Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
sophieet
Wandering Through Town

Re: The Host -- Q&A

Post by sophieet »

I ordered my copy of The Host off of Amazon today! I can't wait to read it. :) So, I was just curious, do you think Twilight or The Host is better written? Which concept do you prefer?
You wanted me to be human, I reminded him. Well, watch me.
lovvetwilight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by lovvetwilight »

Personally, I like Twilight's concept better because, to me, it seems more *dont shoot* realistic? Not saying that I believe in vampires. Just that the concept of people being together that don't think they deserve the other. Although I loveeed the host, aliens are just wierder than vampires to me :]
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4356617/1/Bad_Girl_Bella << please press

Team Edward Team Ian
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by deven »

well i have to say i disagree with you lauren....i like the host better! i think because its humans..and there is just more conflict...internal and external

i also think its more grown up...not that i dont LOVE twilight..its just that it is a lot more teenage girl than the host is. the host is a lot more mature i think. i got into it real fast and absolutely LOVED it!
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
sophieet
Wandering Through Town

Post by sophieet »

i also think its more grown up...not that i dont LOVE twilight..its just that it is a lot more teenage girl than the host is. the host is a lot more mature i think. i got into it real fast and absolutely LOVED it!
I had thought that might have been the case. Isn't Twilight young adult while The Host is just adult?
Thanks for your opinions! :)
You wanted me to be human, I reminded him. Well, watch me.
deven

Post by deven »

^^^^yeah i guess they are...but i feel like the same audiences will enjoy them.
wanda
Settled in Forks

Post by wanda »

I'd have to say that I think The Host is better too. I'm rereading it right now and I just love it <3 I dunno if this question should be on a different thread, but which character do you like better-Ian or Jared? And why??
slightlyobsessed
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: Joining a 15-Step Program for those who make unseemly comments on Rob Pattinson's Thread...

Post by slightlyobsessed »

Character wise, because we saw Jared's struggle clearer--saw him from before Mel changed through to the end--I feel like he was a stronger character.

For romantic reasons, I say Ian. His quick acceptance of Wanderer in any of her manifestations just made me melt, and his quietly understanding what she needed just stole my heart.

"I held you in my hand, and you were beautiful!" has got to be one of the most beautiful lines I've read in a long time.
ImageImage
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION
APPC: Shopaholic
wanda
Settled in Forks

Post by wanda »

I have to agree with you :D A lot of my friends like Jared more, but I like Ian more. he's so adorable in that way. I also have another question. so if Ian and Wanda had sex, would they still be able to have a baby. even though she's a soul, but in a human body?
deven

Post by deven »

welll....you can can see my banner/signature and realize but i will tell you anyway...lol

i LOVE ian! he is such a good character. the way his character developed was amazing to me. its hard to believe he tried to kill wanda in the beginning! i knew i loved him when he offered to go with jeb and wanda on the tour. =]

i really like jared but he never was ian. and no matter what nice things he did for her...i never liked him like i like ian
slightlyobsessed
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: Joining a 15-Step Program for those who make unseemly comments on Rob Pattinson's Thread...

Post by slightlyobsessed »

wanda wrote:I also have another question. so if Ian and Wanda had sex, would they still be able to have a baby. even though she's a soul, but in a human body?
I going to say absolutely. Just like the body has blood coursing through it enabling it to survive, all of the faculties are still in place for conceiving and bearing children. Though the genetic makeup of any offspring, I think, would be based on the human's DNA, rather than Wanderer's.
ImageImage
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION
APPC: Shopaholic