Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Re: Midnight Sun - The 12 Chapters

Post by Nena »

Oh I have so much to comment on but the one thing that I thought it was cool to find out is that Edward was not really stalking Bella in Port Angeles ( like I had read some people had suggested). He was keeping tabs on her because Peter & Charlotte were in town and he was worried for Bella (danger magnet).

I know I also read the most romantic quote ever... ever... dang, I need to go find it. I don't want to missquote Edward *swoon*

Edit: Here it is, "Her existance alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world". Midnightsun Partial draft pg.238
grbnte
Settled in Forks

Post by grbnte »

Hmmmm. I have to agree---that quote definately makes me swoon--how I hate to admit it, but it does!

All I can say is that all my thoughts are with Stephenie as she has to make her way through this now difficult time. How anyone could violate her trust and her rights, both as a friend and writer. . . . I don't think I will ever understand that. I wish her the best as she spends well deserved time with her family and good luck on the other work she is going to focus on. Guessing that means a sequel to The Host (that's the only good thing here).

Here's to the hope that one day we will all have the satisfaction of Midnight Sun sitting published and bound on our bookshelves right next to Twilight, where it belongs. And that this will become a distant memory that will not tarnish the love Stephenie obviously has for Bella and Edward.
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

Only on chapter 3 so far -- I'm having to severely ration myself to a couple of chapters per day or I will never get my family moved to the States by next week! -- but what can I say? It's simply stunning. I can't wait to have time to talk properly about it.

Is it really immoral to be made so happy by something so wrong?....
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
Doodle
Learning to Love Green

Post by Doodle »

I must admit these chapters have made me more eager for Midnight Sun (if Stephenie decides to continue, and I hope she does, any must not dwell on that).

When I first read chapter one I knew I was going to enjoy this more than Twilight :o (I know :D), reading the start of their relationship from Edward's point of view is fascinating. Plus I feel we get to learn more of the other Cullens and their views due to Edward's gift. I love Alice in this, how she knows that she will love Bella in the future and is disappointed at Edward keeping her away from Bella.
"because days come and go, but my feelings for you are forever"
NovaAlbion
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by NovaAlbion »

Yeah, I didn't know it was possible for me to like Alice more than I already did.

Also, I was wondering where in the trailer Emmett's line, "She's not one of us, Edward!" came from. (When I heard it, I said, "What the heck? Where did that come from?") Now we know the emotional source of the line. It seems to fit better now.
"Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here." Sue Kidd Monk, The Secret Life of Bees, Chapter 6

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4332809/1/Out_Of_The_Blue
Kyashi1
Settled in Forks

Post by Kyashi1 »

Unfortuantly, I can't see it. There is an error on the page or something. Is there any other way I can view this? :cry: I wanna read it sooo bad.
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

at first i wasnt going to read it i didnt want to ruin it.. but i did it didnt take very long.. but it was really good i love seeing edwards side, how strange that he says That Bella doesnt see herself clearly when He is the same way.. he knows he is attractive but i think he thinks its like an illusion or something.. the same way(but different also) bella feels about herself.. i love the Whole do i dazzle you.. surprise.. and how he was wondering if he really did dazzle her.. because in twilight it came off as though he KNEW she was dazzled and he was rubbing it in.... i fell even harder for her too which was crazy! i find myself wishing we had THE MEADOW chapter also i would have loved to read his fear and probable self consciousness as he walked into the sun the first time infront of her.. his fears of making her scared or anything really because in twilight you can feel his relief and he all of a sudden opens up big time.. i would have loved to read his point of view of those moments.. and their first kiss of course..
i really hope she decides to finish it.. im sad that this happen to her even though im thrilled to have read it i feel horrible for her.. she needs to finish it.. at least for herself though.... even if we never get to read it.. she is incredible to be able to write the SAME story from a totally different side.. Love it..
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

I'm barely into chapter 2 and I'm LOVING it! I knew Tanya was overly persistant :D ! And Edward's commentery is sooooo amusing. He has a dark, but quite enertaining mind. I'm in love with how he views his family and Alice? Seriously, she's at the top of my favorite characters list. She's just...amazing. LOVE it!

I keep holding off reading it because I keep thinking, this is it. One must persevere however....
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
LipsForeverSealed
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: In a black leather chair, that spins, *spin* weee! In Ireland

Post by LipsForeverSealed »

Ah dammit you people have all made me want to read it soo bad!!!
Grrr....
Hahaha I know I'll give and read it soon, I'm just being annoying right now....
Wow, it sounds so brilliant!
LipsForeverSealed
Image Edward Cullen
Li'lBit
Wandering Through Town

Post by Li'lBit »

It truly is beautiful - just an amazing story. I've loved the books from the beginning, but these twelve little chapters make little things throughout the stories make so much more sense - and especially Breaking Dawn. Edward leaving in New Moon finally made more sense as well - it's what he had been telling himself that he would do from the beginning, just as soon as he loved her enough to do it. Even Bella is better through Edward's eyes, she really didn't see herself very clearly, did she?

Oh, and I agree - I'm more enchanted with Alice than ever!
"Sure, [snow] was drier than rain -- until it melted in your socks."