Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
i2foundu
Wandering Through Town

Re: Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Post by i2foundu »

As I listened to all 4 audiobooks in a week’s time, I did not see it as a series but as one book (and absurd to think of Twilight being separated into 3 books). I couldn’t put it down. I felt a longing for more, more information about the “Cullen’s.” When I went to StephenieMeyer.com, I was befuddled about Midnight Sun. I felt guilty for wanting to read it, yet I as so enthralled with the characters that I yearned to learn more almost as Bella and Edward yearned for each other without clear understanding. I wanted to encourage SM to finish the manuscript and publish it. My feelings were intensified from the betrayal that this author has endured for these characters. SM has been able to set the scene so beautiful and poetic of how characters act in moments of tragedy and betrayal. My longing to learn more about why SM put the book down became more intriguing to me than I had assumed and I soon felt myself deciding that I was going to read what she had wrote.

Understanding in full that these 12 pre-published chapters were the beginnings of a rough draft and that chapters and paragraphs could easily be cut later. Before this, I read the outtakes from New Moon and was delighted that she had cut the scholarship part from the book. I have not looked at every page within the site and I will try and reflect that in the comments I will write.

I'm glad I read it. At first I thought it was silly. I thought I knew everything I needed to know about this particular year, but after reading it I was amazed on how much I yearned for more. Now I have read what she has made available I want what she hasn't made available. I'm suprprised at myself. I hope that SM has the ability to stand as strong as her characters in the midst of tragedy and betrayal.
Last edited by i2foundu on Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TwilightxSagaxLover
Wandering Through Town

Post by TwilightxSagaxLover »

I am in love with this series and i can just say that i was a loyal fan of this saga as to not read the leak until she posted it on her website as a sign of defeat so her fans could experience what Edward was thinking. There are still parts i have not gotten to experience but since Seth, brother and owner of SM official website, took off the email in which to contact SM, there is nothing we can do to provoke her any further. I am sure she knows how we feel and i feel that she will decide to continue it sometime or another because i honestly don't feel that a person could just step away from this saga without a book being finished completely. I do however feel that the person who leaked is a bad person and has every right to feel guilty if SM doesn't look back on this story for some time. I honestly hope that SM reads all the requests of Lexicon and other sites and sees the desperate need for Midnight Sun in all of us and continues the story.
They were not calling to me; they were letting me go, leaving me to the black universe I had wandered for so many lifetimes. It wasn't black at all, it was blue. Warm, vibrant, brilliant blue... i floated into it with no fear at all.
Team Edward
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

TwilightxSagaxLover wrote:I am in love with this series and i can just say that i was a loyal fan of this saga as to not read the leak until she posted it on her website as a sign of defeat so her fans could experience what Edward was thinking. There are still parts i have not gotten to experience but since Seth, brother and owner of SM official website, took off the email in which to contact SM, there is nothing we can do to provoke her any further. I am sure she knows how we feel and i feel that she will decide to continue it sometime or another because i honestly don't feel that a person could just step away from this saga without a book being finished completely. I do however feel that the person who leaked is a bad person and has every right to feel guilty if SM doesn't look back on this story for some time. I honestly hope that SM reads all the requests of Lexicon and other sites and sees the desperate need for Midnight Sun in all of us and continues the story.
My sentiments exactly.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I am so sad that MS has been put on hold. When I first heard he was writing it I was SO EXCITED! But I really don't blame her for wanting to stop writing for a while and take a break. I can't imagine what that must be like to have your trust broken and something that you are working on to be illegally posted on the internet without our consent or knowledge. I just pray that she will one day decide to pick it up again and finish it.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
peacelovetwilight
Wandering Through Town

Post by peacelovetwilight »

I really really hope Stephenie chooses to finish it soon. I feel awful that somebody would do that to somebody else's work but at the same time I just want it to be finished. It would be truly awful if it was never finished.
I just can't understand why anybody would leak it. I mean they didn't gain anything from it. I could understand if they could got money or something for it. But they didn't. So why do it :x.
Like a stalker. An obsessed stalker. An obsessed vampire stalker- Edward Cullen
Edward Cullen used to be my ideal guy. Then Robert Pattinson came along. Now Edward's number two.
i2foundu
Wandering Through Town

Post by i2foundu »

I don't remember where I heard it, but someone mentioned that "Edward" was still going to be a main character in New Moon. I wonder if the producers and SM have been working together to show what Edward was doing in the time he was away. I know that is some of the anticipation of the Story from Edward's prosective.
TotallyTwilighted
Settled in Forks

Post by TotallyTwilighted »

Well, I finished the 12 chapters of the draught, just recently and I can honestly say my heart broke at the very last sentence. The meadow scene was one of my romantic favourites and I was soooo looking forward to hearing Edward's version. I'm not angry with the person who leaked it. They just wanted to get it out there and to share it with others. They didnt know this woudl happen. My apologies go to Stephanie. It's awful when a writer has to put something on hold indefinately. :( :( :(
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I just finished reading the draft of Midnight Sun for the second time. I did not however read it before SM posted it on her site, I would never download an unfinished story like that. There is nothing better than to bring home a new book from the store. I do not know why this person distributed the draft on the internet, but the consequence is that they have ruined the experience for the author, and all the readers that wanted to read the complete story when it was finished. An authors work is something very personal, and of course she would want it to be completely finished before letting anyone read it.

With that said, I do hope that as time goes by, SM will finish Midnight Sun because it is a story that should be written. The draft is so beautiful, and it adds a whole new dimention to Twilight. And even if it describes pretty much the same events as Twilight, it feels like a new story since we get to her Edwards version. I would actually like to read Edwards point of view on all the books...
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Eklipze6645
Settled in Forks

Post by Eklipze6645 »

So I was reading somewhere on here I think it was in the Faq page about SM and midnight sun.......... and Listen to this she said that she WILL CONTINUE WITH MIDNIGHT SUN if she stops hearing about it. this is her exact quote

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Is Midnight Sun still dead to you, or can you see finishing and publishing it in the future?

STEPHENIE MEYER: It’s really complicated, because everyone now is in the driver’s seat, where they can make judgment calls. ”Well, I think this should happen, I think she should do this.” I do not feel alone with the manuscript. And I cannot write when I don’t feel alone. So my goal is to go for, like, I don’t know, two years without ever hearing the words Midnight Sun. And once I’m pretty sure that everyone’s forgotten about it, I think I’ll be able to get to the place where I’m alone with it again. Then I’ll be able to sneak in and work on it again

SO IN CONCLUSION WE NEED TO GET EVERYONE TO STOP TALKING ABOUT IT......the sooner we do this the sooner she will finish the story...... I know it will be hard but if we really want to read midnight sun this this is what we have to do.......
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Alas, that's going to be impossible. You can't just tell people around the world to stop talking about something they're eagerly anticipating.

Not to mention, since she did put up those chapters on her website, everyone who's read them (myself included) will discuss them.

What I think she wants people to do is to stop pressuring her to finish it. Let her work on it on her own terms, and stop bugging her with "Are you working on Midnight Sun?"-type questions. It will be released when it's released.