Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
AliceLuvsEdward
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Post by AliceLuvsEdward »

Most ppl want SM to finish the book.

I think it kinda pressurises her and it will make her feel like she has to finish it and that if she's under pressure then maybe she won't do such a good job. Like in the Save Midnight Sun Petition. I know it's a good cause but there is a LOT of signatures. I do and don't support the petition. I support it because I do want SM to finish it and I don't because I feel like SM should realise what she wants to do with it without all these ppl wanting her to finish it. I want her to feel secure about her decision to finish it and not feel like she HAS to, like she may be feeling because so many fans want her to.

So what I'm saying is, let SM do her thing, try to imagine being her, all pressured and all and then think about signing the petition before just doing it. As more signatures pile up the more pressure there is. There is around 21 thousand signatures! how much pressure is that? Try walking a kilometer in her shoes and see what it feels like.
OMG! Twilight so freaking rocks! Alice Cullen rules!!!
ImageThank you BellaAndEdward.com!
sparker
Wandering Through Town

Post by sparker »

And the backlash has begun! The measure of success isn't by how many people approve of you and your work, it's the measure of heart that creates something solely crafted from you as an artist. Too many people, too many voices. Remember, Twilight was inspired by Meyer's dream not the incessant voices demanding a product from her. Take the heart out of it and it's just regurgitated crap.
I don't want that.
Leave it undone, come back to it when you can dream about it again....
alellie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by alellie »

xP

Just like all of you, I really wanted SMeyer to finish it...but I guess, with the leak and all, she needs to take a break, too.

Especially since she left all of us hanging. I really wanted to see Edward's perspective during the meadow scene (Twilight-Ch. 13: Confessions).

Sigh. But there's still some hope...SMeyer DID say that she will continue the book once everyone's 'forgotten about it'...pfftt...as if that's possible.
Vampirechick101/Alellie: PICAOS/ Zookeepers to Mr. Panda
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

Okay, I'm sure this has been said a million times before, but I'm just going to say it anyways.

I can't believe that someone would be so cruel as to release an unfinished draft of something Stephenie Meyer wrote. Like Stephenie Meyer said herself, this totally takes away her right not only as an author, but as a human being! If you dislike what Stephenie Meyer writes, this doesn't mean that you should go and release something so personal and private without her permission!!!! Gah, it makes me so angry....
Like imagine that someone did this to you! Whoever did this: You suck. Period.

Okay, rant and rave over. I promise.

Stephenie, you are truly an incredible author. Take your time with Midnight Sun! We love you!

Love,
*Wanderer*
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by TwilightRose1 »

I really hope that she will decide to continue it. I am somewhat glad she posted what was leaked out, I felt guilty reading it though.. like I was betraying her. I would verrry willingly pay money to have the rest of the book though! Edward's POV is fascinating!
CauseofEdwardIlove
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Longing for Edward...but I will settle for Rob anytime...In Georgia!

Post by CauseofEdwardIlove »

I am heart boken about this being on hold! I so want to read this book....I wish they would do a movie from his point of view too :)
Manda
After waiting a lifetime....I have finally fallen in love...Rob I love you!
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

When I found out that Midnight Sun was on hold indefinitely, I was in complete shock. I have been looking forward to reading this books for so long and I had read the first chapter on her site so many times. It just breaks my heart! I know I am being selfish but I am really hoping that she finds it in her to eventually publish it. At this point I don't care how long it will take to be published, I just want to know that someday I will have my hands on a copy of this amazing book.
And I know that this is a long shot and that it will never happen; however, after reading all of the books in the saga at like 10 times each, I want to read all of them from Edwards perspective. I find myself asking "What is he thinking right now?! Why is he doing that?!" Especially in Breaking Dawn when Bella figures out that she is pregnant and we read that Edward is just sitting there like a statue and looking like he had no intention of moving for a long time. I am just dying to know what is going through his mind at this point!

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun
Bella's Baron
Settled in Forks

Post by Bella's Baron »

i don't know about the rest of you but i find it very hard to believe that after writing such a passionate saga of books and being so involved in them for several years, that you would be able to stop yourself from continuing with midnight sun. SM is an amazing author, and just like we are obsessed with reading these amazing books i am sure she is obsessed with the story-line she has created and can't wait to finish MS and publish it for herself just as much for us. Yes, i'm sure the leak was very painful for her, but all the same i don't see how she could not finish this knowing how epic this story is and how awesome she knows this book will be.
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."
-Edward Cullen
carlisleandme4ever
Settled in Forks

Post by carlisleandme4ever »

I am saddened by this news too. The books are amazing! She is such a talented author! I really hope she publishes Midnight Sun soon. I need another book to become addicted to! I am re-reading all of the series and still manage to find new things that I didn't see before!!!!

Please Mrs. Meyer........publish Midnight Sun! We are begging you! :)
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

It has annoyed me to no end. I've read it, but I want the full thing and not have to sit at my laptop to read it. I do prefer the hard copy of things and it saddens me that someone would be so cruel to do this to both Stephenie and Twilight fans. I would rather she didn't rush it, and takes the time and care to finish it. I would rather wait a few years and have a really amazing copy of the book rather then something in the next couple years that she felt she had to do.

This does remind me of that court case J. K. Rowling and the WB had with the guy that ran the HPLex and the book publishers that wanted to take Jo's work and make money off of her. I'm happy that the case was settled in favour of Jo because as a writer she does have to have some control over her work. It's a shame that some just want to hurt others by taking their work and just give it away.