Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Re: Non Book-based Scenes

Post by soozabooza54 »

I'm not quite sure what the new scenes that they just filmed were about, but the pictures that fans came back with of the actors (Kellan, Nikki, and Robert) in period costumes looked awesome. I mean. AWESOME.

It's good to know that even the scenes that they are "adding" have all been "okayed" by SM... in keeping with the spirit of the book and all that jazz.

CAN. NOT. WAIT.

:)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Okay, so I've been wondering something.
In the field trip scene, Jessica says that Mike asked her to prom. Bella and Edward go to prom. But the dance in which Bella used the Seattle trip for an excuse with her fan club. The Seattle trip also offered an excuse for Edward to spend time with Bella, the whole "wasting of finite resources" thing. So if they DO go to prom, but the dance that everyone's talking about in the beginning IS prom, then how much different will the script be, and how much will they have to change? Are they going to add an non-book based scene for this?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

In my opinion, I would imagine it really wouldn't mess up the script that much - instead of using the Seattle trip, it will just be any other weekend that Bella would choose to spend with Edward anyway. The idea of having a dance that you never see (just hear about), and then ending the movie with another, but different, dance might be a little complicated for people who haven't read the book. I wouldn't be all too worried.
E<3B
knikki
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by knikki »

I'm totally cool with non book-based scenes. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan so I'm used to the fact that the movie is going to be different from the book. You just have to make sure you think of it in that way and then it will be a lot more enjoyable!

One of the tough things though is wanting certain scenes from the book to be in the movie.. and then when they're not in it.. ugh so disappointing!
-Kristin
"..So the lion fell in love with the lamb.."
Image Image
dat_chick215
Settled in Forks

Post by dat_chick215 »

I think that the whole Twilight community needs to go see the film with an open mind. We're an obsessive bunch who have been waiting for this for what seems like forever, but we do have to keep in mind that this is an interpretation of the book. If we all go expecting the movie to be verbatim of the book than I hate to say it but we're going to be in for heartbreak. Obviously there are going to be scenes which we hope are in the movie, but they might not be. We just have to leave room for some change, after all it might make it even better...although i don't know how that is possible.
Forever Dazzled!
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

soozabooza54 wrote:I'm not quite sure what the new scenes that they just filmed were about, but the pictures that fans came back with of the actors (Kellan, Nikki, and Robert) in period costumes looked awesome. I mean. AWESOME.

It's good to know that even the scenes that they are "adding" have all been "okayed" by SM... in keeping with the spirit of the book and all that jazz.

CAN. NOT. WAIT.

:)
i hope i did this quote thingy right....anyway! where have you seen pictures for the new scenes?! and also, can anyone give me a link to the behind the scenes clip with the apple? i haven't seen these things and i must!!
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

i can't remember if this was the thread where everyone was saying they wanted the port angeles scene in the movie or not, but i think that it will be. i was on imdb (as i am wont to do) and i saw that some guys were credited as being "frat boys" so i'm thinking that might be the guys that are following her. plus there's a girl credited as a waitress, which i'm assuming is the girl in the restaurant. so yay! i'm real excited for that.
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

There were some of the new scene pictures on twilightmoms somewhere. 1930s clothing. Very very very cute (especially Kellan!). I'll see if I can find the link somewhere...

The Port Angeles scene is still there - I think it's a little different, as in I don't think they chase her around as much (no going around the block, etc.), but it's definitely still there. :)
E<3B
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

E<3B
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

thanks so much!! ah!!

so i didn't really understand the expression "squee" because you can squeal and you can scream but squee? but then...i saw those pictures and i definitely squeed. loudly. my sister came in to check on me, even though its 3 am. (by the way, my sister knows i'm obsessed with twilight but she doesn't really know the full extent of it...sometimes i think she gets concerned lol).

i definitely like kellan a lot better now :D :D that's right. TWO smilies. plus those pictures of rob were just.... well, there are no words.