Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by marielle »

- emmet waving with the knife was really funny.

- also Charlie... When Bella tells him edward wants to introduce himself he snaps the gun, when he says bring him in, and then when bella leaves he eyes at the bullets (shotgun bullets) counting how many try's he's got... so funny... :lol:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

theotherStephanie wrote:Re while Bella is injured in the hospital, there is a book on the bedside tray stand, but to my eye it's not a Twilight saga book. In looking closely, the bottom half of the cover is a light color, not matching any of the actual Twilight books. And in the shotgun scene and the mention of a possible Twilight book in the background, I couldn't find one there, either. There's what looks like a book in the upper left of the glass front bookcase that has a red blotch on it (like the Twilight cover), but it's too blurry for me to make out.
ha, that would be funny.
theotherStephanie wrote:Re during the hospital scene where Edward tells Bella she has to go to Jacksonville, why, oh why is there not a beeping monitor in the background that goes wild??? What a wasted opportunity to tie into the crazy heart rhythm referred to repeatedly in the books!! :?
actually, I think they did mention that when the nurse came in after Edward was kissing her... she said not to 'excite' her.
theotherStephanie wrote:Re during phone call between James and Bella, when James is pictured, on the left there is what looks like a picture of young Bella on a ballet studio flyer.
that was supposed to mean James was in her old house in Phoenix and that was one of Renee's picture's.
theotherStephanie wrote:Re Cullen kitchen scene, Rosalie's eyes, to me, are darker than the others'. Wonder if she's crabby when she's thirsty? Well, crabbier than usual, that is.
all vampires are crabby when thirsty. did you read the book at all?!?
theotherStephanie wrote:IN THE SLOW DANCE PROM SCENE, WHO ELSE THINKS EDWARD IS CHANNELLING QUENTIN COLLINS?
who's that?

~h. f. e. l.

also, I have to say you spelled Stephenie wrong. It has an 'e', not an 'a'. They wanted to make her dad's name, Stephen, a girl's name, so they added the 'ie'. :mrgreen:

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
theotherStephanie
Wandering Through Town
Location: Really in Washington, sitting under a Madrone tree waiting for Stephenie to finish Midnight Sun

Post by theotherStephanie »

Good points, Willowtree!

Keep in mind this is the thread for the TWILIGHT MOVIE, not the books. I know, I know, hard to keep them separated.

My name is spelled Stephanie, not with three E's.

Quentin Collins is a main character in the old TV series, "Dark Shadows," from the 1960's.
Carlisle's medical transcriptionist
Edward's piano student
Esme's historic restoration research assistant
Alice's wardrobe consultant
Who knew cold hands could be so HOT??!!
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

oh, thanks. that makes sense. and yes, the books and books are so hard to keep separated...

You're names Stephanie? sorry. :mrgreen:

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
paula_bnsnt
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Sparkling on sunshine, oooh oooh, and don't it feel good!

Post by paula_bnsnt »

Hard to choose...

I love that scene when Bella is entering the biology lab and Mike comes in and says something like "Hey Arizona, Liking the rain?" while shaking something, I think a cap, over her head to get her wet.

Also in the Cullen's kitchen, Esme telling Rosalie to clean up the mess. Loved that, it was exactly what a real mother would say.

I think the funniest scenes are with Charlie though... when Bella comes home from school and he's sitting by the window in the kitchen, asking Bella about Reneé and Phil and pretending he's not paying attention... while Bella just gets a glass of water and has other things in her head and doesn't give him any straight answers.

And you've said it already, Charlie cleaning the gun... Bella saying out of nowhere that she's going out with Edward, totally wanting the moment to finish quickly. The "halo" gesture he makes is probably the funniest thing in the movie. Go Billy!
Hit me like a ray of sun
Burning through my darkest night
You're the only one that I want
Think I'm addicted to your light

Team Volturi - Beatrix
carranzaya
Location: My personal and beautiful Universe where Edward and Ian exist!!!

Post by carranzaya »

paula_bnsnt wrote: And you've said it already, Charlie cleaning the gun... Bella saying out of nowhere that she's going out with Edward, totally wanting the moment to finish quickly. The "halo" gesture he makes is probably the funniest thing in the movie. Go Billy!
You totally read my mind, humm are you a relative of Alice? ;)

I adore that parte, make me laugh always no matter how many times i had seen the movie, he's so funny and Bella looks so scare of him aahhhh and when he make the thing with his hand also, like he will be good with Edward (like an angel or saint). Priceless for me.
"You are the most important thing to me ever"
jonilee73
Settled in Forks

Post by jonilee73 »

In the end credits, when they are flashing through things in black and white, there is a flash of a pack of four or five wolves running across the screen. I never noticed that till just now.
Forbidden to remember, terrifed to forget
You compare one small tree to the entire forest.

AyaDiefair

Post by AyaDiefair »

My favourite inside joke was the scene where Bella has Charlie meet Edward and he is cleaning his gun. My dad always made the 'shotgun' joke with me and so I found it really really funny.

I don't recall Bella being a vegetarian in the book, but I found it funny she was one in the movies and Edwards family also being Vampiric 'vegetarians'. :lol:

These aren't really inside jokes but more like mess ups in the movie. (I couldn't find a thread for these)

~When Bella meets Edwards family, and you get a close up of Esme's face, you can see her makeup line on her forehead on her left side (would be to the right when you are watching), I find it annoying now that I see it. You can see the skin tone difference.

~Spider monkey scene where Edward jumps out the window. Right before he 'grabs' the tree you can see the wire that makes him do the jump below him. It is very brief, but once you see it you can't miss it. :lol:

Can we say, poor editing/makeup work?
I was pale before Twilight made it look cool.
~Aya Diefair~
Twilightnoob21
Settled in Forks

Post by Twilightnoob21 »

Here's one, when Bella was in the hospital the first time, Charlie walks through the "in" on the door so he would be coming in the "out". And later Carlisle does the same.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Jacobaaa
Settled in Forks

Post by Jacobaaa »

Well i didn't notice all these facts, nice work buddies.