Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Worried About the Twilight Movie

Post by ellalou73 »

I wish the movie would come out tomorrow instead of on the 21st I really really want to see it.
slayerchick303
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by slayerchick303 »

lag28wa wrote:WHOA, HOLD ON, WAIT A MINUTE! Um... *gulps* you're telling me.... that Edward says.... SEX!?!?!?!?

That's is, I no longer have any worries about this movie, ever. I shall worship it. That is amazing. This movie gets more and more amazing the more I hear about it. I think should just go ahead and buy myself a ticket for every day of the weekend of Nov 21. I'm serious.

I agree with susan(?) that the movie is supposed to be in the spirit of the book and not the actual book. I always tell people, "This is the first MOVIE, not the first BOOK." I like the twist that Catherine has put on things.
He says the word "SEX" in the movie!?!?!? Holy crap... yeah, even thinking about Edward saying that is freakin' hot! Yeah, I am extraordinarily excited for the movie. I am trying to convince someone to go to the midnight showing of the movie with me the day it comes out. I don't drive and I don't know if the buses runs that late. If the buses don't run that late, I'll have to take a cab or beg my parents to take me.

I have to remind myself and others that books and movies are two completely separate entities. Though the movie is based on the book, it does not mean that the book and movie are exactly alike. It is the rare instance that a movie and a book are almost the same.
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

*cough* he says it three times *cough*

WOOT WOOT Ya'll!

(please keep in mind that scripts change though... so who knows)
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

um, hello?! i haven't seen an alley part. OH MY GOD!! where is it?!?!!? jesus. tv spot 6?! looking for it now....
and it's kind of bad if we all get excited over edward saying sex (three times!!!) seriously... :roll:

edit--okay, i'm guessing you're talking about the part where they're like in the forest between two big moss covered boulders? in tv spot 6? i don't think that looks like an alley to me....

but it was still hot.
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
jlbower79

Post by jlbower79 »

^ yeah i was showing someone that today and she said it looked like they were in the woods.. whcih would make more sense. WOOT WOOT! STILL IN LOVE WITH THE TENSION!
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Miss Cullen »

I think the biggest worry for me is being able till wait till Dec 11 when it comes out in Australia..........and I also worry about my self control in staying away from this bored between Nov 21 and Dec 11 as no doubt pretty much everyone will have seen it and I don't want any spoilers.
ECfan20
Wandering Through Town

Post by ECfan20 »

I am officially not worried anymore after seeing the scene shown in Italy of where Bella first shows up at the Cullen house and they are cooking for her! And Alice is PERFECT! Plus, Rob playing Bella's lullaby....I've been dreaming about this forever, Pure Awesomeness!!!! :D
Kizmet
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kizmet »

i have supported this movie from the beginning. from the casting to the small changes they made in the story, i was able to see the reasoning behind it all and was not worried about it at all. until today.

while this is not an issue that i think will make or break the movie (it still has the potential to be freaking AMAZING, but this part will always bug me no matter what), i thought the tree jumping scene shown in italy looked terrible. you could just so obviously tell that they were on wires, and the position of rob's body in some of the shots was just really awkward-looking, and the slow motion was cheesy. now, from the comments i've seen online so far, there seem to be two basic reactions to this from most people:
1. it looks terrible, i can't believe they did that, what the heck
2. give them a break, they had a small budget, you can't expect the best special effects ever

i have to take a middle ground. it DOES look terrible, and i do understand why they did the wire work, and no, i do not think that we should have been expecting the most awesomest special effects ever. BUT i think they could have done a MUCH better job with what they had, especially in the editing department. i'm into filmmaking myself, and personally they stuck a couple of shots in there that i cannot believe they used. they should have used alternate takes of them or just left them out altogether - it still would have worked.

but really other than that, i think this movie is going to be awesome.
Proud Twilighter since October 21, 2006.
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I agree Kizmet... some of the tree jumping looked real cheesy. But I'm still glad that they did wire instead of CGI. It should be interesting to see how much more money they get for special effects in the budget for New Moon... I mean... werewolves don't really have a wire equivalent. :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
jlbower79

Post by jlbower79 »

ok where can you watch the italy part of the cullens cooking for bella? Someone youtube me an address please!
ECfan20 wrote:I am officially not worried anymore after seeing the scene shown in Italy of where Bella first shows up at the Cullen house and they are cooking for her! And Alice is PERFECT! Plus, Rob playing Bella's lullaby....I've been dreaming about this forever, Pure Awesomeness!!!! :D