Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mish241091
Settled in Forks

Re: Favorite Scenes

Post by mish241091 »

Hey There Elizah wrote:
mish241091 wrote:And ofcourse there has to be the baseball game, I love how it brings all the Cullens together and it's a fun scene until its ruined by James.
Yes but without James showing up we wouldn't have gotten to hear Jasper say, "Oh I think we can handle that."
*drool**melts*
And thats a very good point you have just made.
I can feel what you’re feeling now — and you are worth it. - Jasper Hale

Who’s afraid of the big, bad wolf? - Jacob Black
katiekat
Settled in Forks

Post by katiekat »

Fave scenes:

Cafeteria scene where the Cullens are introduced - love the smile from Edward at what Jessica says about him **sigh**
When Mike is asking Bella to the prom and Edward is giving her the staredown in the parking lot **swoon**
Edward saving Bella from the van and in Port Angeles **dies**
Dinner at the Italian restaurant - "I don't have the strength to stay away from you anymore" **faints**
The kiss scene when Edward loses control for 1.548 seconds **sticks head in the freezer**
Baseball scene rocked - Muse song PERFECT - "C'mon, babe it's only a game!" HILARIOUS

Totally loved the movie - strange how my fave parts of the movie were not my fave part of the books. Loved, loved, loved Bella's human friends and Charlie. Also, loved the ballet scene where Edward is sucking the venom from her hand with "Let Me Sign" playing and the montage.
I thought I’d explained it clearly before. Bella, I can’t live in a world where you don’t exist.
Rob
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Rob »

katiekat wrote:Fave scenes:

Cafeteria scene where the Cullens are introduced - love the smile from Edward at what Jessica says about him **sigh**
When Mike is asking Bella to the prom and Edward is giving her the staredown in the parking lot **swoon**
Edward saving Bella from the van and in Port Angeles **dies**
Dinner at the Italian restaurant - "I don't have the strength to stay away from you anymore" **faints**
The kiss scene when Edward loses control for 1.548 seconds **sticks head in the freezer**
Baseball scene rocked - Muse song PERFECT - "C'mon, babe it's only a game!" HILARIOUS

Totally loved the movie - strange how my fave parts of the movie were not my fave part of the books. Loved, loved, loved Bella's human friends and Charlie. Also, loved the ballet scene where Edward is sucking the venom from her hand with "Let Me Sign" playing and the montage.
Totally agree with how my favorite parts of the movie were different than the book. I think it just has to do with the way in which they are presented.
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31
brunetterebel010
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by brunetterebel010 »

mish241091 wrote:
Hey There Elizah wrote:
mish241091 wrote:And ofcourse there has to be the baseball game, I love how it brings all the Cullens together and it's a fun scene until its ruined by James.
Yes but without James showing up we wouldn't have gotten to hear Jasper say, "Oh I think we can handle that."
*drool**melts*
And thats a very good point you have just made.
amen! god I love Jasper... he is like ultimate sexy, don't shoot me, but I like him way better than edward, books and movie, (but i still love edward)
Backhoe Trainee EDC. Inc.
Check out my book! Something Darker http://inkpop.com/projects/71416/something-darker/

Banner by jrsygurl!
brunetterebel010
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by brunetterebel010 »

G-Faerie08 wrote:
brunetterebel010 wrote:Yeah, I want one (avatar) with the bat twirling. i know guys who can do that stuff with rifles, but jasper and the bat is SOOO much hotter...

I forgot one favorite part, when bella is confronting edward, and hes crouched in the tree leaning down, and she crawls up and like pushes him back against the tree... a little too bold for bella but i LOVED it....
Yeah. That scene was pretty hot..I also like when he has her backed up against the rock..

Also..My favorite scene as many have already mentioned was definitely the baseball scene. I never thought of Jasper in the books that much, but when the baseball scene came around I was like drooling in my popcorn bag. Same with Emmett too..
Jasper has always been my favorite.. I'm so glad they didn't screw him up.:)
and yeah, Emmett just gets better and better everytime he shows up somewhere else :)
Backhoe Trainee EDC. Inc.
Check out my book! Something Darker http://inkpop.com/projects/71416/something-darker/

Banner by jrsygurl!
newborn23
Settled in Forks

Post by newborn23 »

