Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
singingstacy
Settled in Forks

Re: Worried About the Twilight Movie

Post by singingstacy »

Forgive me, it's late... And I can't really see to type this because my contacts are dry and probably none of this will make sense... but for some reason I wish they'd cast someone else as Jasper. I know that the movie is set in modern times and all but Jasper IS supposed to be from the civil war era and I am sorry but for some reason his looks do not scream confederate soldier to me lol... now Jude Law in Cold Mountain... he is from England and he pulled off confederate soldier and I'd say that's quite an accomplishment. Maybe once I've seen the guy in action as Jasper it will click and everything. Right?

I would just like to say that I am so excited for this movie and it's going to be great! And now, I need sleep.
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I kinda agree with the above post. Don't get me wrong - I love me some Jackson Rath. But I love him in a way that is like one of the crazy funny hippy-ish guitar-playing dudes I hang out with. Not so much in a Civil War era butt-kicking scar covered vampire kinda way. So "my Jasper" isn't going anywhere any time soon.

I am interested to see if Jackson plays him all tortured vampire.
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Somehow 120 minutes seems sooooo much better than 90! :) :) :)

SQUEEEEEEEEE
E<3B
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

And ahhhh! Back-story flashback picture!!!

Man, this place is empty during the day... except for me... *frolics around*
E<3B
tsvety
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by tsvety »

^ lol :lol: Because somewhere it's night ahahah (like in Europe!) It's actually 23.20 pm here ^.^ But I've seen loads of Americans around here, they must be here soon :D :P
~Lina
*I'm on The List.* *The name's Pancakes* ^^
Image ^awesome banner by Narnia^
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

whoa, okay. i leave for a day and all of a sudden things are crazy here....

sooza--did your last post (or maybe the second last) refer to the twilight movie being two hours, not an hour and a half?! because that would totally make my day. totally.

rob's hair is magical. i don't doubt that for a second. ahhhhh. and! i love mud. so mud wrestling with edward/rob....yea. that'd be...well, just really nice. ;) i'll keep it pg lol
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Yes, MTV is reporting that the official time of the movie is 120 minutes, not 90 as we though before. Happiness! :)
E<3B
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

The only think I'm worried about is Renesmee. How will they get a newborn baby with a full set of pearly whites? Maybe when Bella first sees her the producers will just have her be about the size of a 2 year old and say "Yea, she grows at an accelerated rate." It'll work.
soozabooza54 wrote:Yes, MTV is reporting that the official time of the movie is 120 minutes, not 90 as we though before. Happiness! :)
Yea, I heard that Stephenie made them go back through and add a bunch of stuff in. Hopefully she's just as involved in the other movies = ]
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Agreed with Black - I think that if what we know about Renesmee as movie viewers who haven't read the book is that she grows at an accelerated rate, we'll buy the fact that maybe the first time Bella sees her, she's already a toddler... and we can watch her grow into a 4/5 year old-ish in a montage that shows the vamps getting ready for the Volturi arrival, Bella learning to fight, Edward and Bella and Renesmee being a family, etc. That takes care of a lot of problems, while kinda being accurate. It's a fine line to please the book readers, but they'll find something that works.
E<3B
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

OH, and also, I second the Stephenie involvement - and I don't imagine that Summit would want anything differently. I think these movies are going to be so popular because we know our girl Steph is looking over her baby and making sure that things don't just get insanely out of control. And I don't think that Steph would option out the rest of the books (the deal with Summit was only for the first one) without having some sort of "list of things that you can't do to my book" like she did the first one.

I know that if I was a movie exec, I'd be more than happy to have the author on as a consultant. And I think the people who are in charge of this movie (Catherine Hardwicke, Greg Mooradian, etc.) are first and foremost fans. So I see Stephenie involved in future books as well.

All I know is I'm pumped after seeing that picture of Carlisle with Edward on the bed - like they're going to give us little snippets of all the Cullen's backgrounds. I think that's a GREAT idea.
E<3B