Special Effects

Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Re: Special Effects

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

i have a theory that maybe they made him sparkle earlier on in the movie so by the time the meadow scene comes, people who haven't read twilight aren't spending the entire time thinking "oh my god! he's SPARKLING!" and can instead pay attention to the dialogue, which we all know is very important. it's a key relationship scene, obviously.

that's just what i'm thinking.
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
BuffytheVampireLover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Miami during the school year, Boston for the in betweens

Post by BuffytheVampireLover »

Tengo Nubs. wrote:i have a theory that maybe they made him sparkle earlier on in the movie so by the time the meadow scene comes, people who haven't read twilight aren't spending the entire time thinking "oh my god! he's SPARKLING!" and can instead pay attention to the dialogue, which we all know is very important. it's a key relationship scene, obviously.

that's just what i'm thinking.
That's actually a really good point, I hadn't thought of that. I guess it's hard to step into the shoes of non-Twilight people who go to see it. It does make sense. A sparkling guy can be distracting. The audience wouldn't be able to focus, they'd be so dazzled. (pun completely and totally intended)
*Jenny*

"Why don't you try to dig a little deeper and find a bigger set of balls, because you're going to need them."

Hey Jacob, 'I told you so' has a twin brother; his name is 'shut the hell up'.

Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

^^ yea, i'm trying to not get too upset about the things they've changed in the movie by putting myself into non-readers' shoes. it's difficult, but i'm hoping it'll help me manage the changes they've made and allow me to enjoy the movie.

i'm so excited for the movie, by the way, that it's unreal.
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Tengo Nubs. wrote:^^ yea, i'm trying to not get too upset about the things they've changed in the movie by putting myself into non-readers' shoes. it's difficult, but i'm hoping it'll help me manage the changes they've made and allow me to enjoy the movie.

^^ agreed. At first i wasn't at all troubled by the added scenes and what now- but now that i realize that they might have changed up some of my favorite scenes i'm starting to get upset :? but i'm trying to put myself in the position of the non-readers....*sigh* whatever it takes to get more fans.
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I've been trying to imagine how the sparkling would look in the movie, and right now all I can think of is a sort of over-inflated skeleton with chips (as in little bit thats broken off) all over him, a bit like a fishes scales, and lots and lots of light bursting out of the chips and reflecting onto Bella, who is wearing a shocked, not dazzled, expression, and blood on his hands like it's described at Nessie's birth, and he is grinning hugely, and there's a tuft of hair on top.

I'm obviously using far more imagination than neccessary.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
knikki
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by knikki »

Tengo Nubs. wrote:
I am right there with you. I think about it ALL the time.. whenever I have a spare moment I'm on youtube watching all the interviews/behind the scenes/trailers. I am SO SO SO excited for this movie!!!! Cannot wait!
-Kristin
"..So the lion fell in love with the lamb.."
Image Image
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

knikki wrote:
Tengo Nubs. wrote:
I am right there with you. I think about it ALL the time.. whenever I have a spare moment I'm on youtube watching all the interviews/behind the scenes/trailers. I am SO SO SO excited for this movie!!!! Cannot wait!

ditto....haha i think i might have a disease...whenever something new from twilight comes out...i find myself staring at the computer with wide eyes thinking "WHAT!?!?!? WHERE!??!!" bahaha
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

mlola619 wrote:
knikki wrote:
Tengo Nubs. wrote:

ditto....haha i think i might have a disease...whenever something new from twilight comes out...i find myself staring at the computer with wide eyes thinking "WHAT!?!?!? WHERE!??!!" bahaha
SAME HERE!! my sister thinks i need a life, and i'm like: hello, twilight IS my life! hahaha, it's good to know i'm not the only overly obsessed fan. :lol:
random thought: i wonder how there gonna make edward sparkle?
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
porscheturbo911
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by porscheturbo911 »

Omg, the apple was insane!
I wonder how they did it?
It looked so real; it gave me hope for all the other special effects that are going to be in the movie!
BuffytheVampireLover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Miami during the school year, Boston for the in betweens

Post by BuffytheVampireLover »

So I was thinking about how they said they tried like a million ways to do the sparkling, and now they're resorting to CGI. I wonder...did they ever thing of just plain old glitter lotion? Would that have worked, cuz it seems like a nice easy solution.
*Jenny*

"Why don't you try to dig a little deeper and find a bigger set of balls, because you're going to need them."

Hey Jacob, 'I told you so' has a twin brother; his name is 'shut the hell up'.