Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
j_jam
Wandering Through Town
Location: Waiting for Edward to kick Bella to the curb (j/k, sort of)......in Texas

Re: Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Post by j_jam »

MagnoliasNSunshine wrote:I was actually hoping that she would continue through the ENTIRE story from Edwards P.O.V. ... After I wear out my volumes of Twilight books, I'll need more material!!! These books are like crack! Bring on 4 books from Edward, 4 from Jake, and more from anyone else! :lol:
ITA! I am holding out hope that she writes all 4 books from Edward's perspective. What I have read of MS so far has been amazing. Reading how Edward feels and how he sees things was even more addictive than Bella's POV (in my opinion).
My Three Favorite Couples:
Bella: "Why won't you leave me alone?"
Edward: Believe me, I wanted to say. I've tried. Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

This was posted elsewhere on the forums but I thought it would be a good idea to post it here as well. This is a new interview with Stephenie and she talks a little bit about Midnight Sun. She explains her initial response a little better in my opinion and overall I have even more hope now that Midnight Sun will eventually be written.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2023455 ... 27,00.html

I hope this makes some of you feel better. :)
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
leannia
Wandering Through Town

Post by leannia »

Thank you for posting the link. SM seems like a very nice lady and I hope that she gets back to MS sooner than later. Mermaids sound cheesy to me but then so did vampires.... :D If anyone can write a good story about mermaids, I'm sure it's SM. I'll buy it right after I buy MS. :P
katherine.cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by katherine.cullen »

I recently read the partial draft of Midnight Sun.
And I really want her to finish it.
I love Edward, not just in the fangirl-crazed way. But I think he is a very interesting character and I loved getting inside his head.
Somethin I would really love to read is Edward`s version of New Moon.
THAT would be really good.
j_jam
Wandering Through Town
Location: Waiting for Edward to kick Bella to the curb (j/k, sort of)......in Texas

Post by j_jam »

katherine.cullen wrote:I recently read the partial draft of Midnight Sun.
And I really want her to finish it.
I love Edward, not just in the fangirl-crazed way. But I think he is a very interesting character and I loved getting inside his head.
Somethin I would really love to read is Edward`s version of New Moon.
THAT would be really good.
Yeah, I would like to read all 4 books from Edward's POV. I think New Moon would be interesting from Edward's perspective but I would really like to read Eclipse in Edward's words (I especially want to read the chapter where Edward, Bella and Jacob are in the tent). I have a feeling that Edward's jealousy would be much more intense if it was from his POV.
Edward: Believe me, I wanted to say. I've tried. Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
twilightcullen1800s
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightcullen1800s »

i read this to

i was so Furious at the betrayers for what the done

now cause of them jackasses

we have to wait longer for ms
i am pissed

can i turn these betrayers into vampires and then let the volturri destroy em..?
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Destani wrote:This was posted elsewhere on the forums but I thought it would be a good idea to post it here as well. This is a new interview with Stephenie and she talks a little bit about Midnight Sun. She explains her initial response a little better in my opinion and overall I have even more hope now that Midnight Sun will eventually be written.

I haven't read DHN (the nickname for the book), and this just gave me something to look forward to. I never planned on reading it until it was published, but this made me feel that much better for not doing it in the first place. If she says that there is even a possibility of her finishing it, I want to wait. I want it all done before I get a glimpse at anything but the first chapter.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
j_jam
Wandering Through Town

Post by j_jam »

urcoolcarrie wrote:
Destani wrote:This was posted elsewhere on the forums but I thought it would be a good idea to post it here as well. This is a new interview with Stephenie and she talks a little bit about Midnight Sun. She explains her initial response a little better in my opinion and overall I have even more hope now that Midnight Sun will eventually be written.

I haven't read DHN (the nickname for the book), and this just gave me something to look forward to. I never planned on reading it until it was published, but this made me feel that much better for not doing it in the first place. If she says that there is even a possibility of her finishing it, I want to wait. I want it all done before I get a glimpse at anything but the first chapter.
I tried to wait........I really did. But, I just couldn't help myself. I have to selfishly say, though, that I don't regret reading it. It was all kinds of amazing and it made me love Edward even more ( I don't know how in the world that is possible, but it is).
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

I haven't read the partial draft either for a few reasons.

1)I don't want to get half way through and have to stop, not knowing when I may get to read the rest.
2)It's only a draft so a lot may get changed in the editing process.
3)Stephenie really didn't want it to be read.

I had a hard time staying away from it the first week or so but since then it hasn't been an issue for me. But I know the minute it's published I'll be running for the nearest bookstore.

No hard feelings to those that have read it. My main reason for not reading it was purely selfish. It would drive me crazy to get that deep into the story and not be able to finish it. I'd be going through withdrawals.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
arieonna
Settled in Forks

Post by arieonna »

I coludn't bring mysefl to read it either. I was on SM site and I had brought the 12 Chapters up and scrolled to the end to find out where she had stopped. Once I found out where it was that she stopped I woldn't read it. It would have drove my crazy not to get to read it till the end of the twilight book. So hopefully she will finish it at some point.