Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
netnut
Wandering Through Town

Re: Worried About the Twilight Movie

Post by netnut »

urrrrg that video link posted above just gave me even more doubt about the movie being good. i hope they do some serious editting. the whole scene in that sneak peek seemed waaaaaayy too awkward, & it shouldnt have been. i hope im not disapointed by this when it finally comes out.

& i was telling my friend today how dissapointed i was that they were bringing up some major parts from new moon into the twilight movie. she brought up a good point that twilight is a slow book to begin with (she is barely on the last 100 pages & says that she feels like the story is jst barely starting to take off) so that maybe they needed to bring in things from new moon. plus, if they put some stuff from NM into twilight, then there will be more room to show more stuff they might other wise have left out :D anyone catch my drift??
nikie_nikz
Wandering Through Town

Post by nikie_nikz »

The trailers are just so full of bad theatrics. Robert Pattinson does a pretty good job as Edward, but Kristen Stewart as Bella? What an unconvincing characterization... I agree with a bunch of people though. Some parts are just awkward to watch. Her posture and body language is just... weird.
"What fools these mortals be!"
shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

Hahaha! I'm worried I"ll be the oldest person in the theater :D
EDC,Inc- Dumptruck Trainee!!!
Pic for banner by someone else.
nikie_nikz
Wandering Through Town

Post by nikie_nikz »

shanon wrote:Hahaha! I'm worried I"ll be the oldest person in the theater :D
I peaked at your profile, and I can guarantee you won't be the oldest person in the theater. This person (I forgot the name, and am too lazy to look) responded to my "New Kid in Town" post, and said that she has three generations of fans in her family, and she was the grandmother. That's pretty cool.
"What fools these mortals be!"
yomahmaful
Settled in Forks

Post by yomahmaful »

yomahmaful wrote:
NoLu wrote:Does anyone know if they are going to do a sequal? I love these books and I dont think they can possibly leave it at just one movie??? Besides that, Im hoping that they will be able to get alot of the Bella/Edward story in a 2 hour film....literally sitting here biting my nails in anticipation!
In order for a sequel Summit has to double their budget of 40 million. So I suggest to everyone to at least see the movie twice. I think it's possible especially when fan made videos on youtube get close to half a million views! I remember this film critic said that he was expecting the movie to make around 60-70 million total! I say no freaking way, so I ask, who here is going to watch it more than twice?
Will see at least twice,besides me:
Sarah-Lynn
la_tua_cantante
vampluv78
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by vampluv78 »

reason 1 why i wont like it: There is no snow in the accident scence. I mean come on snow isn't too much to ask for is it. I didn't think so.
Reason 2: Kristen Stewart as Bella when i saw that first thing i thought was, 'this movie is going down hill'
Reason 3: I don't want to melt in my theater seat when robert does the crooked smile.
Reason 4: Books are always better then the movies.
[Image
Saz
Settled in Forks

General...

Post by Saz »

I'm just so worried it won't live up to my expectations. So far, I'm kind of disappointed at Kristen Stewart because she doesn't seem at all...pleased that she got the role and it's a pretty important thing you know?
Don't get me wrong, she's a great actor, I just don't think she appreciates getting this massive part and all.

I'm really sad the books have ended now and SM has decided to put Midnight Sun on hold indefinitely, I have been really sad lately because of this ...which is kind of sad!! aha, but I wish she'd write more for the like the future of Bella Edward and Renesmee...

:) Anyone agree?
Alice: "I'll play you for it. Rock, paper, scissors."
Edward: "Why don't you just tell me who wins?"
Alice: "I do. Excellent."
mrsedwardcullen

Post by mrsedwardcullen »

I know that the movie can't live up to the books in any way. And I do think that the actors/ actresses who were cast could have been a little different. That doesn't mean that I won't go see it though. I am definitely not going to be re-reading the series any time near November because then I know it will be a lost cause. But turning books into movies is always a sticky situation. I commend the cast and crew for at least attemtping it. It must be very hard trying to please everybody and I am still excited for the movie to come out and can't wait!
"You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
— Edward
clariissaa

Post by clariissaa »

I don't think it's going to be better than the book. I so attached to the book and how that was written. I would be surprise if I think the movie is better.
And the special effects from the previews aren't all that. I just love the cast. =D
knikki
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by knikki »

I am really excited for the movie. I think the trailers are great and I feel like they are right on track with all of the Behind the Scnees stuff I've seen so far.

The ONLY thing that does worry me is the ballet studio/fight scene. I watched the clip of it and it's just....really really bad. If feels behind the scenes when it's not supposed to, ya know? It just seems fake to me. The acting is fine it's not that its the production I guess?

We'll see how it all turns out.. 2 more months to go..
-Kristin
"..So the lion fell in love with the lamb.."
Image Image