Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Lynne!!

Come back! This place is super quiet. I miss the good ol days of having people to geek out over fandoms with..which is why I'm back haha!

So I think you guys know I clean houses for a living and the past few times I've been to this particular house, they've been watching Insurgent then Divergent... so naturally because I vacuum and mop, I kept getting interested in the silly movies and darn they're good.

So I went to the library and grabbed the first two books because I'm a glutton for punishment. But they're just so addicting! And well written, unlike Allegiant! So I went on Youtube today and found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DDIy2rMhSE

The ending to Allegiant, the movie. The book was originally split into two, thank you money grubbing Lionsgate, but then when the third movie tanked, they haven't made the fourth one yet and probably won't. I know Shailene Woodley dropped out once they tried to spin the final movie into a TV one, not a theatrical release :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I feel like their crappy planning actually saves the series for me because she's not dead and everyone is someone what happy and alive from what I saw. I don't care if it wasn't Veronica Roth's original vision especially. Hee hee hee.

Lynne-I've been watching online how busy you've been, it's great! I hope you're doing well!
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Hey anyone who may still be lurking around! (Sarah, thanks for the reminder to hop back on. Looks like the work computers don't have the Lex blocked! Woohoo!!!)

I've been meaning to come pop back in for awhile now, but things are just so hectic these days. I got a flat tire the other day,
and won't have the funds to replace it until my next paycheck in the middle of November, so I've been taking the country roads everywhere and being super paranoid that my spare won't last long enough.

And I just finished moving to a new apartment yesterday as well! The rent hike at my old one was too much for me to afford,
and it happen to coincide with me finding out about Marie Kondo's The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. So I went through all my things and downsized like a mad woman for about a month (She recommends 6 months for the full process, but I didn't have that kind of time before my lease was up) and moved into a tiny little apartment that's about 200 sq ft smaller than the old one. I'm still unpacking, but so far it seems that with a little thinking outside the box, everything is fitting perfectly and will have a spot! The only thing I think I'll miss is that I wasn't told this one has only one kitchen sink (instead of a double) and no dishwasher!

I've been getting the itch to re-read Twilight, but I've been trying to finally finish TMI series after a year (or maybe more)
of trying to get through it, but things just keep coming up and it's falling to the wayside! I have been re-reading Emancipation Proclamation though at work on nights I forget to bring my book or nights when it's busy in our hotel lobby and it would be inappropriate to have a book out. Much easier to read when it's on the computer screen and I can be more discrete about it. ;)
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hello, back for a moment.

Yes, I've been super busy lately. October was a good month for sales, which was a really good thing after the first half of the year was so quiet. I went to ComicCon with some author friends and made some good sales and connections. So it's been positive just recently. I went to a conference last weekend with a great speaker who talked a lot about avoiding lazy writing, so I've been trying to put that into practise too. We'll see how we go.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hi all!

I've flown back through Divergent and will probably pick up Insurgent again next week..I was hoping the movies would be available to stream via Netflix or Hulu but it doesn't look like it. I'll have to check the library..I imagine they'll be on good sales during Black Friday, the way most DVDs are, so I'll probably scoop them up then. I do adore her writing but Allegiant just ruined the series for me and I'm hesitant to try and read any of her other books.

Our weather here has turned cold quickly which is unusual for this early in winter so tonight we have a roaring fire going and I'm curled up with a Christian fiction book..nice easy reading.

Lynne-I'm so glad things are going so well for you still! Are you participating in Naniwrimo?

Ashley-I need to read that book, I've heard wonderful things about it! How many books are there in the TMI series?
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Well not much new here today. I'm almost finished unpacking my apartment, and have to spend the day running errands, plus get a new tire for my car. Not much fun for my only day off for the next 8 days. Getting ready for the holidays plus moving again two years in a row isn't much fun.

Lynne Congrats on the book sales last month! Are you doing NaNo this year? I skipped last year due to just moving states and thought I'd be able to this year, but it's busy again as well.

Sarah There are 6 books in the core series, a prequel series with 3 books, a sequel series with 2, a spin off book about one of the fan favorite side characters, plus 2 other spin offs. One being a collection of shorter stories from the POV of one of the main characters, and the other a sort of guide for the series, similar to the guide SM wrote for Twilight. It's a very good series, but there is a LOT to it. It reads similarly to Twilight, but the world inside of it is more in line with Harry Potter, in that it's beyond massive and you could probably fill a bookshelf or two if the author were to write all the possible books she could about the mythology and characters.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I've got some kind of throat infection at the moment, which has laid me low. I'm supposed to be going back to work tomorrow but I don't know if that's going to happen. Trouble is, I'm casual, which means I only get paid if I work, so I can't keep taking time off. I just wish I felt better. Last year at this time I had something similar which led to pneumonia. Really hope that doesn't happen again.

No, I'm not doing NaNoWriMo. I find I don't do my best work when it has to be done that quickly. I'd rather take the time I need to get it right.

Ashley - it is a lot of work to move. Hopefully you'll settle in soon.

Sarah - I don't think I'll ever read anything by Veronica Roth again.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

So sorry it's been a few weeks, I've been super busy with life and Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving was wonderful, very quiet, but delicious haha.

I snagged all three Divergent movies on Amazon for 11.99 so I can listen to them while I work :) I get so bored with just music.

Lynne-hope you're feeling better! I've been seeing on FB you've been selling more books, awesome :)

Ashley-hope you're all settled in from your move!
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

It's been super quiet around here!

The holidays were super busy for me and I can't believe Christmas was already three weeks ago! I did a fairly deep clean of the house as a reset of sorts, now to organize the closets :)

I was skimming through Kindle suggestions today and saw Veronica Roth wrote an Allegiant epilogue, set five years after Allegiant ended. I caved and bought it for two bucks and it was okay...I'm interested to know what you think, Lynne.

I'm getting the urge to re-read the Saga, as it always makes me feel young again, and right now I'm quite feeling my age haha.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi! It's me--Susie!

Is this the Lynne, Sarah and Ashley I know and remember??

It took me a while to find my password....
Sorry my Rob pic is outdated...

Big News! I'm going to self-publish my memoir in May. :shock:
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Susie!!! It's good to see someone else here!

So you decided to self publish? That is so cool!!

Not a whole lot new with me, just work and waiting for our home study to be approved, but that'll likely take all summer. So I'm trying to keep busy :) Hope everyone is doing well