Did anyone notice that the scene in the cafeteria where Bella is at the salad bar and Edward comes up and says hello (soooo sexy sounding) and she drops her apple and Edward catches it and his hands are positioned just like the cover of twilight?! maybe i am a freak for noticing this but i did : )

my favorite line from the book was:
"i had an adreneline rush, its very common, you can google it"
or
"yes, no, to get to the other side, 1.772...."
in my mind Edward is my boyfriend
Alice is my best friend
Emmett is the big brother i wish i had
and Jake...
he's around if i get cold
BeautifullyTragic
Settled in Forks

Post by BeautifullyTragic »

I'd have to say that the baseball scene ranks up there as one of my favorites. As so many of you agree, it was very well placed. The music, the Cullens, everything fit just right. I loved it! I also really liked the added Cullen Cooking scene, great chemistry between all of them, Alice's intro was amazing. Ashley did a fabulous job portraying our beloved Alice.

I loved all the Charlie scenes, the gun and the pepper spray! Oh man.

And of course all of Bella and Edward's scenes. The kiss of course. *swoon*

And the ending was just really fantastic, I loved how it ended with Victoria looking to get some revenge. It was an amazing ending that leads directly into New Moon. Fabulous!

I cannot wait until New Moon comes out, it'll be great!

And as a side note, I really didn't think that Jasper could make me melt like he did. >.>; I'm an Edward girl all the way.. But ho boy Jackson is HOT!

The Forbidden Fruit Always Tastes The Sweetest...
bredazzled
Settled in Forks

Post by bredazzled »

I saw the movie twice, and the first time I giggled through most of it while my sister just sighed and whispered "bite me" over and over and over. But anyway, I LOVED when they were standing in the trees, they just looked so in love, and when it merged into the scene of him playing the piano (that lullaby is BEAUTIFUL) I wanted to cry. Robert looked so intense and gorgeous playing that piano. The fist time I watched the movie, I liked the baseball scene, but it kind of just slipped my mind until I saw it the second time, and realized that Jasper was a hottie (I probably missed it the first time because my sister and I kept joking about how Jasper looked like something had crawled up his...well you know) . I also love Alice, I like how the actress portrays her. I hope to see much more of her. The kissing scene was great. Bella looked like she wanted to take Edward down lol. LOVED IT.
Alison
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Alison »

I know a few people already mentioned it, but my favorite scene was when Edward and Bella arrived at school together. Edward in those sunglasses! I could not contain myself during that scene. I loved that he was smiling and cocky and just more alive than he had been prior to Bella's involvement in his life.

I did like the introduction of the Cullens' during the lunch scene. I didn't even make the connection to Edward's smile as Jessica introduced him. I mean, I saw the smile, but I didn't make the connection that Edward was reading her mind.

On first viewing, I was so disappointed with the movie, and yet, I had such a strong desire to go see it again. I know, a walking contradiction. But after the second viewing, I really fell in love with the movie. The acting wasn't spectacular in my eyes, but it got the job done. I kind of wish they developed Edward and Bella's relationship a bit more. I felt like they had two tiny conversations, and then Edward was declaring, "You are my life now." It's all very sweet, but for someone who maybe hadn't read the books, the relationship may not have seemed as strong as it truly is.

There was definitely chemistry between Bella and Edward during the kiss scene (WOW!), but I felt like their conversations together were really awkward. I felt uncomfortable watching them talk to each other. The faces Edward was making had me laughing out loud during the first view of the movie. He was trying too hard to look...I don't even know what he was going for, but it end up making him look like he had to go to the bathroom. He was so much more appealing when he dropped his guard and smiled for once.

I promise, I do love the movie, but it wasn't perfect. I almost wish the movie was 8 hours long so that they could incorporate every book detail, because some of the things they cut were vital to story, in my eyes.
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
togetha4eva
Settled in Forks

Post by togetha4eva »

loved it all. overall it was amazing! great job. sure, there were parts that i really missed or was sad that they were changed so drastically, but it was great! my favorite scene would have to be the kissing scene. it went up and above all my imaginings. so hot.

did anyone else catch stephenie meyers appearance in the movie besides me? when charlie and bella are at the resturant after the hunting party found victorias footprint? stephenie is completely sitting at the counter on her laptop. i jumped. lol.

but back to scenes, at first i hated jasper because he was TOO creepy for me, but after the baseball scene he loosened up a bit and i thought he was adorable.

what was up with edwards sparkle?? it more looked like he was sweaty and the sun was hitting him wierd. ugh. i did not like.