Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg

Post by Pel »

From the Front Page:
Melissa Rosenberg has also worked on a number of impressive projects with some really varied backgrounds including The OC, Boston Public, and Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman,
This is the official screenwriter for the movie. See her credits in the link below, and discuss your thoughts.

Melissa Rosenberg
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg

Post by debussygirl »

Wow, it's sad this has been up for over a month and no one's posted. So I guess I'll start!!
Step up was really good. Rosenberg was definitely able to catch the right chemistry there. It was really interesting and had funny lines in it.
And my mom liked Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman. We watched it when I was little, so it's kinda vague and I can't remember it very well. But my entire family liked it, that I do remember.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Dr. Quinn was one of my favorite shows in highschool- never missed an episode! Ok, I didn't read the info posted about her, because I've never seen the other shows she worked on.... don't throw stones!

I have seen the interviews she gave about Twilight, tho. I must say, that judging from the trailers and behind-the-scenes stuff I've seen on YouTube and Mtv, she did an excellent job of condensing Tw for the screen. So much attention has been put on this movie, and the fans are so hard-core, that I hope people aren't too disappointed in some things being added, left out, switched around, or not as they are in the book. I REALLY like the trailer; my favorite line is where Edward tells Bella to say "vampire" outloud. This doesn't happen in the book; it's kind of "morphed" from Bella's thoughts to verbal acceptance in the book. I like that MR added stuff about the nomads to give us some background for them, too! I surely hope that she gets to add the other books to her Credit List!!!
Goagioou
Settled in Forks

good friend

Post by Goagioou »

Bump! thx !

--------------------------------very good wow power leveling site:
buy WoW Gold, World of warcraft Power Leveling, World of warcraft Power Leveling, wow power leveling, wow power level
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Melissa Rosenberg totally doesn't get enough love in here. SO LOVE TO YOU, MELISSA!!! :)

I was thinking - she's so perfect to write this. I mean, she's a writer and executive producer on Dexter - you know, the show about a good guy who is a serial killer... but kills only those who have killed and gotten away with it. It's such a great show, and really examines a guy trying to come to grips about maybe being a monster and having a dark side.

Sound familiar? :)

YAY MELISSA!
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
LeechesRule95
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by LeechesRule95 »

I like some things about what Melissa wrote but some I just thought "WHAT?!?! :? " So far from the trailers that I have seen I think she did do a good job of trying to keep Important parts in the movie... Some things that I did not like was when she made Edward say "Adrenaline rush- You can google it." Or something along those lines. :D I MEAN GOOGLE IT?!?!? SERIOUSLY!!!!! :roll:

Also I heard that they got permission to do NEW MOON, ECLIPSE, and BREAKING DAWN...... AND that Melissa was going to be the screenwriter..... HERES THE LINK TO WHERE I READ THIS:
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx/?news ... ilentchk=1&

Overall though I think that Melissa is okay and that I havent seen any of her previous work * WAITS FOR PEOPLE TO GO INTO SHOCK* but I am looking into it...... :D :D :D :D * HEARS PEOPLE SIGH A BREATH OF RELIEF* :lol:
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Yeah I really don't see the point in changing lines from the book if they were including the scene in the movie. I mean what's the point of changing it for???
LeechesRule95

Post by LeechesRule95 »

switzgal wrote:Yeah I really don't see the point in changing lines from the book if they were including the scene in the movie. I mean what's the point of changing it for???
Yeah seriously :shock: .... AND IF YOU FEEL YOU MUST CHANGE THE LINES IN THAT SCENE YOU SHOULDNT GO PUTTING SOMETHING CORNY LIKE "ADRENALINE RUSH- YOU CAN GOOGLE IT." :roll: Im sorry :? but HONESTLY I think that is just SERIOUSLY CORNY I dont think EDWARD would say GOOGLE IT! :roll: AND I dont know but the whole "better hold on tight spider monkey" :roll: NOT FUNNY..... AND I CAN NEVER PICTURE EDWARD SAYING THAT..... SO NOT like EDWARD!!!
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Yeah, I'm not a fan of her (Melissa's) writing.
HOPEFULLY those are the lines that Kristen Stewart thought were bad enough to change!!!
LeechesRule95

Post by LeechesRule95 »

switzgal wrote:Yeah, I'm not a fan of her (Melissa's) writing.
HOPEFULLY those are the lines that Kristen Stewart thought were bad enough to change!!!
HOPEFULLY.... I dont thyink I can stand listening to ROBERT *sigh :P * saying that..... It going to be like Robert saying "better hold on tight spider monkey" and me puking :? :o :shock: into a popcorn bucket while my friends are like "EWWWWWWWW" :D :lol: :lol: I just cannot stand that much CORNINESS!!!!!!!! (I know its not a word but one of my fave pastimes is to make up words LMAO!!) :lol: