Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Sykes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Twilight the Movie ~ I liked it!

Post by Sykes »

Even though it wasn't great, I still find it oddly addictive lol
That and Mr.Banner reminds me so much of my science teacher O.O no really I'm serious its freaky, their personalities are some much alike, but they looked completely different
I.heart.Christopher.Drew<3
'cause if you jump I will jump too, we will fall together, from the building's ledge never looking back at what we've done, we'll say it was love, cause I would die for you on skyway avenue'
- We The Kings
TNO
Wandering Through Town

Post by TNO »

Personally, I liked the movie better than I did the books. It had it's face-palm cheesy moments, of course, but I think the trees more than made up for it.
Seriously. The set was gorgeous, although the weird blue filter was out-of-place and annoying.

I think the movie did suffer from its being rushed out so quickly. In several scenes, the vampire's wires were visible (particularly Robs, in the scene where he's climbing trees for some random reason). The blurry-slow-motion-super-fast vampire! thing was kind of... odd, shall we say? Several of the minor lines were obviously incorrect ("ah! Kristen! Help!" anyone?) and several major lines, such as the famous "lion fell in love with the lamb" line were rushed and slurred together. Personally, I think Pattison and Stewart's open dislike of the series may have had something to do with this.
That being said, I think both of the main actors did an excellent job portraying the characters, Stewart especially. Movie-Bella actually does seem shy and awkward, as opposed to Book-Bella who, to me anyway, just seemed whiny. Movie-Edward was even almost relatable in his awkwardness, though, quite frankly, Pattison looks both revolting and creepy with the white paste all over his face, the greasy hair, and the lipstick.
The villains were introduced much earlier in the plot line, which was nice, mostly because I have a fetish for villains.
Overall the cinematography was decent- not great, and the blue filter was terrible- and relatively without flaws (I did not, for example, ever see the boom drop in from the top of the screen). I thought the soundtrack was oddly disjointed and out-of-place for most of the scenes, however.
I also did not like Stephenie Meyer's cameo. She blocked out the main characters, and the camera angle made her look much, much larger than she really is (don't get me wrong, I think Meyer's actually quite pretty. The angle was just supremely unflattering). It seemed very contrived and ego-stroking to me.
The movie left out or rushed several important points from the book; Jasper's power is not mentioned at all. The last few scenes with James are mashed together into a confusing thirty minutes or so, the sort of thing that leaves people who haven't read the books at a definite disadvantage. I think, also, that by cutting out much of Bella's monologuing, whining, and obsessing about Edward, the screenwriters showed Bella and Edward's relationship for what it was: incredibly fast, hardly any conversation, and based mostly on looks and a handful of interviews with each other. A lot of fans, from what I've seen, don't like this. It also makes the whole I've-been-watching-you-sleep thing seem creepier.

My overall impression of the movie? I enjoyed watching it with my free movie perks (cinema jobs are a wonderful thing), but it's not the sort of thing I would shell out nine bucks for, much less the exorbitant amount of money they're asking for the DVD now. Still, if you're a fan of Twilight I would certainly recommend it, if you can stomach the sight of Pattison's hair.
despoina92
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by despoina92 »

I likes the movie yesterday for the forth time (today was the fifth). When I first show it in the cinema, I didn't know anything about the books and I found it oddly captivating. I was opposed to best-sellers and blockbusters, but it made me ask to read the books immidiately! The second and the third time I saw them I was quite critical and I almost hated it. But now that I saw it again, I have to say that I really liked it. I found Pattinson's portraying of Edward very close to the character, he is the ideal Edward for me. The others are quite good, too. I just couldn't take my eyes off of the screen the entire time. I was in that universe. I cannot explain why I ended up liking it that much, but I almost adore it.
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

If you liked the movie, you might like this:
http://projects.ajc.com/gallery/view/tr ... ie-cruise/
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

The Twilight cruise is sold out.
Trust me, we have tried.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
lionandxthelamb
Settled in Forks

Post by lionandxthelamb »

I love twilight! I watched the movie 46 times exactly. I plan on watching it 100 times before New Moon comes out. It's soo good. I think the movies soundtrack was amazing i have every song saved. the chemisty between robert pattinson and kristen stewart was incredible. it makes me jealous almost -.-
I cant wait for new moon hoping it will seriously top the twilight movie. i think it would be hard to do without edward there though.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Okay so I'm bumping this thread from months ago but i had no where else to put it. I'm visiting my best friend and his girlfriend and they saw my Jacob wallpaper on my laptop and jokingly my best friend put on Twilight. Yeah, I started reciting the movie word for word and freaked them both out.

<3 <3 <3 <3
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Why are there only 14 pages in this board???? are there no more people around here who liked it....
:evil:

I admit I watched the movie before reading the books... in holland the books weren't available then and there weren't much people how had heard of it...
I watched the movie 5 times the first week... I really loved it...
I ordered the books the same day... if the movie was good the books had to be better...

And I must say, again thats true... I feel a lot of the things that made the books funny and attractive were left out.
So i loved the movie but I can't agree on the script...

Rob as edward... WOW I just can't wait to see more...
Kristen as Bella was dead on... I think the negative things everybody writes about her acting was caused by the script because she is really good...

Billy Burke as Charlie... so funny, so good...

the Cullens, were beautiful... at first I didn't know if i liked Jaspers hairdo...A bit to wild for me, and I didn't like Nikky as Rosalie as beautiful Nikky she didn;t look like a vampire. After reading the book I understood that they were trying to create a classic beauty... Nikky is too modern for that... but still it not her fault... more the make up and hair do department...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

As I've repeatedly said, I adored this film. I always felt that an "indie" feel would suit Twilight, and I was personally correct: Hardwicke did a sensational job. Considering their budget, they made this film look as impressive as possible. Yes, some of the effects weren't technically immaculate, but they did a commendable job with their limitations. I *loved* the music in the film, particularly the song that was playing during the prom dancing scene. Yes, it could have been longer, but it was a faithful adaptation for a two hour movie. They covered all of the major events without being bogged down by scenes that weren't necessarily needed for an adaptation. This film had a budget that was quite low by mainstream Hollywood standards, and it still had a distinct look. Some of the aerial shots were breathtaking, particularly with the trees.

Some questioned Stewart's acting, but I loved how genuine she seemed as Bella. It was quite excellent. I wholeheartedly approve of Rob, as well. Some of the shots with him were beautifully lit, and he had the necessary charisma. I can't wait to see New Moon in a few weeks.
WolfGirl22
Settled in Forks

Post by WolfGirl22 »

Loved it! Especially most of the second half. The "high-schooly" parts earlier in the movie were kind of annoying. I am especially looking forward to the new movie because I think there will be less of that. It looks like its going to be more dark and intense!