Director of Eclipse.

I love Chris, but I know he doesn't have time for Eclipse. And David will hopefully do an awesome fight scene. So.. i dunno..
Image
^ by ForJazz
Image
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart

Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire
Posts: 1890
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:40 pm
Location: Norway.

Re: If there is an Eclipse...

Post by Dovrebanen » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:17 am

Jadey wrote: UPDATE: David Slade is the Director of Eclipse.

I love Chris, but I know he doesn't have time for Eclipse. And David will hopefully do an awesome fight scene. So.. i dunno..
I must be a bit on the slow side :) since I have actually never heard of the guy. I checked him out on imdb.com. Never seen anything he's made. So I have no idea what to expect. But that might be good. Really don't know what to think about him.
Image
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~

sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Posts: 9447
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:03 pm
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!
Contact:

Re: If there is an Eclipse...

Post by sarah! » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:15 pm

can't wait for Eclipse.
Jenna got the release date correct. :)
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!

Post Reply