Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Movie Merchandising

Post by twi-nerd »

roseaurora wrote:I think the one disc version is only from rental places.

If they'll have it for rent it would probably be gone fast! Lol.
Anyways. I think that it'll have both cds. Most of the movies that have 2 disks usually are on rent and have both.
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

TeamEdward1918 wrote:
twilightpoint wrote:Looks like the Amazon page for the Twilight Ultimate Collector's Set is up now.

I think they just upped the price by $10. Before it was $69.99, now it's $79.99.
I'm glad it's back up, I was wondering if there was a question of Amazon ever getting it. So I'm glad I kept my order :D
I heard about that too! I couldn't believe it. Why would they raise the price though. I still don't get why?
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

twi-nerd wrote:
roseaurora wrote:I think the one disc version is only from rental places.

If they'll have it for rent it would probably be gone fast! Lol.
Anyways. I think that it'll have both cds. Most of the movies that have 2 disks usually are on rent and have both.
This is where I got that from... its on the NewsBlog:

"Nickerson added that a bare bones, single-DVD version is meant for rental, with the two-disc special edition ($32.99) packed with bonus features to appeal to the repeat viewers."

I dunno... just what I heard.

:)
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
twilightpoint
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightpoint »

twi-nerd wrote:
TeamEdward1918 wrote:
twilightpoint wrote:Looks like the Amazon page for the Twilight Ultimate Collector's Set is up now.

I think they just upped the price by $10. Before it was $69.99, now it's $79.99.
I'm glad it's back up, I was wondering if there was a question of Amazon ever getting it. So I'm glad I kept my order :D
I heard about that too! I couldn't believe it. Why would they raise the price though. I still don't get why?
I don't know why too. I posted a blog post just as soon as they put it up on Amazon, when the price is just $69.99.

I think they are just trying to squeeze out $10 more dollars in our pockets as they know it will be a hit.

Pat
Alison
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Alison »

What is everyone's feelings on this director's notebook they're releasing? I like how this book came out of the blue, but the official guidebook keeps being put off although it was supposed to be released in December. The concept behind it sounds exactly like the movie companion. I'm sure it will have new information, though.
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I think that the director's book will give lots of juicy details though, while the companion was just like, "Here's Twilight!" It's probably like the story of making Twilight.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

I want to see what they thought when they were choosing the fashion. I totally want to hear about that!!!
LOLOLOL
twilightpoint
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightpoint »

Twilight: Director's Notebook: The Story of How We Made the Movie Based on the Novel by Stephenie Meyer

So, do you want to get a closer look on Catherine Hardwicke's mind while filming the movie? I think it's a bargain for only $10.79 which includes behind the scenes photos.

I made a blog post about it, if you want to check what else is included.
MsBig
Settled in Forks

Post by MsBig »

Hungry-in-the-Cafeteria Emmett, Rosalie, Jasper & Alice Cullen

I was commissioned to make the full set of 4 Cullens as custom figures.

I used a promotional photo as the basis for the pose, but agreed with the buyer that none of them would be holding food. It's a bit random for the photo shoot and really not necessary. Instead, my concept is that they are standing like in the photo, but eyeing the assembled Cafeteria kids hungrily. I find that more appropriate to the movie.

I started with Emmett, because I had already worked out which parts to use for him. I sculpted him first, then made the others to scale with him.

For Emmett, I used Charmed Leo with a Neo hand. I removed the armour and sculpted his top, trousers and wristband.

For Rosalie, I used a BtVS Joyce head, Your Welcome Cordy body and Princess Cordy feet. I removed the pelvis to reposition the legs and sculpted new hips. I gave her a chin dimple. I sculpted her hair, necklace, coat and scarf.

For Alice, I used a Lost Kate head, Charmed Phoebe body and BtVS Glory legs. I sculpted her hair, top, waistcoat, long crocheted cardigan, jeans and ballet shoes.

For Jasper, I used a Starbuck figure with Napoleon Dynamite Pedro legs. I removed the bosom and smoothed the forehead. I sculpted his hips, coat and curly hair.

February 2009. Thanks to McFarlane, NECA Toys, SOTA Toys & DST for the parts.

I painted them to look like the characters and glued each pair together. They all share a stand. I adapted two DST stands with blue card and a printed check floor.

http://msbig.sashapowell.co.uk/Images/ProgCafe3.jpg

http://msbig.sashapowell.co.uk/Images/ProgCafe4.jpg

For more information about my Twilight custom figures, see the "Twilight" page of my website:

http://msbig.sashapowell.co.uk/mbframetwilight.htm
twilightpoint
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightpoint »

Finally, the Twilight dolls made its debut. You can take a look at them here.

Are you going to buy it?

Pat