Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Re: The Host Actor Choices

Post by threethings »

When I think a character looks like something in my head, it's really hard to get out. *laughs*
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
mgrassel06
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by mgrassel06 »

threethings wrote:When I think a character looks like something in my head, it's really hard to get out. *laughs*
haha oh, saaaaame here. With "The Host" and the Twilight Saga, there are several characters that I can NOT find an actor for. lol
Sponser of the DBJ: Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
ImageImage
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

mgrassel06 wrote:
threethings wrote:When I think a character looks like something in my head, it's really hard to get out. *laughs*
haha oh, saaaaame here. With "The Host" and the Twilight Saga, there are several characters that I can NOT find an actor for. lol
It's definitely tough, I'm glad I wouldn't be the Casting Director for the movie if it got made. I having a hard time finding somebody for Wanda/Melanie. Nobody posted here looks like what I was thinking.
ImageImage
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

I thought that melanie looked like Me -OME I just saw the tv spot for Twilight.- any ways Megan Fox. But it is really hard to explain Wanderer. :? :lol:
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
mgrassel06

Post by mgrassel06 »

threethings wrote:
mgrassel06 wrote:
It's definitely tough, I'm glad I wouldn't be the Casting Director for the movie if it got made. I having a hard time finding somebody for Wanda/Melanie. Nobody posted here looks like what I was thinking.
Same here! Every time someone suggests a Wanda/Melanie, I'm like "omg eww no!!" lol I've got a strict mental picture. And Megan Fox?...NO WHERE near it. haha
ImageImage
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

mgrassel06 wrote:
threethings wrote:
mgrassel06 wrote:
Same here! Every time someone suggests a Wanda/Melanie, I'm like "omg eww no!!" lol I've got a strict mental picture. And Megan Fox?...NO WHERE near it. haha
Megan Fox gets a no from me. Sorry, I just didn't picture Melanie that. . . . . . . . pretty.
ImageImage
mgrassel06

Post by mgrassel06 »

threethings wrote:Megan Fox gets a no from me. Sorry, I just didn't picture Melanie that. . . . . . . . pretty.
Exactly!! Megan Fox is too...pretty, and she seems too girlie and high maintenance looking. She doesn't seem like the running-for-her-life, hiding-in-the-desert, starving survivor like Mel is.
ImageImage
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

mgrassel06 wrote:
threethings wrote:Megan Fox gets a no from me. Sorry, I just didn't picture Melanie that. . . . . . . . pretty.
Exactly!! Megan Fox is too...pretty, and she seems too girlie and high maintenance looking. She doesn't seem like the running-for-her-life, hiding-in-the-desert, starving survivor like Mel is.
That's exactly what I mean. Megan looks like she's been made-up every morning and I realllllllllly don't think Melanie had that luxury. *laughs*

Oh, and whoever plays her needs to be slightly muscular, as I imagine Mealnie.
ImageImage
mgrassel06

Post by mgrassel06 »

threethings wrote:
mgrassel06 wrote:
That's exactly what I mean. Megan looks like she's been made-up every morning and I realllllllllly don't think Melanie had that luxury. *laughs*

Oh, and whoever plays her needs to be slightly muscular, as I imagine Mealnie.
Yeah, she does look always made up. I don't think Mel woke up from hiding and traveling and decided to put on her make up. I can't see Megan Fox doing a role without lumps of make up on. Hah.
And, yeah, I agree she should be slightly muscular. :nods:
ImageImage
BerAngelVamp
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by BerAngelVamp »

maddy<3twilight wrote:I thought that melanie looked like Me -OME I just saw the tv spot for Twilight.- any ways Megan Fox. But it is really hard to explain Wanderer. :? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: sorry, i'm laughing at you! well, with you sorta...you sound like you have add like me! well, to the extent that when anything twi-related comes within 20 feet of me i stop and kinda stare at it, then go right back to where i started....great!! :lol:
anywho, i still say jessica biel is perfect for melanie....and i never thought of emily osment for the new wanda, that's genius! looks a lot like her, innocent, blonde hair, kinda kiddish in a way, like you want to pet her head...and mark wahlberg would make a great doc, but i kinda pictured someone a bit more, geeky looking... :roll:
~Amber