Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Special Effects

Post by twilight813 »

Im trying not to listen to what others have to say about the movie. honestly i know that the funding for this movie was low so i am not expecting it to be some crazy over the top CGI movie. but whatever! i am still excited. only 12 hrs to go!!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

First, how did you people see the movie already???
Ah, well only seven more hours for me to wait. Ugh, that sounds longer than it feels.
But from what I've seen, the running looks fake, but whatevs. I'm not seeing it for the effects. I'm seeing it for the story!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Flying and baseball was great... sparkling was just eh... but overall, it was awesome. :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

The sparkling was better then I imagined it, but then I didn't have high expectations for the CGI because of the production company behind it. Low expectations for the graphics make them seem better.

The baseball was fun.
Elfmaiden
Settled in Forks

Post by Elfmaiden »

I didn't mind the special effects, though sometimes they were cheesy. It was supposed to be jumping not flying but it did look more like flying sometimes. I thought the running, baseball game, and the sparkling was great. If you read the movie companion they said they had a lot of trouble trying to get the sparkling right. I think they did the best they could. Overall I don't think it matters too much; it's about the story. I mean the original Star Wars is still a great movie and they sure didn't have CGI back then. :D

Team Edward!
E<3B
foreveredward16
Wandering Through Town

Post by foreveredward16 »

Nikkinik wrote:So I was reading some interview with Robert Pattinson, and they said that they ARE going to make him sparkle (which makes me extremely happy) and he said they tried hundreds of different ways to accomplish this, one of which had something to do with flakes of salt. He said they've decided to now use CGI.

I'm worried! I hope it comes out looking real... but then again, what's so real about a sparkling vampire?
The vampire Sparkle was BRILLIANT!!!! He looked... Frosted with glitter? In my mind when I was reading the books... the description was ambiguous, and I honestly couldn't even imagine it.... it was so hard. And I thought the idea was kinda lame (but that was just because I didn't imagine it at all properly)
haha The movie made the sparkling thing really really easy, not to crazy... there were not big lame beams of light reflected off of him at all or anything! So that Was AWESOME!

I have to say this... My favorite FAVORITE scene was the BASEBALL GAME! WOW WOW WOW! In my mind a vampire game of baseball was just too much to imagine. besides their speed I didn't really see how it would all come together..... But I can say that the scene was better than perfect! I loved Alice's pitching! She was so quirkey and graceful. I thought JASPER WAS SO HOT UP AT BAT!
hahahaha.... Their little base ball outfits were so cute!
The music - supermassive black hole was PERFECT!

Wow! Who else agree's... that scene was so much fun!
You are my life now!
MeliR
Settled in Forks

Post by MeliR »

i def agree.. i think jasper looked super HOT when he twirled that bat around. i was like meow... rarrrrr.. i like that side of jasper..

when they i saw edward sparkling i leaned over and told a friend of mine "OMG he is so beautiful".. i was extremely pleased with how they did it. i was worried that it was going to look super cheesy.. but it was great...

another one of my fav scenes was the fight scene. it was awesome... i mean with the low budget that they had i think they did a good enough job. i was extremely pleased with the movie and it left me wanting more... when it ended i was like NOOOOOOOO i want more.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
E<3B
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

Very embarrassed by the special effects. I understand they had a low budget...but wow.
I do agree that the baseball scene was done well.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

I think the special effects were cheesy. the running was horrible but i have to agree his sparkling was done beautifully. i expected like just millions of lights coming out of him, but it wasnt like that and it was refreshing.

i really want to know what SM thinks of all the reviews. ive been reading a lot of them online and they arent very good :(
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

The cheesy running was easier to overlook the second time and it was a little less cheesy.

The glitter could have been better, but the second time I was less dissapointed.

There were so few special effects that it was kinda nice. We are not dealing with Star Wars here...
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!