Adult Thread: Novel~ Psy/Changeling by Nalini Singh

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: "Adult Thread: Spoiler Warning" Psy/Changeling Series

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I think it was Bac who mentioned the Wolf love. I'm a Vaughn girl. Does this give you any insight into my soul: I love Qhuinn, Vishous, Zsadist, Rhage, and Vaughn. Rar! :lol:
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I found this pic today of a waterfall rock shower. It's not a continuous waterfall, but you can see where the water falls from the top. This one is kinda cool too. In my mind's eye, it's like a real waterfall. I don't think there's a pic to be had, but I'll keep looking! I actually found one really hot pic, but it's too hot to keep this place PG. Has anyone been to the Madonna Inn in California? They have a bunch of theme rooms and couple of them are rock-themed.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

LadyDi wrote: I have to confess that it took me a while to get into the P/C series (I think I was paranormeroticaed out after burning through BDB and MB and 2 of P/C). Judd's book helped me enjoy the series. At first Lucan and Vaughn were just too similar for me (yes, the Vaughn fans are probably going to claw my eyes out for saying that - I know my dear friend in real life said she seriously was debating whether she loved Vishous from BDB or Vaughn from P/C more). I loved the Psy complications. I liked Clay's book too, although I think I like Judd's best so far.
I'm so with you, Di! I did enjoy Lucan's book but I was so bummed out with Vaughn. I do like the cat but I didn't feel connected to Faith and I thought both books 1 and 2 were very similar. Thanks to Nena who kept telling me to go further, I loved Judd's book. I loved his characterization, the struggle, the whole 9 yards. Speaking of Judd's book, I do love the wolves. I also liked Clay. I would love having Clay as my big brother. I'll read Dorian's book but I might not be jumping in line to do so. *Ducks from flying objects*
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I remember claiming the Psy/Changeling series as my favorite, but I am wondering now, since it has been a while since I've read one of the books, did I only say it because it was the freshest. Do I profess a series my favorite just because it is the most recent I've read? At one time each series has been my favorite.

I will confess that I've invested more emotions in BDB. I feel tied to its characters. I love MB, but I don't feel that emotional bond as I do with BDB. As a whole, MB is a much better product over BDB, but BDB has that certain something that makes it special.

P/C appeals to me all the way waround. It has great characterization, an intelligent storyline, emotions, mystery, suspense, good writing, and smut. It perhaps may be my favorite. I NEED to know how the story plays out.

I think I felt the need to write a small essay. Sorry 'bout that. :oops:

ETA: I'm chatting with Twihardy now, and she just told me she's finished Dorian's story, and had no idea it wasn't supposed to be out yet. She bought hers in Utah at Borders. She said she went in and there it was. her new name is ...Vera Lucky..because she is! :evil:

...Sergeant Elizabeth O'Ruley..
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

That's it! I'm not speaking to VampSiren. She sent me a birthday e-card and it's goin' into the recycle bin...at least until I'm done reading Dorian's book. Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I'll love ya (Dorian) Tomorrow...you're only a day away...
Banner by Fry
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I finished Dorian's book last night. There is a little artistic change in it, but I really enjoyed it. Great story, the conflict has truly escalated, there is a GREAT secret shared in the story and an incredibly evil teaser for the next book (we know as Mercy's). A new group (possibly two) have been added into the mix. It was GREAT!!! Wonderful foreshadowing and I must share how eager and excited I am for the next book!!! Hint: think Romeo and Juliet!!!

~Una Mae McCheaty :twisted:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
VampSiren
Settled in Forks

Post by VampSiren »

Hello my friends - I'm finally back!! After three weeks of rearranging, repainting, re-organizing three rooms and the loft, in addition to working two of those weeks at horse camp and getting the younger kids ready for school....AND taking my son to college...I'm emotionally intact (well, you know, as well as I ever was!) and back to the regular routine of life. That's only minimally crazy as opposed to insanely crazy. But I'm back and finally got logged on to the new Lex and am looking through the boards.

Yes, it's true - I found Dorian in a Border's in Utah....I knew it was coming out soon but had no idea it was so close (because I've been excessively occupied with the above mentioned activities!). I wasn't even sure if it was the new book - had to look at the inside cover to find out if the others were listed....but, I bought it lickity split and started reading the instant I got into the car. I finished it on our drive home from Utah on Sunday afternoon, and

I LOVED IT!!!!!

Ohhh - Dorian, Dorian, Dorian - wow...I love him!! I only have one question with something I found rather inconsistent with the others, but we'll all talk about that later. You all need to READ, READ, READ!!!
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Okay...did you all get your books??? Are you reading, are you reading...can we discuss all the yumminess yet??? *trying to stop jumping up and down excitedly* I have SO many thoughts of what to expect next...which the next book isn't until "Summer of 2009"!! Grr...this waiting this is SO annoying! :evil:

ETA: Okay, on Singh's website she has almost the complete first chapter excerpt up (more than what was at the end of Dorian's). Very much worth reading and she edited out the beginning so it will NOT be a spoiler. The next book is Mercy's and will be entitled, "Branded by Fire."

Geez... I have such a love/hate with these names!! :oops: :twisted:
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I have Dorian's book in my possession. I tell ya, even the bookstore was embarrassed by the name. Was it on the new releases table? Noooo. Was it even facing forward in the romance section? Noooo. It was tucked away, only copy in the store. At least our boys are headless on the covers now. They're not mucking it up with pictures that don't even go with the description in the book. Reading now...
Banner by Fry
una

Post by una »

nissanmama wrote:I have Dorian's book in my possession. I tell ya, even the bookstore was embarrassed by the name. Was it on the new releases table? Noooo. Was it even facing forward in the romance section? Noooo. It was tucked away, only copy in the store. At least our boys are headless on the covers now. They're not mucking it up with pictures that don't even go with the description in the book. Reading now...
Yay!! *Una is doing a happy dance* I will let you read in peace and not try to poke you to hurry up. Course, I'm still waiting to hear if GNE has it yet....*stomps foot impatiently* I know, I know, before you even start...patience is a virtue... :evil:

Yes, I was happy to see that our hot cover bod is headless, makes it SO much better to know that they just picked some random guy instead of a true depiction of our male. And Nima, it really cracks me up that your bookstore buried it so the cover wouldn't show! :lol: