Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
francesca1986
Settled in Forks

Re: Midnight Sun - The 12 Chapters

Post by francesca1986 »

I didn't even know that Midnight Sun had been leaked until I read it on Stephenie's site... and then when I read that she had put it out herself I could not help but read it... But when I clicked the link to read the rough draft it would come up blank. I tried over and over again and still nothing. It drove me crazy and what was only one day felt like forever.

Anyways when I finally did get to read it it blew me away. It was like reading a whole different book (I don't know if that makes sense). Even though I would catch myself tying in what would be going on in Twilight it still felt like I was reading a whole new story. I can't believe what really went on in Edward's head! Looking back at Twilight it feels like I was clueless about Edward's inner thoughts. Its so crazy that he had the same feelings and anxieties as Bell, like when ever they were apart and stuff like that. As for the whole watching over her while she slept, I assumed (like so many others) that he just watched her from her window. I never would have thought that he actually went in her room! There are so many things like that that if it weren't for Midnight Sun we would have never known.

I'm actually re-reading Twilight right now and I just got to the part after Bella finds out that Edward is a vampire from Jacob. And after reading the partial draft of Midnight Sun I laughed out loud at the part where Bella opens her bedroom window for the first time and makes a comment on how smoothly it opens even though its been ages since the last time someone opened it. Hopefully Stephenie finishes the book, I know its not gonna happen any time soon but so long as she does it will make me the happiest person ever.

-Francesca
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

I know everyone is sad but lets put a happier note out there. The first 12 chapters were AMAZING and hopefully the fandom will let her know and she will feel better. Now about the book....
My favorite lines were what Edward was think after he fell in love with Bella. Here they are
"oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
"And, by the way, I adore you...in frightening, dangerous ways."
"So, Bella, I was following your scent through the woods after I left your room watching you sleep..."

I also like that they did something about those horrible men who tried to hurt Bella. I love how Edward was in love with her even before we realized it in Twilight. STEPH YOU ARE AMAZING I WISH I WAS HALF AS TALENTED AS YOU. so that is my favs from the book they are currently monopolizing my away messages on aim as do many other quotes from the saga.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

I couldn't bring myself to read the draft. I know I'm crazy, after waiting all this time to say that I would rather have all or nothing. But I would have loved it if I could actually hold the completed published copy in my hands and read it.
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
Sharenei
Wandering Through Town

Post by Sharenei »

Hey, there! Devil's Advocate time, and I'm about to nominate myself PNG (Persona Non Grata) of the day.

(And I haven't even been here 24 hours...such clumsiness could even give pre-change Bella a run for her money. Yeesh...)

I read the authorized posting of the first twelve chapters, and I'm absolutely unashamed I did so. Would I have read the leaked version? Not a chance--though I have to give her kudos for marking each version she handed out in the event something like this happened. But ANYWAY, we're not here about that. We're here about what we thought about the stuff in it.

My thoughts: I like it, and I'd still buy the finished product. Hopefully even two copies, so hubby isn't pawing on my arm until I finish.

I have been very much looking forward to Twilight (any part of it), from an alternate point of view, and this proves my interest is warranted; for a rough draft, it was phenomenal, and any mistakes I might have noticed were minor and didn't interrupt the flow of the story at all. If there are any non-spelling/grammatical changes made, I can only hope it is to flesh out certain areas even further--a couple of the chapters did seem a little short. I hope that when the book is finally released (and I understand she IS still working on it, even if she's walking away from her computer for a bit--can't say I blame her), that the authorized post will still be available for comparisons the way the outtakes and other extra bits for the other four books are available. At the very least, chapter four would be interesting.

I was not expecting Jessica to get any more fleshing out, really; she's about as far into the background as a background character can be and still have presence. Mike's presentation wasn't at all surprising, though it was funny (and fun) to read. Angela, and Edward's plans related thereto, were a bit surprising--but pleasantly so. It almost seems a pity that there couldn't be sort of a human friend-liason thing that could be arranged to better keep an eye on Bella in his more crazy times through her, but that might've just added one more complication that Stephenie didn't want to address; after all, it's a grand melee of human meets vampire meets werewolf in high school. Got drama already? (That, and I guess explaining to Angela why she needed such close watching could get tricky; Edward was already in enough trouble for spilling the beans to someone who knew what "secrecy" meant!)
rjv_piper
Settled in Forks

Post by rjv_piper »

I just found out today what happened. I don't think i'll be able to read it on the internet. I feel so bad. I got into the link and went to chapter 2 to start reading, but I just couldn't. I feel so bad.
Vitas is amazing. He is my Edward. SIGH!!! If only he spoke English...
Look him up on youtube and see what I mean.
K-Dawg
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by K-Dawg »

I loved the insight you get into the realtionships between Edward and Emmett and Edward and Alice. Also how Alice felt about Bella. And When Edward thought that he wanted to "backhand" Mike! :lol:
I also liked the Ben-Anglea thing. Emmett is so funny!
I have to say I found it even more addictive than Twilight :shock: :cry:
Why didn't I just walk away?
Oh Right, Because i'm an idiot!
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

K-Dawg wrote:I have to say I found it even more addictive than Twilight :shock: :cry:
Holy crap, thank you! It really is/was. I feel like twitching at the fact that it may never be finished now because it's so GOOD :cry: ! Frankly, I prefer it over Twilight, but I don't think it would be possible to say that without having read Twilight first. And by "prefer it" I mean in its own way. Twilight is so special, as is Midnight Sun. Just so beautifully written.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
K-Dawg
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by K-Dawg »

*Bloodlust* wrote:
I feel like twitching at the fact that it may never be finished now because it's so GOOD :cry: ! Frankly, I prefer it over Twilight, but I don't think it would be possible to say that without having read Twilight first. And by "prefer it" I mean in its own way. Twilight is so special, as is Midnight Sun. Just so beautifully written.
I Know what you mean! I think I would be slighlty happier if those 12 chapters had included the meadow scene! That's the part i'm most curious about. I went over some parts of Twilight after reading Midnight Sun, and some things just made so much more sense! It was so well written! Just WOW amazing!
Why didn't I just walk away?
Oh Right, Because i'm an idiot!
gmreyes2
Settled in Forks

Post by gmreyes2 »

I wish I could have it in book form. :([/quote]

I agree, I want it in book form too :|
gmreyes2
Settled in Forks

Post by gmreyes2 »

*Bloodlust* wrote:
K-Dawg wrote:I have to say I found it even more addictive than Twilight :shock: :cry:
Holy crap, thank you! It really is/was. I feel like twitching at the fact that it may never be finished now because it's so GOOD :cry: ! Frankly, I prefer it over Twilight, but I don't think it would be possible to say that without having read Twilight first. And by "prefer it" I mean in its own way. Twilight is so special, as is Midnight Sun. Just so beautifully written.

I KNOW!!!! Gosh the anticpation of this book is worse, now that you've read the little teaser. I think that is mean to provide us with a partiall draft, becuase it leaves us hanging and drooling, never knowing if we will get to read the rest. :evil: But I understand she's upset.